Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Video Game Photography Project

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ProGamerGauntlet

ProGamerGauntlet
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:RequiemSlayer
  • PSN:Paul Hearding
I've started a project on my blog where I take one video game related photo each day and post it (along with some thoughts) to the blog. It's part of my bigger project, Pro-gamer Gauntlet, which is a comedy show about video games.

Anyway, you can check out the photos here:
http://www.progamerg...om/cblog/?cat=4

And, if you haven't checked out our show already, you can find it here:
http://www.progamergauntlet.com/

Please leave some feedback and let me know what you think!

Here's an example (if you want to see more, hit the link)

Thanks, guys (and gals)!

ProGamerGauntlet

ProGamerGauntlet
  • Members
  • 44 posts
Here's another example from the project. Let me know what you think!

Edited by ProGamerGauntlet, 17 September 2010 - 02:15 PM.

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
  • xfire:360shunted
  • Steam ID:shunted
  • Xbox / GFWL:shunted
  • PSN:shunted
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
i think thats its pointless.. what are you trying to get across in the pictures? whats the idea? what are you trying to achieve?

Edited by shunted, 21 September 2010 - 01:30 PM.

ProGamerGauntlet

ProGamerGauntlet
  • Members
  • 44 posts
Well, I'm sorry that you feel that it's pointless, but thank you for your feedback. There definitely is a clear idea/theme to the whole project. Each photo is of a video game character and, typically, the photo makes a statement about that character or something from a particular game. I accompany each photo with a blog post, reflecting on the characters/games. So, I'm not sure where the confusion comes in about what I'm trying to get across.

As far as what I'm trying to achieve...I just want to share photos and memories of characters/moments in video game history with fellow gamers. Just sharing my art with the world.

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
what i was hoping for when i initially sawthe thread was someone go through games and take digital photographs of unseen beautys within game

as it is the "figures" seems to seem completely out of place and dont relate to the games at all

maybe instead of using furniture actually draw the backgrounds and put the figures infront of it and make the interact.. or actually make minature sets for them..

as it is it just looks like a bunch of toys in front/ontop of/next to a bunch of other random stuff/boxes/toys

edit:
ok looking at the blog you do have some more relevant photographs that are much better, but i still think could be improved.. like the altair looking over an edge

if you had drawn rought buildings, or even made them out of cardboard and drawn in a croud of people with haybails or made haybails from something i think you would have alot more impact and look less like something that was thrown together in a few seconds..

Edited by shunted, 21 September 2010 - 02:20 PM.

ProGamerGauntlet

ProGamerGauntlet
  • Members
  • 44 posts
Thanks for the input. I totally agree with you that making sets for the characters and having some sort of interaction with a "gaming environment" would be pretty awesome. I wish I had some more time to work on this project, but unfortunately, I'm writing/directing/editing the whole Pro-gamer Gauntlet video series. So, making a set for each day seems tremendously unrealistic without a lot of help and/or money... But, I think I can definitely look into making at least a few miniature sets to start with.

As far as your initial expectation for the direction of the project...that sounds really interesting! I'm sure there has to be enough content out there to make that project a reality.

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
you could very easily and very effectively draw scene or make them uber cheap.. also vary the lightning, imagine a horror game character looking down a dark tunnel/dungeon scene holding a burning torch (that youcould replicate with some paper and a match)

all you would need to make is the wall and get some black cloth for the tunnel walls to see dark and have the picture taken in a dark room

lightning can make cheap props looks good

for the wall all you need is card stop with small raised parts the size of a relative brick.. spray paint it and use a wash/drybrush/stencil... easy and effective

Edited by shunted, 21 September 2010 - 02:31 PM.

ProGamerGauntlet

ProGamerGauntlet
  • Members
  • 44 posts
Awesome idea. Thanks a lot, shunted. I can definitely see making a horror scene like that. The only problem is that I have no talent in drawing, but I do have a friend who might be able to help out (if they are interested).

I can also see making a model of the Blood Gulch base from Halo 1 out of cardboard or some other material. I would just have to get some help with the painting/drawing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users