Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Earthbound

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

DarkTruth

DarkTruth
  • Banned
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:XL KaRnAgE
EarthBound is the best RPG. Have you heard of it?

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/EarthBound

It's really good but NoA and NoJ are actively trying to suppress a North American release of Earthbound 2 (Mother 3), a Gameboy adaption of EarthBound 0 (Mother), and a Virtual-Console release of EarthBound.

I'd warn people to beware of the Starmen.net site -- I have reliable sources who have told me it's an front for the Nintendo company. They've discouraged plans by some EarthBound groups to break Nintendo's emailbox with pro-EB messages and to do vigils outside of Nintendo buildings.

I also have a reliable source who had an e-mail conversation with the site's webmaster, a guy named Reidman (More like Retardman amirite), and the guy said that there is no such thing as government conspiracies. Lmao - guess Watergate and Iran-Contra didn't happen right? LMAO. Someone needs to go back to school.

Reidman confessed to this source that most of the males in his family are Freemasons. Freemasonry is a powerful "club" of sorts whose members infest the top levels of the military, intelligence, political communities. He also confessed to him that he banned him because he was talking about government conspiracies, which aren't tolerated on their boards.

"Aren't tolerated"? Lmao. Can we say "bought and paid for", kids?

I also have a source who told me that one of the high-ranking mods at Starmen.net is a notorious Internet troll named Falcon20.

So my advice to you guys would be:

Check out EarthBound and pressure/demand that Nintendo give us Mother 3 and Earthbound 0.
Don't go to Gaymen.net-er.. Starmen.net, sorry *freudian slip*

Edited by DarkTruth, 31 August 2010 - 09:22 PM.

AuthorCook

AuthorCook
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
Wow. Can't an Earthbound thread just be about Earthbound?

Anyways, back on track:

I loved every minute of that game. A quirky, half-serious storyline; decent RPG gameplay; and one of the most flat-out disturbing final boss battles ever?

It's a win.

DarkTruth

DarkTruth
  • Banned
  • 56 posts
QUOTE (AuthorCook @ Aug 31 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyways, back on track:

I loved every minute of that game. A quirky, half-serious storyline; decent RPG gameplay; and one of the most flat-out disturbing final boss battles ever?

It's a win.

Yeah, it's got this really nice, what's-the-word, "feel" to it. As if it's, like, you're playing in the world as a young, cheery kid would see it. A heartwarming, light-hearted title worthy of a gaming emmy.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
QUOTE (AuthorCook @ Aug 31 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you seen his topic list? Troliin like crazy

DarkTruth

DarkTruth
  • Banned
  • 56 posts
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Sep 1 2010, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you seen his topic list? Troliin like crazy

WTF dude. Why does everyone say I'm "trolling" or a "troll"? That's like posting messages just to piss people off, right?

Lol Im not doing any of that. If your pissed off by my messages, then you ought to actually respond to them other than just constantly say I'm "trolling" or some shit. lol

AuthorCook

AuthorCook
  • Members
  • 40 posts
Enough is enough, let's talk Earthbound.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,087 posts
QUOTE (AuthorCook @ Sep 1 2010, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Enough is enough, let's talk Earthbound.

Yes.

It's awesome.

Patchy

Patchy
  • Members
  • 551 posts
  • Steam ID:Kilo November
One of the great tragedies of my gaming life... I have never played Earthbound.
I'm right behind you, Mr. Denton.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
I remember back in the old cube days I found out where Ness came from so I downloaded it but was too scared to keep going, it freaked me out, for some weird reason. I think it all started with how huge the inside of houses were, and idk just the whole feel of it.

Edited by Yozki, 02 September 2010 - 04:33 PM.

AuthorCook

AuthorCook
  • Members
  • 40 posts
Ha. Good thing you never got to the final boss, then.

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
  • Company:Gamma
this thread made me play it..

not really got into it yet though

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (Yozki @ Sep 2 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember back in the old cube days I found out where Ness came from so I downloaded it but was too scared to keep going, it freaked me out, for some weird reason. I think it all started with how huge the inside of houses were, and idk just the whole feel of it.

Long ago, I was freaked out by it too. I remember a part where the electricity in a house has been shut off or something, and theres banging on a door downstairs.. something like that.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Coconut

Coconut
  • GA Private
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Role playing, music (alternative, oldies, cheesy 80s, 90s), video games, anime, Disney, street hockey, exercising, webcomics, reading, creative writing, knowing useless facts, corny jokes, school (Yes, I'm a nerd).
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:2388
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Sep 25 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Long ago, I was freaked out by it too. I remember a part where the electricity in a house has been shut off or something, and theres banging on a door downstairs.. something like that.

Well, not exactly. At the very beginning of the game, you see a boy in his bed sleeping. Suddenly, a meteorite hits nearby and the whole house shakes, waking him. You then control him in the darkened house while he's in his pajamas and he goes downstairs to answer a knocking at the door. It's his best friend, Pokey. That's how it all begins.

I totally loved the opening of this game, and it remains to be one of my favourite games of all time. It's right up there with classics like Super Mario RPG and Ocarina of Time for me. I agree, the final fight was super screwy and will honestly disturb you. It's haunting. The first time I ever beat the game as a kid, I ran around the house screaming and told my mom. I was so excited and I was flipping out that I finally destroyed Giygas, who was in my mind, truly evil. A few years later, I rewatched the entire final boss battle on youtube and was still freaked out by it.

Giygas was the stuff of nightmares. There's that whole Giygas = fetus theory as well.

The full sound stone song always cheered me up, haha. icon_smile.gif
"Yeah, I gotta go, too... I gotta get ice cream..."
- Dawei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users