Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beat My Zerg Rush As Protoss Please

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Ipooptoomuch

Ipooptoomuch
  • Members
  • 45 posts
So is it just me or is zerg rush that unstoppable against protoss? I can win 70 percent of matching by rushing. It's making me really sad that I'm in diamond league and I haven't had my ass handed to me rushing a protoss. So any toss players in here can you 1v1 and show me I'm wrong?

Ipooptoomuch #693 in sc2

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
What are we talking about here? 6/7 pool?

Ipooptoomuch

Ipooptoomuch
  • Members
  • 45 posts
It's a secret. I'm already telling you I'm rushing...

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Ipooptoomuch @ Oct 2 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a secret. I'm already telling you I'm rushing...

QUOTE (Ipooptoomuch @ Oct 2 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is it just me or is zerg rush that unstoppable against protoss?

You asked the question. It's impossible for me to answer, when "Zerg Rush" is an incredibly ambiguous term.

Ipooptoomuch

Ipooptoomuch
  • Members
  • 45 posts
Good point heres my build order.
8 pool
10 ovy
11 lings
pump lings
queen as soon as the minerals build up

Still want to 1v1?

Oh yeah how do you manage to get into diamond league with only 75 games played? Were you in the beta?

Edited by Ipooptoomuch, 02 October 2010 - 10:53 AM.

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
most of the people posting in the starcraft threads were in the beta.
If you get placed in platinum after your original 5 you dont need that many games to get promoted to diamond.

i on the other hand was placed in silver and climbed my way up.
The thing about your bo is that you lose the rush of the 6pool and the economy of a 9-14.

Replays help when trying to find holes in your build.

Edited by retrovirus, 02 October 2010 - 11:32 AM.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
with a proper scout, a 6/7/8 pool can be countered by doing a full wall-off with a forge, and winning the tech race. as soon as the lings stop coming (when they see penetrating a 1500 hp wall + canons/stalkers is futile), you can sack one of the buildings in order to expand.

its really not that difficult, but is the ONLY way I have found to survive against someone who does nothing but continually pump lings in a constant stream

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
6pools are the reason I scout with one of my initial 6 probes right off the bat against zerg, because if you scout it too late, it's unbeatable.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 02 October 2010 - 05:19 PM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Oct 2 2010, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
6pools are the reason I scout with one of my initial 6 probes right off the bat against zerg, because if you scout it too late, it's unbeatable.

you can beat it just as easily by scouting after a 9 pylon. by scouting with one of your first probes, you are hurting your economy almost as much as a 6 pooling zerg player! the trick to winning is having a ridiculous head-start on economy

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (DHC @ Oct 2 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you can beat it just as easily by scouting after a 9 pylon. by scouting with one of your first probes, you are hurting your economy almost as much as a 6 pooling zerg player! the trick to winning is having a ridiculous head-start on economy

I have never been able to beat a 6-pool when scouting at 8 or 9. A short time after, they already have lings en route to my base.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 02 October 2010 - 05:25 PM.

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
  • xfire:360shunted
  • Steam ID:shunted
  • Xbox / GFWL:shunted
  • PSN:shunted
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
i just expect it and allways forge wall

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
You know I'm fairly sure there are better ways to deal with the possibility of a 6-10 pool than always forging.
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Rob` @ Oct 2 2010, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know I'm fairly sure there are better ways to deal with the possibility of a 6-10 pool than always forging.

Such as? A 6 pool is MUCH faster than 2gating or even just getting early zealots.

AKA:

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Rob` @ Oct 2 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please enlighten us!

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
I think you can just micro a bit and loose 2 or maybe 3 probes, or maybe a pylon if he doesn't chase the probes before you get a zealot out. Idk I've never lost to a 6 pool yet in SC2, then again 5% of my opponents are zerg.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Yozki @ Oct 2 2010, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you can just micro a bit and loose 2 or maybe 3 probes, or maybe a pylon if he doesn't chase the probes before you get a zealot out. Idk I've never lost to a 6 pool yet in SC2, then again 5% of my opponents are zerg.

But he just rallies his lings to your base and kills more and more probes each time until you lose.

AKA:

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
I would offer the OP a challange but different servers icon_sad.gif

That's easy 2 defend. Hell I've defended 6 pools with a 13 gate.

Here's the key guys... wait for it

Wall-in completely, personally I like 2 gateways but a forge should work. Put a pylon at the side because you destroy that when you gateways are running low on health. You should have enough zealots to stop the lings and if you just hold position at the choke the lings wont stand a chance. If it gets to a point where its constantly happening just get 2 sentries. Forcefield the ramp at the bottom and at the top and just kill them with ranged units.

Edited by Cure, 02 October 2010 - 07:40 PM.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Cure @ Oct 2 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would offer the OP a challange but different servers icon_sad.gif

That's easy 2 defend. Hell I've defended 6 pools with a 13 gate.

Here's the key guys... wait for it

Wall-in completely, personally I like 2 gateways but a forge should work. Put a pylon at the side because you destroy that when you gateways are running low on health. You should have enough zealots to stop the lings and if you just hold position at the choke the lings wont stand a chance. If it gets to a point where its constantly happening just get 2 sentries. Forcefield the ramp at the bottom and at the top and just kill them with ranged units.

same as I suggested, except I would only go for a forge. sentries/stalkers come way too late, and the constant pumping of lings WILL eventually take down the 1500hp buildings if all you have are zealots. you need range, and cannons are the fastest way to do this. this sets you up nicely for the +1 attack, which lets the zealots kill lings in 2 hits instead of 3.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
You can defend a 6 pool with just probes. Also, if you can get a zealot out and you have decent building placement, you can pretty much hold your ramp indefinitely and get an easy easy win.

Edited by j type, 02 October 2010 - 08:49 PM.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
hes not even talking about 6 pool, hes talking about 8 pool. tbh ive never tried 8 pool. its always either 6/9/10/13 (though 13 isnt a rush i guess. more of a standard)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users