Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Situation Report. Patch 1.1

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
Hey here are some interesting changes to Z, T, P

Balance Changes

We have several balance changes in store. One general change we're making is that friendly units will no longer provide vision after being killed. Enemy units previously revealed will no longer be targetable. Now let's break down the additional balance changes we're implementing.

Maps

We're going to be adding destructible rocks to the Desert Oasis map to make natural expansions easier to protect. In addition, the center map watchtower area is being narrowed.

Protoss

We have two key changes in mind for the zealot: the build time is being increased from 33 to 38 seconds, and the warpgate cooldown is being increased from 23 to 28 seconds. Zealot rushes are currently too powerful at various skill levels, particularly those that rely on rapidly assaulting an enemy base from nearby "proxy" gateways. We feel the window players have to scout for and fend off this rush is too small. We also want to address the problem of protoss being able to dump minerals a bit too quickly with the combination of warpgates and Chrono Boost.

Terran

There are several changes in the works for terrans. Reapers against zerg are stronger than expected. Due to the zealot build time increase, reapers would be a bit problematic in combination with proxy barracks, bunkers, and/or marauders against protoss. Therefore, we have decided to increase the build time of reapers as well from 40 to 45 seconds. Fast reaper + bunker, or fast marine + bunker rushes are problematic against zerg. Although this rush would never outright destroy the zerg player, we feel zerg suffers too much of a disadvantage from either having to cancel the fast expansion, or getting trapped inside the main base for too long, so we are also increasing the bunker build time from 30 to 35 seconds.

Siege tanks in large numbers are performing too well in all matchups. In the mid- to late-game, siege tanks are too dominant against all ground units. We want a small set of light and unarmored ground units to perform better against siege tanks. With this in mind, we're changing the Siege Mode damage of the siege tank from 50 to 35, +15 vs. armored; to correspond with this, damage upgrades will be changed from +5 to +3, +2 vs. armored. This change reduces the base damage of the siege tank against light and unarmored units, as well as the splash damage.

Battlecruisers currently lack good counters from the ground and still perform very well against a wide array of unit types. We're aware that it is not easy to get battlecruisers out for the cost, but at the same time, it is possible in both 1v1s and team games to create stalemate situations to bring them out. Overall, we feel that battlecruisers are too strong for their cost, and the terran-forced stalemate situations are causing less interesting gameplay. We will be lowering their damage against ground units from 10 to 8.

Zerg

Ultralisk damage is being decreased from 15, +25 vs. armored to 15, +20 vs. armored. This reduction is comparable to the changes being made to the battlecruiser and siege tank. Like the battlecruiser, ultralisks are simply too powerful for the cost, even though they are difficult to muster. Also, in combination with other units, ultralisks are difficult to counter from the ground. The ultralisk building attack (Ram) is being removed because the damage rate is too similar to its normal attack, which will be used against buildings instead. When ultralisks target tightly packed smaller buildings such as supply depots, the Ram attack is actually outputting considerably less overall damage than its normal attack, as Ram only hits a single target.

source : http://us.battle.net.../en/blog/692221

what teamliquid is saying : http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=147880

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
Boring changes.
Too many changes.

I would have done something like
-Reaper build time increased by 5 secs
-Overlord speed upgrade now available for research at hatchery, does not require spawning pool
-Carrier build time reduced by 25%

You know. Something interesting that doesn't nerf the hell out of terran, and isn't boring.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Holy shit those changes are kind of big for a BLIZZARD, RELEASED game, it's kind of shocking to me. But the terran bioball is still unaffected =/ only now the protoss have less zealots to match it.

Oh well I wanna see how it does.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Eogris @ Aug 27 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have two key changes in mind for the zealot: the build time is being increased from 33 to 38 seconds, and the warpgate cooldown is being increased from 23 to 28 seconds. Zealot rushes are currently too powerful at various skill levels, particularly those that rely on rapidly assaulting an enemy base from nearby "proxy" gateways. We feel the window players have to scout for and fend off this rush is too small. We also want to address the problem of protoss being able to dump minerals a bit too quickly with the combination of warpgates and Chrono Boost.

Can't argue with that, even though 2-gate is my favorite opening. LOL

Actually, I'll still probably open with a 2gate after the patch, it'll just be more for defensive purposes instead of aggresive.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 27 August 2010 - 05:43 PM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
The only negative in this I see is early lings vs Protoss is going to be very strong.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Aug 27 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only negative in this I see is early lings vs Protoss is going to be very strong.

maybe they should add 5 seconds to pool. that would slow down the ling in early game but not really have any impact in later game.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Aug 27 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe they should add 5 seconds to pool. that would slow down the ling in early game but not really have any impact in later game.

this is an excellent idea

i have a hard enough time countering cheesy early pools as toss, without this zealot build time increase :/

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
Well. I'm gonna have to drastically change my TvT strategies for they will nerf the battlecruiser and siege tanks.

How dare they...

Edit: Wait, this is just a situation report. So nothing is final, right? Because I really don't want them to nerf the battlecruiser.

Why can't I quit you, battlecruiser?

Edited by TheBase, 28 August 2010 - 12:53 AM.

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
  • xfire:xsolideathx
  • Xbox / GFWL:xsolideathx
  • PSN:xsolideathx
  • Wii:8631256620113728
well im zerg so im pretty happy about this.

i am also concerned with early zvp rush though. doesnt seem fair but we'll see. id hate to make people micro their workers haha.

ultra buff seems cool. no ram so splash damage actually works. with almost the same amount of damage. sweet.
Whose the noob??

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
I personally love the changes, it will make TvT a whole lot more diverse still, it will make 5 rax reaper pretty much shit, gives zerg a lot more breathing room early on... going to give them some much needed early game options.

Battlecruiser nerf im ambivalent on, but the rest of the changes look good.

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
I think they nerfed terran way too much, if these go through.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
still worried about protoss vs 6 pools. maybe they could make the forge build a hair faster?

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
Sup, Protoss player here. I'll resume playing after patch 1.2.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Zell

Zell
  • Members
  • 294 posts
  • xfire:zellbooya
  • Interests:Contact me and let's have a game shall we?
  • Steam ID:Zell_Booya
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zellieth
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Aug 27 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. if I pylon at 9/10 and get a gate at 11/18 I still actually barely get 1 zealot out by the time zerg has 6 lings. Sometimes I even see the 6 lings coming and will 1 zealot 1 probe block which works well, but it's still annoying to have to use a probe. I think it should still be okay but it could get a little rough.

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
We're going to be adding destructible rocks to the Desert Oasis map to make natural expansions easier to protect. In addition, the center map watchtower area is being narrowed.

Cool I guess.
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
I don't know why they would have to narrow the range on the centre watchtower on Desert Oasis. I can't see how that would really help any of the matchups and I never saw it as a problem..

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
yeah i dont understand but w/e

and they say they added rocks to the natural, to make it more defended? im confused does that make both entrances blocked now?

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Bl!ndf!re @ Aug 28 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah i dont understand but w/e

and they say they added rocks to the natural, to make it more defended? im confused does that make both entrances blocked now?

There are no rocks on desert oasis.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
Yeah, I'd be interested to know where the rocks are, I'm assuming they're at the smaller natural choke, as the wider choke seems a bit too big for the rocks/debris.. unless they're using two sets.

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
  • xfire:xsolideathx
  • Xbox / GFWL:xsolideathx
  • PSN:xsolideathx
  • Wii:8631256620113728
QUOTE (j type @ Aug 28 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I'd be interested to know where the rocks are, I'm assuming they're at the smaller natural choke, as the wider choke seems a bit too big for the rocks/debris.. unless they're using two sets.

im only guessing but probably the small choke near the main. idk where else they could put it?

it will make for reallly long rush distance.

but i think it will make the game more interesting.
Whose the noob??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users