Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ea Sports Fifa Online

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
Just got an email from EA about this, looks pretty awesome, downloading it right now, its just under 1 GB.

Basically what this is, is Fifa, but online, for free, and you pick your favourite team and then play in leagues etc, at least that's what the trailer said lol.

http://fifa-online.e...m/web/beta/home

Certainly looks interesting, and if any of you want to have a match, then bring it on icon_smile.gif

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
  • xfire:danielhall1993
  • Steam ID:pwnoob
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pwnoob93
  • PSN:vodka-n-chicken
  • Gamer Army ID:4712
Nice. I heard about this a while back. Signing up now icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Turns out i already have an account by my old gamer name 'RetroZz'. WTF!?

...going to make a new one.

EDIT 2: Also turns out that someone has already taken Pwnoob and PPGA Pwnoob! pp_smiley14.gif pp_smiley13.gif

Edited by Pwnoob, 22 June 2010 - 06:53 AM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
You can login with the email address you signed up to EA with, as long as you have an EA account you can login using that.

Just played the world cup and won, it is awesome, does get a bit harder, ended up playing Brazil in the final icon_razz.gif

And league matches are cool, Co op is pretty good as well, I tried to do a multiplayer match actually against someone but they had very high ping so it was incredibly laggy, but im sure there will be a few people everyone can play with.

If you wanna play a game with me just add me in game, Alexc26.

icon_smile.gif

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Jun 22 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can login with the email address you signed up to EA with, as long as you have an EA account you can login using that.

Just played the world cup and won, it is awesome, does get a bit harder, ended up playing Brazil in the final icon_razz.gif

And league matches are cool, Co op is pretty good as well, I tried to do a multiplayer match actually against someone but they had very high ping so it was incredibly laggy, but im sure there will be a few people everyone can play with.

If you wanna play a game with me just add me in game, Alexc26.

icon_smile.gif

awesome. and ok m8. I'm going to have a little test on it first and i'll add you later icon_biggrin.gif

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
Yea I played this a bit during closed beta. It is really fun and I think they've done a good job with the controls too (although, I haven't played a fifa game on PC since, well, ever. So I don't know if this has been implemented before).

I only ever managed to play single player, as multiplayer was too buggy and I could never connect with anyone else, but now that it's slightly more updated, I'll definitely jump back on this again.

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
Been playing it. I won the world cup. My biggest win was 4-0 against USA. 3-0 at half time. I was kind of pissed off about England vs Slovenia though. I was winning 1-0 and i lost my internet connection. So i re-launched the game and it said i lost icon_surprised.gif!!!!!!!!!! Because of this, i came 2nd in the group stage and played Germany, who i won 3-0.

I noticed an error with the game though, i was winning 2-0 at half time, and when the 2nd half was about to kick off it said Germany were in the lead, lol. haha nvm icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway... my hardest game was probably against Nigeria in the quater-finals, which i won 3-2. I had most of my top players on the subs bench due to lack of energy icon_razz.gif

Anyway... in the final, i won Argentina 2-1. Gareth Barry scored the first goal in the opening half. Argentina scored in injury time at the end of the game.... i think it was Messi icon_wink.gif

It's a good game. I love the simplicity of the controls..so it means even noobs can play. Not bad anyway for a free game. Good stuff icon_razz.gif

Edited by Pwnoob, 22 June 2010 - 01:30 PM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ Jun 22 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been playing it. I won the world cup. My biggest win was 4-0 against USA. 3-0 at half time. I was kind of pissed off about England vs Slovenia though. I was winning 1-0 and i lost my internet connection. So i re-launched the game and it said i lost icon_surprised.gif!!!!!!!!!! Because of this, i came 2nd in the group stage and played Germany, who i won 3-0.

I noticed an error with the game though, i was winning 2-0 at half time, and when the 2nd half was about to kick off it said Germany were in the lead, lol. haha nvm icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway... my hardest game was probably against Nigeria in the quater-finals, which i won 3-2. I had most of my top players on the subs bench due to lack of energy icon_razz.gif

Anyway... in the final, i won Argentina 2-1. Gareth Barry scored the first goal in the opening half. Argentina scored in injury time at the end of the game.... i think it was Messi icon_wink.gif

It's a good game. I love the simplicity of the controls..so it means even noobs can play. Not bad anyway for a free game. Good stuff icon_razz.gif

Yeah, the controls are pretty good, and what is nice is that just with the same controls you can still be better, so making sure the speed is right at times and doing tricks and stuff with it, it is awesome, now hurry up and add me, maybe we can do some Co op or something icon_razz.gif

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
...now i'm starting to get fed up of this game...

#1.

I went to do another world cup tournament but i accidentally chose South Korea. So i went to see if there was a way of canceling and changing teams. But instead, it forfeited all my matches and gave me 3-0 loses for each!!!!!!!!! So now, my career stats are completely fucked up and i no longer have any tokens left to play in the tournament. I mean come on...TOKENS!? WTF!?!?

#2.

To make things worse, i was playing in my career as Liverpool and once again my dumb-ass connection cut itself off, so i went back on and it put my down as another loss. ARGHHHH!!!

#3.

This energy thing is proving to be a real problem. Every single one of my players are tired. And it's taking them 50 fucking matches to wait for them to heal-up. So it means i'm having to play b-squad players with half health into matches.

#4.

Once again i keep coming across total fuck-ups with the commentary

#5.

Instead of putting you down as a forfeit, it should just allow you to go back and play the match. Because obviously if a game hasn't been finished then surely it hasn't been saved!?

...ANYWAY...i've added you now. Off to play some LOTR:BFME.

Edited by Pwnoob, 23 June 2010 - 08:09 AM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
Ermm, you know you can buy the energy back with the coins you get from the matches ? Thats what they are for lol.

And you get 20 tokens each day, its only for the world cup as well I think so, you can still go against people online etc without them.

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Jun 23 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ermm, you know you can buy the energy back with the coins you get from the matches ? Thats what they are for lol.

And you get 20 tokens each day, its only for the world cup as well I think so, you can still go against people online etc without them.

ah ok. I didn't know that about the 20-a-day. And yeah, i just realized that's what they are for. But it's annoying having to do that basically after every single game, lol.

The match forfeit situation is still a huge problem though icon_confused.gif

EDIT: Ok... i'm definitely not playing this game for a while. First impressions were good. But damn...this game is not that good.

Edited by Pwnoob, 23 June 2010 - 01:06 PM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
This game is awesome, what's not to like about ?

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
Caldazar101 wrote:
Why do we have to suffer a forfit loss if our game closes out, for example i was playing a game yesterday and winning 4-0 game crashed and i have a 3-0 loss, wouldnt this be better if, when you crashed out it let you replay the match under same settings?

EA_Samrat wrote:
The reason the rule is there is to punish quitters - you quit, you lose.

HOWEVER, if you crash out, or if the servers reset and the game quits, this currently results in a loss too, which, I admit is not a good experience. Your point is well taken, and we are working to resolve it.

There many ways a game can crash/quit; each and every kind of crash is different. This is why it will take some time for us to fix this issue, but your point is well taken and we will make sure we make it a better experience if you suddenly crash out.

Edited by Alexc26, 23 June 2010 - 05:34 PM.

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
It's the simplest of things that make this game bad.

For example, i managed to beat Manchester United 4-1 which caused me to level up. After the level up, the difficulty of the game increased and i managed to somehow find myself down 2-0 against Reading after 15 minutes.

I MEAN SERIOUSLY WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Going to see if i can have my account permanently deleted.

Edited by Pwnoob, 24 June 2010 - 07:15 AM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
Yeah, the better you get at the game, the harder all the teams get, if you start losing it then lowers the difficult etc etc, if you keep losing then, well, it means you suck icon_razz.gif

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
what's the difference between this and say plaing fifa 10 online?

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
played this forawhile. Not really that good to play. fifa 10 is much better.

also hate how at the start, u lose some top players in your team due to the crappy contract thing. Really badly implemented. I want to play that team because of the players.. where's the fun when you have to play with unknowns from the reserves...

Edited by Riddle, 24 June 2010 - 12:44 PM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
QUOTE (Riddle @ Jun 24 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
played this forawhile. Not really that good to play. fifa 10 is much better.

also hate how at the start, u lose some top players in your team due to the crappy contract thing. Really badly implemented. I want to play that team because of the players.. where's the fun when you have to play with unknowns from the reserves...

How long did you play it for then, an hour ?

And there is nothing wrong with the contract stuff.

Edited by Alexc26, 24 June 2010 - 12:45 PM.

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
The contract thing is kk. If they finally get xfire support i might consider playing it again.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ Jun 24 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The contract thing is kk. If they finally get xfire support i might consider playing it again.

Yea, I was surprised that it doesn't have xfire support, but I think it could be where it (I think) Just got out of closed beta and into open beta, so im sure xfire support will be there soon.

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • xfire:ejwerf
  • Interests:Making music, gaming, sports.
Tried it out. Gameplay was shit, felt like I was playing a several year-old game.
[Objection!]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users