Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homemade Gaming Chair

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

NynjaTurdle

NynjaTurdle
  • Members
  • 19 posts
Heeeeeeeeeeeeee....ey

The chair I have at the moment I've had since I was 10. Its a good little chair, with little being the oprative word. A week ago I came to realise that soon to be 6 years later, I have become way too big for the chair (big as in broad bulk torso. not fatass big) and I cannot get much back support with the back of the chair fitting inside my chicken wings. Because of this, I came to the conclusion that I need a bigger chair that had a larger back support that ultimately came to my neck/head. However they cost about $360 -.-" _,l,, Being the cheapass I am, I thought it would be tto hard to get a large piece of wood to replace the small back of the chair, and cover it with foam/pillows and fabric. Then I thought of other additions I could add to it such as arm rests.

Then I had a lightbulb imaginarily light up above my head and I thought of things to add to it such as speakers at the head rest, joystick on the arm rest, cup holder, iPod dock and even a large piece of wood that is attached to the left arm rest that can swivel out accross my waist so I can place a keyboard or steering wheel there.

I spend alot of time in front of my computer. If my life was percentaged, 50% would be infront of computer, 18% school, 30% rugby, 2% work. I need something comfortable for that percentage

Btw sorry this is long but anyway here is my question; Has anyone else made a gaming chair or modded their chair for better comfort etc? can anyone suggest ways to add a longer ack support to my chair or add arm rests? I can figure out a way but if you have done this it would be appreciated if I had a heads up or suggestions on diong so. This is one of my few projects over the schoo holidays so I cant wait=]

Sorry this is really long, Ill make sure to just get to point and forget the history for other posts Ill mke. Thanks for reading and take care

Palt_Teh_Destroyer

Palt_Teh_Destroyer
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Video Games(LOL)<br />Music<br />COD:WAW
QUOTE (NynjaTurdle @ Jul 4 2010, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then I had a lightbulb imaginarily light up above my head and I thought of things to add to it such as speakers at the head rest, joystick on the arm rest, cup holder, iPod dock and even a large piece of wood that is attached to the left arm rest that can swivel out accross my waist so I can place a keyboard or steering wheel there.

Lol, jesus. Just shove a damn microwave on that thing, you would be set. The most "modding" I have done to a chair is replace the fabric covering the foam/squishy stuff. In this situation, I think it would be cheaper and easier to just buy a chair man.(Unless you would like crafting what sounds like the "Throne of God")

Either way, good luck.

Stop posting publicly. I can answer your questions.
I have proof.

I hope that if I found the strength to walk out you would stay the hell out of my way.

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410
Might as well just make it a swivel La-z-boy and call it a day, if you're going to go all-out like that.

Still, it'd be a pretty sweet chair if you have the time/desire to put it together.

As to constructing a chair from scratch, it's all about the framework. After you have that done, the only thing you have to do is decide what the best balance of foam/padding for you, and the various bits of stuff you intend to put into it.

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

NynjaTurdle

NynjaTurdle
  • Members
  • 19 posts
My idea was to replace the back with a larger back support the attach the arm rests to the bottom of the chair. It at least doesn't seem hard as long as it's kept simple. I have school holidays so 2 weeks of not doing much

Oh and thanks for the microwave suggestion. It'll save leaving to the kitchen for pizza

Edited by NynjaTurdle, 05 July 2010 - 08:29 AM.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (NynjaTurdle @ Jul 5 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and thanks for the microwave suggestion. It'll save leaving to the kitchen for pizza

Pizza in the microwave? No way dude... No way..

Palt_Teh_Destroyer

Palt_Teh_Destroyer
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Video Games(LOL)<br />Music<br />COD:WAW
QUOTE (j type @ Jul 5 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All about Red Baron oven pizza pp_smiley7.gif

Stop posting publicly. I can answer your questions.
I have proof.

I hope that if I found the strength to walk out you would stay the hell out of my way.

NynjaTurdle

NynjaTurdle
  • Members
  • 19 posts
QUOTE (j type @ Jul 6 2010, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To rewarm it. I end up leaving it in the oven to keep it warm only have to reheat it by the time im ready for another round.
And I dont buy commercial (pizza hut etc), I buy cheap ass pizza. On the box it gives intructions for microwave cooking icon_biggrin.gif

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (NynjaTurdle @ Jul 6 2010, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To rewarm it. I end up leaving it in the oven to keep it warm only have to reheat it by the time im ready for another round.
And I dont buy commercial (pizza hut etc), I buy cheap ass pizza. On the box it gives intructions for microwave cooking icon_biggrin.gif

Man I don't know how you can eat that stuff; it has hardly any flavour!

Anyway, this chair idea is awesome, so best of luck.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
My brother has one of these:

Epicly comfortable.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
  • xfire:b1ohaz4rd
  • Interests:Music, Bass, Gaming, Girls, Audio Engineering.
  • Steam ID:2xdead
QUOTE (TWINTURBOSkyline @ Jul 9 2010, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My brother has one of these:

Epicly comfortable.

Of course you would say that, it has relations to GT-R's haha.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio | R.I.P Paul Gray

Subtracting

Subtracting
  • Members
  • 110 posts
  • Steam ID:kraisepwnsu
pft stock twin turbo supra 1997 model would smoke any skyline
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz @ 2.5Ghz
3584MB DDR
EVGA 9800GT 1024MB
Thermaltake 430 Watt
Zalman CNPS9500A 92mm Full Copper