Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Everquest 2 Extended

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
Figured i'd post this, took me by surprise when I heard about it hehe.

"Released from deep within the dark and dangerous depths of Norrath, a new free adventure service emerges, EverQuest® II Extended! SOE has liberated portions of the critically acclaimed PC franchise, EverQuest II, including five plus years of impressive, award-winning content to online adventurers, free. EverQuest II Extended joins the highly successful EverQuest II live subscription service, and together, provide EQII players with a choice of either a subscription-based or free-to-play business model -- two distinct experiences operating in parallel, a first in the MMO industry! "
http://everquest2.co...ay/extended_faq

Now you can choose between DDO, LOTRO, and EQ2X for premium MMOs.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
I installed Asheron's Call last night hoping I could play my old ass character from long ago, but I guess I can't, or it's on a different account. Bummer. Ended up installing LOTRO and going to do EQ2 now (wonder if I can still play my EQ2 character).
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Aug 29 2010, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I installed Asheron's Call last night hoping I could play my old ass character from long ago, but I guess I can't, or it's on a different account. Bummer. Ended up installing LOTRO and going to do EQ2 now (wonder if I can still play my EQ2 character).

yea i may pop into lotro and eq2x at times, just for fun icon_smile.gif

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
Never played EQ2, so I'm going to give this a try

jam3z121

jam3z121
  • Members
  • 41 posts
enjoy it.

from a player who played eq2 for a long time (over 5 years) and always had a maxed out fully geared character it looks fun, but to many requirements in terms of things you must buy to be successful.

it will probably end up having a decently sized population though, and they are using the new server technology that only one or two servers out of the 10-15 they have so lag will almost be at a minimum.

Eq2 had some serious lag problems for a long time where you would press your hotkey/click the spell you wanted and it would not cast, due to the way the game interpreted macros and such people could spam a macro doing two commands and cause lag for people all around them.

not to mention even if you have a i7 @ 3ghz with the current top of the line video card you probably wont be able to raid with 24 people at max graphics at a reasonable resolution because of the games bad engine

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:frostfenix
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (jam3z121 @ Sep 15 2010, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but to many requirements in terms of things you must buy to be successful.

Yeah, pretty much dead right on that, especially if you went to play PvP servers. God I remember raging so hard because 6 level 10s killed my level 34 brigand. I was like, how in the hell is that even logical, but then I realized that my gear is worse than their epic master crafted gear + master spells/skills. Just eh, fun for a while but way to much effort to get good gear for.

Aiming for the top ~ working to be the best.

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
QUOTE (FrostFenix @ Sep 16 2010, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, pretty much dead right on that, especially if you went to play PvP servers. God I remember raging so hard because 6 level 10s killed my level 34 brigand. I was like, how in the hell is that even logical, but then I realized that my gear is worse than their epic master crafted gear + master spells/skills. Just eh, fun for a while but way to much effort to get good gear for.

and you're leaving out AA grinding for skills.. pvp in that game is pretty god damn time consuming

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
Holy shit this news is amazing!!

MangaChan

MangaChan
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I ran out of money to buy this game...

othera

othera
  • Members
  • 211 posts
EQ2 started to suck real hard after so many expansions and mythical weapons and so on.

was tempted to play again with this but it's too much of a grind ;_;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users