Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cataclysm Beta

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 2 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They update the graphics every expansion, as well as the mechanics. It should never feel like you're playing an outdated game.

This, outdated? Try STILL best MMO on the market.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
You guys obviously haven't heard that Runescape is full screen now.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 2 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They update the graphics every expansion, as well as the mechanics. It should never feel like you're playing an outdated game.

They always say they are updating the graphics but it always looks the same to me. Suppose I just don't like the cartoonish look anymore and would rather have some realistic look and feel now.

Has wow reached 12M subscribers yet? I remember getting an email when they reached 11M a long ass time ago but I can't remember if I've seen one since then. Suppose they hit their peak and it's all of the addicts out there that have too much time invested to pick up something else. But I also don't hear of many new people joining the game, I guess that's why they are redoing areas.

I don't hate the game, I liked it a lot when I played, but nothing about it appeals to me at all anymore and I love wasting my time playing MMORPGs.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
QUOTE (Defiled @ Aug 3 2010, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys obviously haven't heard that Runescape is full screen now.

God damn it.
Lets get back on topic guys. Make a new thread if you want to debate.

Blanetrain

Blanetrain
  • GA Private
  • 1,163 posts
  • xfire:blanetrain
  • Interests:Whatever you want them to be.
  • Steam ID:blanethetrain
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:2367
  • Company:India
Here's the thing guys. I could care less what they do to the zones, if they can't make the game entertaining to play, then what's the point.

And fucking seriously, the Goblin starting zone was nothing more than a shitty minigame. I can't believe anyone can pass that off as "fun."

But again, I don't really play WoW, so I didn't appreciate the beta as much as others.

Would you like to look at some of my wares?

http://www.twitch.tv/blanetrain

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
QUOTE (BlanetheTrain(assimilator) @ Aug 3 2010, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's the thing guys. I could care less what they do to the zones, if they can't make the game entertaining to play, then what's the point.

And fucking seriously, the Goblin starting zone was nothing more than a shitty minigame. I can't believe anyone can pass that off as "fun."

But again, I don't really play WoW, so I didn't appreciate the beta as much as others.

u mad that people cant really be asked to do leveling, they just want the experience to be as quick and painless as possible so they get can to endgame stuff?

Edited by Plasmic Fury, 03 August 2010 - 11:13 AM.

Snormy

Snormy
  • Members
  • 229 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Aug 3 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u mad that people cant really be asked to do leveling, they just want the experience to be as quick and painless as possible so they get can to endgame stuff?

What is this "leveling" you speak of?

Blanetrain

Blanetrain
  • GA Private
  • 1,163 posts
I'm RAGIN BRAH. But not really.

I just think it's sad that they are having to, at this point, think of ways to make the main portions of their game fun. And in my opinion, a game is not supposed to be painful to play. So the fact that people are only wanting to get to the endgame material is proof that the rest isn't that fun. And yes I have played endgame WoW, and it is entertaining. I don't think it's fair to say that they don't have to make the rest of the experience entertaining. I can see where people get excited over new zones, but if these zones have the same rehashed quests, what makes them fun to play in?

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (BlanetheTrain(assimilator) @ Aug 3 2010, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just think it's sad that they are having to, at this point, think of ways to make the main portions of their game fun. And in my opinion, a game is not supposed to be painful to play. So the fact that people are only wanting to get to the endgame material is proof that the rest isn't that fun. And yes I have played endgame WoW, and it is entertaining. I don't think it's fair to say that they don't have to make the rest of the experience entertaining. I can see where people get excited over new zones, but if these zones have the same rehashed quests, what makes them fun to play in?

Welll mister big fucking innovator. You start writing up a plan on how to change MMO's leveling up systems so they're not boring or rehashed.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Aug 3 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welll mister big fucking innovator. You start writing up a plan on how to change MMO's leveling up systems so they're not boring or rehashed.

MMO's were hardcore grinds back in the day. If you ever found them boring, then that genre is not for you.

Cataclym won't be based around AoE pulls and 20 minute heroics. Many Wrath players will be crying about how everything will be all about CCing mobs and even more will cry about being MC'd. I personally cant wait to see all the good players having better gear than the shitty ones. If you suck at WoW (of all games) and think you can get into ToC and wipe raids and say its not your fault, your gear is good, then well....Im just venting.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
QUOTE (Dirge @ Aug 3 2010, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MMO's were hardcore grinds back in the day. If you ever found them boring, then that genre is not for you.

Cataclym won't be based around AoE pulls and 20 minute heroics. Many Wrath players will be crying about how everything will be all about CCing mobs and even more will cry about being MC'd. I personally cant wait to see all the good players having better gear than the shitty ones. If you suck at WoW (of all games) and think you can get into ToC and wipe raids and say its not your fault, your gear is good, then well....Im just venting.

TOTC rages me so hard...

The alt healer never does ANYTHING. And then we fail on Northrend beasts after it takes 1 hour to get the group ready. I RAGE HARD

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Aug 3 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TOTC rages me so hard...

The alt healer never does ANYTHING. And then we fail on Northrend beasts after it takes 1 hour to get the group ready. I RAGE HARD

You mean ToGC right?

TotC Trial of the Champion
ToGC = Trial of the grand crusader.

5 minute pug on my server but theres a lot of baddies like warriors/DK's that focus on nailing Jaraxxus instead of killing the mobs. Remember: Its always a DPS race and mechanics only get in the way of that.

My role is damage, and thats all I will do.

Black Rock Caverns

Throne of Tides

Can't wait for the crying actually.

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • xfire:ejwerf
  • Interests:Making music, gaming, sports.
QUOTE (BlanetheTrain(assimilator) @ Aug 3 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er, whats wrong with making things more fun?
The goal IS to reach the endgame, thats a given. They're just refreshening the path and adding some more razzmatazz to it.

Edited by Edgeworth, 04 August 2010 - 08:12 AM.

[Objection!]

Blanetrain

Blanetrain
  • GA Private
  • 1,163 posts
QUOTE (Edgeworth @ Aug 4 2010, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Er, whats wrong with making things more fun?
The goal IS to reach the endgame, thats a given. They're just refreshening the path and adding some more razzmatazz to it.

That's where I don't think they are doing their job. IN MY OPINION. Obviously, you guys all really enjoy the new expansion material, I was just not impressed.

I WILL SAY THIS: PvP titles returning is pretty cool. Anything emphasizing PvP is awesome.

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
QUOTE (BlanetheTrain(assimilator) @ Aug 4 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WILL SAY THIS: PvP titles returning is pretty cool. Anything emphasizing PvP is awesome.

I am super pumped about this. I also like what they are doing with BGs.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
QUOTE (BlanetheTrain(assimilator) @ Aug 5 2010, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's where I don't think they are doing their job. IN MY OPINION. Obviously, you guys all really enjoy the new expansion material, I was just not impressed.

inb4 HURR DURRR OMG PVP TITLES COMING BACK OH GN0S

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (Ineffable @ Aug 4 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
inb4 HURR DURRR OMG PVP TITLES COMING BACK OH GN0S

Its just something that goes in front of your name, so when you are in a BG or something, you know THAT MAN IS A MUTHERFUCKER. STAY THE FUCK AWAY.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (BlanetheTrain(assimilator) @ Aug 5 2010, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really feel like PvP is basically shunned in Wotlk, but their redesign of PvP in general for cata has me interested.. going to play it part time while I destroy australians in sc2.

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • xfire:ejwerf
  • Interests:Making music, gaming, sports.
QUOTE (BlanetheTrain(assimilator) @ Aug 4 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree. Unless its new PvP titles, the vanilla ones should stay unique. Seeing someone with "High Warlord" is like, woah.
[Objection!]

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Edgeworth @ Aug 5 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree. Unless its new PvP titles, the vanilla ones should stay unique. Seeing someone with "High Warlord" is like, woah.

High Warlord is the vanilla equivalent of Loremaster. Takes no skill or talent, only a very long time.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users