Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Does Starcraft Need Its Own Sub-board?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Starcraft (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we need a Starcraft Sub-Board?

1. Yes (34 votes [73.91%])

Percentage of vote: 73.91%

2. No (12 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
Hey everyone,

Just answer the poll and give some legit feedback please icon_smile.gif

I've also stickied a Starcraft 2 topic that was merged from a lot of the other starcraft 2 topics (all of the topic creators were messaged and given the option to decline the merge)

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,316 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
I'd say probably about 95% of the discussion in this section is going to be about starcraft 2 for a long time. If that means it needs its own sub-board then I would say yes. Although like I just said, most of the discussion is already about starcraft 2 anyway so it's not like you really need to look very hard to find the starcraft 2 discussion amongst other discussions, because there are no other discussions for the most part.

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (UDP @ Aug 7 2010, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd say probably about 95% of the discussion in this section is going to be about starcraft 2 for a long time. If that means it needs its own sub-board then I would say yes. Although like I just said, most of the discussion is already about starcraft 2 anyway so it's not like you really need to look very hard to find the starcraft 2 discussion amongst other discussions, because there are no other discussions for the most part.

What this guy said.

What other RTS is there really worth talking about?

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ Aug 7 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What this guy said.

What other RTS is there really worth talking about?

Umm....

. . . .

Brood War?
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
I asked Myren about a week ago and at the time he said if this forum gets flooded with threads it will be considered but it's too soon for it. But like I said that was almost a week ago.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
ive already brought it up with the mard and he liked the idea and will mention it to the admins.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
Sweet. I would like to see this implemented. icon_smile.gif

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Please don't. These forums are dead enough without dividing them up any further.

Edited by Master C, 07 August 2010 - 12:56 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
Yeah I say no. The RTS section was dead before sc2 beta so no need to kill it further. Leave it be.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Master C @ Aug 7 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please don't. These forums are dead enough without dividing them up any further.

if you look at the RPG boards, i would say that starcraft 2 is about the same as WoW. the RPG board doesn't really get many posts, but i definitely think that the rpg board is better off because of the split. no, the main RTS board wouldn't be too popular, but the people who wanted to talk about something other than starcraft, could.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Aug 7 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you look at the RPG boards, i would say that starcraft 2 is about the same as WoW. the RPG board doesn't really get many posts, but i definitely think that the rpg board is better off because of the split. no, the main RTS board wouldn't be too popular, but the people who wanted to talk about something other than starcraft, could.

Part of the reason, I thought, that WoW was split off from the rest of the board was to prevent a lot of the flaming that was going on. Thats not really an issue with SC2.

I dont see the harm in SC2 taking up 3 or 4 threads on the RTS section. If you make a whole sub-section for SC2 then you might just be giving people license to spam it with new threads for every replay/challenge/strat discussion, which is just annoying.

also the forums are a lot more quiet than the WoW split days.

Edited by Master C, 07 August 2010 - 02:42 PM.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
I like the idea, having abit more freedom to make a thread about a specific tactic/build order and to just talk about that would keep things very on topic, as stated though it could become abit of a spam fest but I doubt it. Theres not enough people here to go nuts and most of us have been here long enough to know stuff like that isnt really acceptable. We'll probable still get the ppl posting in this forum anyway with new threads so why might aswell do it in a sc2 related forum.

Edited by Cure, 07 August 2010 - 03:02 PM.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
It'll work for as long as SC2 is popular. Also if its really popular with members of this forum then I reckon it'll benefit. At least in the sense of a cleaner forum. I guess do we want a clean forum where people can easily access SC2 info/indivdual threads or one that looks popular. icon_razz.gif

I say yes

Edited by liquidicevi, 07 August 2010 - 07:35 PM.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
Weren't we not separating boards for a long while because of Segregation of the community?

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (Master C @ Aug 8 2010, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Aug 8 2010, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I say no. The RTS section was dead before sc2 beta so no need to kill it further. Leave it be.

QUOTE (Dirge @ Aug 8 2010, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Weren't we not separating boards for a long while because of Segregation of the community?

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
I'm for it with the first page current having a 17:13 ratio of starcraft to non-starcraft content, plus it'll avert the need for giant threads like the replay one when specific things can be answered in specific threads, I'm thinking it'd make the RTS section more active

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Master C @ Aug 7 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Part of the reason, I thought, that WoW was split off from the rest of the board was to prevent a lot of the flaming that was going on.

And I'd assume because of Cardinal Sin.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
When DoWII was released why didnt we get a new board? There were just as many threads.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
pretty much the only threads which are active in RTS is starcraft/starcraft2 threads... so there really isnt any point.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Myth @ Aug 8 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pretty much the only threads which are active in RTS is starcraft/starcraft2 threads... so there really isnt any point.

But will members/admin get annoyed when someone makes a thread that is similar to one already existing? Those kind of threads can be tolerated more when there's a section for it. Not to say that there will be people doing that but when something is big and popular it can be easier to get an answer by making a new thread then postings in one that's huge.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users