Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2: Wings Of Liberty Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
QUOTE (Scoty @ Aug 8 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also C&C4

...why

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (BlanetheTrain(assimilator) @ Aug 8 2010, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why wouldn't you want to experience multiplayer?

I don't have 6+ hours a day to dedicate myself to learning BO's and practicing them over and over again just so I can have a fighting chance against teenagers with no jobs.

There's other reasons as well, but that's the main one.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Aug 15 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have 6+ hours a day to dedicate myself to learning BO's and practicing them over and over again just so I can have a fighting chance against teenagers with no jobs.

pretty much why I haven't done much multiplayer.

One day, but I prefer to just play other games (I hate sticking with one game too long)

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Aug 15 2010, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so play bronze league then

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Aug 15 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol

Dude, an hour or so a day (a little practice, a little theory on youtube) and you could get good enough to fall somewhere in the middle.
Sure, you won't be exceptional without lots of practice, but it's not required to play some fun matches with people in Silver.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
Could this laptop possibly play SC2? If so, I may grab it to play at work during breaks, etc.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Aug 18 2010, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could this laptop possibly play SC2? If so, I may grab it to play at work during breaks, etc.

Will play the game on low no problem

The Other Kyle

The Other Kyle
  • Members
  • 419 posts
  • Steam ID:five_one
To whoever said SC2 is worth buying for the single player, I would agree if they weren't going to have 2 more expansions. You aren't even getting the entire story for $60, only 1/3. I'm not saying the SP sucks by any means, it is a decent length and has great gameplay, but if you look at how basically all computer games are less than 60 bucks, this game isn't worth it for single player alone.
"Suit up boys, that's right, it's the weekend."

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
QUOTE (The Other Kyle @ Aug 18 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To whoever said SC2 is worth buying for the single player, I would agree if they weren't going to have 2 more expansions. You aren't even getting the entire story for $60, only 1/3. I'm not saying the SP sucks by any means, it is a decent length and has great gameplay, but if you look at how basically all computer games are less than 60 bucks, this game isn't worth it for single player alone.

but couldnt the same be said for mass effect? Like they announced it as a trilogy from the beginning. So each game would only be 1/3 of the story. Its not like they made the game, and then split it up to be sold later. Same can be said for dragon age, and other games known to be a series from the start.

Edited by retrovirus, 19 August 2010 - 11:47 AM.

BohringAtoms

BohringAtoms
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:|xx Zac xx|
See that's the problem I have with some of you reviewers (some, not all)

Is that you say a game like WoL isn't worth the purchase or it isn't worth the purchase for SP alone, for the ONLY reason that is Blizzard releasing two more expansions. This is an ignorant and "glass-half-empty" approach that I completely disagree with, and it's a shame that people knock Blizzard for doing it.

WoL campaign was a COMPLETE campaign, rival to most story-line games out there, obviously games like Mass Effect 2 being the pinnacle.

My Point? Instead of looking at it as, "Oh blizzard ripped us off with only 1/3rd of a story"

Try to understand that, blizzard created 100% of a game AND story, and is just great enough, and well developed enough that they can still pump out two more expansions, without delaying releases on us for another twelve years trying to perfect all three story lines, and perfect all three balances, just to cram it all into one release date.

It's not like Bliz sat there creating this thing for 12 years, only to bust it up for extra profit. They were so busy and so budgeted towards making their previous releases like the world of diablo and warcraft, that they simply didnt have the workhorse power to simultaneously complete the ENTIRE starcraft 2 story.

Sorry for the rant, but SHIT people, stop knocking WoL cause u didnt get ur zerg and toss fix through plot continuation. You're expecting too much, too soon. I would even go as far as to assume that the quality of this game would be drastically lower had they tried to squeeze all three campaigns into one release. If Blizzard really wanted, they could have just said "This is starcraft 2" and not mentioned the expansions, then i bet 90% of the complainers would never whine in the first place.

-end

Edited by BohringAtoms, 29 August 2010 - 10:36 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Except for that the story was fucking bad and a cop out and aweful.

Edit because I didn't read it all before posting.

They haven't been making it for 12 years. They only started when they announced it. Chris Metzen and crew didn't want to touch the story with a 12 foot pole because they were afraid it wouldn't be as good as SC and BW.

Edited by Sir Kyle Aziz, 29 August 2010 - 11:45 PM.

BohringAtoms

BohringAtoms
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:|xx Zac xx|
QUOTE (BohringAtoms @ Aug 29 2010, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not like Bliz sat there creating this thing for 12 years,

QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Aug 30 2010, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They haven't been making it for 12 years. They only started when they announced it. Chris Metzen and crew didn't want to touch the story with a 12 foot pole because they were afraid it wouldn't be as good as SC and BW.

im confused, was this your edit?

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Bottom part was, yes.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
The review:

Why didn't you spell check it before publishing it? It would only take minutes to paste it into a spellchecker and find the many mistakes there are in there..

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users