Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Halo: Reach Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
Halo: Reach review found here:

http://www.central-r.../games/r-hr.php

Comment here or on the website. Thanks

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
"First off, I am disappointed having no levels like the previous games. While you could argue that Arena provides rankings and divisions, it is tough to say if this compares to levels. Arena rates you during a season. You must play a certain amount of matches throughout the season to get put into a division. These divisions may serve as good bragging rights and force awesome competition in each game played, but I just don’t see it comparing to levels. I could be wrong though, and it is still too early to tell. Currently it does not sit well with me. While earning the next level provoked a lot of cheating once you hit a certain level it ensured a competitive nature in each game which is something I love about Halo."

there are still levels/ranks.

edit: and if you try Big Team Battle, the maps are a lot better. A lot of the team slayer and team arena makes do blow, but the big team battles feel very much like what halo should be.

edit 2: and I think Bungie has limited playlists right now on purpose. They are supposed to be adding more playlist (including campaign matchmaking) in the next couple weeks. And I think I heard there was a free map pack being released in november or some wheres in there.

edit 3: you also don't mention that the friendly AI is absolutely retarded on heroic/legendary.

Edited by way2lazy2care, 26 September 2010 - 06:05 AM.

SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
Again a very high-school level review, absolutely no adherence to formal styles, many times adding random adjectives where they don't belong, poor grammar.

Give the review a miss imo.

2.5/10

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Sep 26 2010, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"First off, I am disappointed having no levels like the previous games. While you could argue that Arena provides rankings and divisions, it is tough to say if this compares to levels. Arena rates you during a season. You must play a certain amount of matches throughout the season to get put into a division. These divisions may serve as good bragging rights and force awesome competition in each game played, but I just donít see it comparing to levels. I could be wrong though, and it is still too early to tell. Currently it does not sit well with me. While earning the next level provoked a lot of cheating once you hit a certain level it ensured a competitive nature in each game which is something I love about Halo."

there are still levels/ranks.

edit: and if you try Big Team Battle, the maps are a lot better. A lot of the team slayer and team arena makes do blow, but the big team battles feel very much like what halo should be.

edit 2: and I think Bungie has limited playlists right now on purpose. They are supposed to be adding more playlist (including campaign matchmaking) in the next couple weeks. And I think I heard there was a free map pack being released in november or some wheres in there.

edit 3: you also don't mention that the friendly AI is absolutely retarded on heroic/legendary.

I did say there are arena ranks, but they do not have levels anymore.

1. Possibly

2. That would be good if they added more maps for free

3. I think the AI is pretty challenging on legendary, I dunno about you..

QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Sep 26 2010, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again a very high-school level review, absolutely no adherence to formal styles, many times adding random adjectives where they don't belong, poor grammar.

Give the review a miss imo.

2.5/10

Thanks. Remember I am not a professional reviews though, nor can I write extremely well.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Sep 26 2010, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did say there are arena ranks, but they do not have levels anymore.

It depends on what you mean. They still have the ranking system and all that jazz (with the top ones not yet released), and they still rank you individually on skill level for each gametype.

So there's no more relatively trivial number on which they base your skill for you to tell your friends, but there's a lot more numbers that determine your actual skill in the game.

3. I think the AI is pretty challenging on legendary, I dunno about you..

friendly AI. the enemy AI is great. The friendly AI is retarded.
Give me LoL Referals.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Sep 26 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
friendly AI. the enemy AI is great. The friendly AI is retarded.

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, everytime I rush into battle with some troopers they die instantly. Kinda hilarious actually.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Sep 26 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, everytime I rush into battle with some troopers they die instantly. Kinda hilarious actually.

yea... it kinda ruined the feel when ur running through an area with 10 other guys and the music picks up like ur all badass and then they all insta die. I wouldn't care if they just hid behind stuff, or stood in the back and watched me kill everything. It's just like "you should not run at the brute with the gravity hammer"
Give me LoL Referals.

TracyTheFreak

TracyTheFreak

For being amazing, of course

• Members
  • 2,975 posts
  • xfire:TracyTheFreak
  • Steam ID:Dezna (TracyTheFreak)
  • Xbox / GFWL:TracyTheFreak
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Sep 26 2010, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea... it kinda ruined the feel when ur running through an area with 10 other guys and the music picks up like ur all badass and then they all insta die. I wouldn't care if they just hid behind stuff, or stood in the back and watched me kill everything. It's just like "you should not run at the brute with the gravity hammer"

Man, even on normal those bitches couldn't stay alive.

And the ones that can't die will just sit there and get their ass beat by hunters and I stand back and lol.
That and I've learned to bait those people into distracting the baddies on the big guns so I can kill them.

p.s. I also noticed the horrible voice acting. "Help. We're under attack by the covenant." "Oh really? You sound quite fine to me."

Edited by TracyTheFreak, 27 September 2010 - 04:26 AM.

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxnizle1
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Sep 26 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And this is why the humans lost at Reach

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users