Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best Sci Fi Movies Of The Decade

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
The Host was badass, i'd watch it again

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
QUOTE (om_pulse @ Jul 5 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow you guys don't watch many sci-fi movies do you

Go back to trolling the music section, no need to come here an insult everyone.

(Yes, implying that we don't watch many sci-fi movies based on the fact that your taste for sci-fi is different from us is insulting, who's to say that we didn't watch those movies but simply didn't like them as much?)

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
Ok Yozki calm down abit dude. I can see why you had a go at him for that post but he is not a troll, he did contribute to this he just did it abit too arrogant. He's right aswell about how there aren't many great sci fi movies this decade, luckily for me I'm not a big sci fi fan icon_biggrin.gif

God damn Yozki I just noticed you haven't even posted anything related to this thread, you just called him a troll. By definition of troll YOU are the troll here, so please either post something contributive to this thread or don't post.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
I don't get the love for children of men. It's a cool premise, but imo it got too stuck up trying to be gratuitously violent, which hurt the movie imo.

and poo for galaxy quest being in 99 icon_sad.gif

My list in no particular order and skipping most already mentioned stuff.

Serenity, the sixth day, Titan AE, Pitch Black, Space Cowboys, Equilibrium, Minority report, Paycheck, I robit, The Island, A Scanner Darkly, Sunshine, Gamer, Pandorum, and push

still need to see 9
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

richmeister

richmeister
  • Members
  • 1,476 posts
  • xfire:richmeister6666
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jul 6 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get the love for children of men. It's a cool premise, but imo it got too stuck up trying to be gratuitously violent, which hurt the movie imo.

Exactly how i feel. It's just a rip off of Orwell's world tbh

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
  • Company:Gamma
the main reason I like children of men is just the overall mood and look of the film because the plot isn't exactly groundbreaking

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (j-tak @ Jul 6 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the main reason I like children of men is just the overall mood and look of the film because the plot isn't exactly groundbreaking

This is exactly the opposite of how I feel. I thought the plot had potential and it was killed by the mood and look of the film.
Give me LoL Referals.

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
I thought everything about Children of Men was good... except the plot. The cinematography and acting were top-knotch but those aspects of a film really serve to assist the plot, not to take the place of a good plot.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
QUOTE (om_pulse @ Jul 5 2010, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was making this thread I saw Sunshine mentioned in another list. The trailer really put me off. It looked like it turns into a suicide mission and everyone dies by getting boiled. But with you mentioning it along with others I may have to see it.

And I don't think I would consider Battle Royale a sci-fi movie. It was set in the future but it's just a bunch of kids killing other kids. I did enjoy the movie and I've herd the book is also awesome.

QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jul 6 2010, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Titan AE

I completely forgot that came out this decade! I thought it was a pretty cool movie. It just seemed like the writers got stuck in between making a cartoon for kids and making one for adults. I feel like if it went either way it could have been so much better, I still enjoyed though.

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
QUOTE (om_pulse @ Jul 6 2010, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seriously? That film was far too stupid to be taken even remotely seriously.

Edited by Rob`, 06 July 2010 - 10:58 PM.

Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (PTrain @ Jul 6 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was making this thread I saw Sunshine mentioned in another list. The trailer really put me off. It looked like it turns into a suicide mission and everyone dies by getting boiled. But with you mentioning it along with others I may have to see it.

it's not that bad. It's a cool concept. Not the best thing in the world, but it has some cool stuff in it.

I completely forgot that came out this decade! I thought it was a pretty cool movie. It just seemed like the writers got stuck in between making a cartoon for kids and making one for adults. I feel like if it went either way it could have been so much better, I still enjoyed though.

I can see that. When I watch sci fi I usually get caught up in the world that's created rather than the execution so much. Execution makes a big impact, but I can ignore a lot of it if I really really like the background as is the case for Titan AE.
Give me LoL Referals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users