Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Halo Reach

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Richard Fallout

Richard Fallout
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Guitar, Bass Guitar, rts, fps
  • Steam ID:aspirinfree
  • Xbox / GFWL:O BigBoy O
I personally am a Halo fanatic. Been with it since Halo 1.
I just want to start by saying that it has greatly improved over the years that Bungie has been putting them out.

Well to start this off. I started playing Halo Reach during the two week long beta, and A LOT has changed.
New guns, Health packs have been brought back, armour abilities and there are classes now (so it won't be team br or team slayer pre-set guns anymore).
Also the new ranking system and credit system.

The new guns are incredible, I'm a little disappointed about the loss of the br, but who cares when you have a dmr (designated marksman rifle)?
Great gun, powerful if accurate, and it has a vast variety of ranges you can use it at.
The sniper is a little different, and might take some getting used too, but overall it's the same gun.
The pistol has also changed. Brought back from halo 1, the pistol featured in Halo Reach can zoom in...good stuff.
The assault rifle has changed as well, not the firepower, but the look.
The shotgun looks a lot nicer, but like the assault rifle hasn't changed in power.
The grenade launcher is pretty cool, you can fire it and let go of the trigger so it explodes on contact, or you can hold down the trigger after you shoot it so it will last longer.
The needle riffle is the dmr's opposing covenant weapon with a kick, shoots like a dmr (single shot) but has the explosion of the needler.
The grenades (I know, not a gun) are deadly in Reach. Able to take out a spartan is thrown and exploding directly under them.
I know I have left out some of the new weapons, but generally they are all fun to use, except for the annoying and cheap focus rifle, lol.

Now on to the Health packs. First used in Halo 1, scrapped in Halo 2-3, and seen again in Halo ODST. These guys make an appearance for the last time in Halo Reach. For those of you who don't know, you have a shield and life bars, once your shield is depleted, the next shots on you will take away bars of health. Now your shield may come back but your health will not, enter the health pack. (They are located all around the map).

Now instead of the traditional matchmaking games in Halo 3, such as: Team Br (start with a br), Team Slayer (usually start with an assualt rifle), where it presets your guns for the match, it will not happen in Halo Reach. Sure it will set the game for you, for example, Team Slayer, but you will not enter the game with an assault rifle unless you choose it. Now you will be offered a variety of classes to play, all equipped with a different weapon, and armour ability.

Armour abilities are a first in Halo Reach. Possible due to the class system. These abilities range from armour lock (puts you into an invincible shield form a short period of time). Jet pack (allows the player to fly for a short period of time). Sprint (allows player to sprint for a short period of time). Invisible (allows the player to be invisible for a short period of time). And the latest release, Hologram (sends out a hologram in the direction of your choice to throw off enemy attackers).

The ranking system is completely different from Halo 3. Now credits will raise your rank. The more you win, the more credits you receive. The more daily challenges you complete the more credits you receive. Also little things like being the games mvp will give you more credits. There are also divisions. You will be given numbers beside your name depending on how good you are playing, the better you do, the higher the number gets. after you achieve receiving this number for how you played, at the end of the season you will be placed into a bracket. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Onyx. Onyx being the highest. The higher your rank, the better you are.
Now onto credits. Like I said above, you receive these credits from playing online. While helping you level, they are also used to buy new armour pieces top customize your spartan with. Very cool stuff. Personally, I'm glad they added this, because you will actually have something to work towards instead of just playing a game over and over with now real goal.

I hope your still with me, there is a little more lol.

Now, in addition to playing the demo, I also was fortunate enough to get to play Firefight.
There was a Halo Reach, I guess pre-launch party held in Vancouver and in Toronto (cities in Canada for those of you not familiar).
Living in Ontario, I went to the Toronto one. After a long wait in a line, a game of outdoor lazer-tag, and a 3 minute wait to play Firefight, there I was, playing it.

Very fun! Firefight in Halo Reach makes ODST's Firefight look and feel like a beta on it's own. Firefight has rapidly improved over the 1 year that's it's been out, and it will show through the community. Firefight will now also include an online matchmaking, so no more waiting for friends to come on or playing by yourself. It is also very customizable.

Now unfortunately, I didn't get to demo forge world, but hey, Firefight was enough to keep me pumped for it's release.

Hopefully this hasn't bore you too much, and I'm looking forward to it's release. Halo Reach is going to be amazing, and I hope those of you getting it will enjoy it as much as I know I am.

If you have any unanswered questions, you could probably just search for the answers on the internet. By now there are countless amounts of videos talking about Reach and demos of the games many modes.

Thanks for reading, later.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
...the game isn't even out yet.

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
  • Company:Gamma
i should think a few of the general public have already got a copy.

although this isn't really a review, just a list of things most all ready know about.

Richard Fallout

Richard Fallout
  • Members
  • 14 posts
I was bored last night, also,
It's more of a pre-review to the game based on the experiences that I had playing it.

Palt_Teh_Destroyer

Palt_Teh_Destroyer
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Video Games(LOL)<br />Music<br />COD:WAW
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Sep 11 2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This.

Stop posting publicly. I can answer your questions.
I have proof.

I hope that if I found the strength to walk out you would stay the hell out of my way.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Sep 12 2010, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
http://www.purepwnag...showtopic=73411

Why does no one ever follow the rules for posting reviews?
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Richard Fallout

Richard Fallout
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Sorry I'm a n00b everyone, I'll try harder icon_sad.gif
I'm just very excited.

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxnizle1
SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! - not an xbox owner...

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (teh Original @ Sep 13 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I'm a n00b everyone, I'll try harder icon_sad.gif
I'm just very excited.

My reply wasn't directed at just you. I don't think anyone has followed the rules icon_wink.gif
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Palt_Teh_Destroyer

Palt_Teh_Destroyer
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Video Games(LOL)<br />Music<br />COD:WAW
So where is our REAL Reach review? I'm interested if it lived up to the hype or not.

Stop posting publicly. I can answer your questions.
I have proof.

I hope that if I found the strength to walk out you would stay the hell out of my way.

Richard Fallout

Richard Fallout
  • Members
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (Palt_Teh_Destroyer @ Sep 15 2010, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So where is our REAL Reach review? I'm interested if it lived up to the hype or not.

If no one does before I complete the campaign (I already played forge world, firefight, multilayer, etc.)
and the admins or mods don't mind that I post a review because I have under 50 posts then I'll get on it.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
I'm going REACH for the close thread button. Halo Reach talk goes in here. If you want to make a review, follow the guidelines.

Edited by Ineffable, 15 September 2010 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users