Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nhl Offseason

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
So I just got word that Halak is coming to St. Louis and Casey Price is the last man standing for the Habs. Which also means Chris Mason is heading somewhere else.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl,249277

I will say that I was really looking forward to watching Lars Eller play next year. We need some goal scorers on this shit team. Meh, got my season tickets already purchased anyway. I'll also say that with Halak behind the net the Blues probably wouldn't have given up 8 or so goals in the last minute of the game to force overtime or lose and would have made the playoffs.

Thoughts?

Here's the top 50 Unrestricted: http://sports.yahoo....-freeagents0616
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
if St Louis can pick up St Louis then I can see them being a playoff contender next season.

The off season for me so far though is all about Taylor vs Tyler, just over a week to go to see what comes of it

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
What a horrible trade.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (eedok @ Jun 17 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if St Louis can pick up St Louis then I can see them being a playoff contender next season.

Wait what? At first I thought you were talking about Martin St. Louis which I've been wanting for a long time now, but is he even on the market?

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Jun 17 2010, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a horrible trade.

Yes, but not in my eyes icon_biggrin.gif Was a good b-day present for me. But I'm hoping it will attract a goal scorer now.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jun 17 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait what? At first I thought you were talking about Martin St. Louis which I've been wanting for a long time now, but is he even on the market?

There are rumors of him wanting out of Tampa: http://www.tampabay....a-trade/1087242

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (eedok @ Jun 17 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are rumors of him wanting out of Tampa: http://www.tampabay....a-trade/1087242

Thanks for that. If we don't have a chance for Marleau or Kovalchuk I would love to see us take St. Louis. In fact I'll drop my Boyes jersey in a heartbeat for that lol

Last years season ticket holder Q&A with John Davidson was so fucking disappointing. We want Brewer gone. Keith Tkachuk was the leader of the team and Davidson still stuck with Brewer, despite how much we want him gone. Someone needs to fill the leadership role that Tkachuk gave the team.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Nobody should want Kovalchuk he's a massive underachiever.

I have no idea what that Halak trade was about, that is an aweful trade. Price isn't ready, he's got too much of an ego still and unless something drastic has changed Montreal will not be making the playoffs this year.

I suppose grats to St. Louis for the steal however.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
I'm really interested in seeing where Kovalchuk will end up. He won't get the "Ovechkin type money" that he thinks he deserves, but if he does get it I'll lose all hope in humanity. He's never had a 100 point season in his entire career, and shit the bed in New Jersey.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
Good on Chicago to sell Byfuglien while his stock was high, though I don't understand them moving Fraser to Edmonton for a 6th round pick but I can't complain about that deal

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
DRAFT DAY!

I predict Hall will go to Edmonton. Kaberle might be traded to Columbus for their 1st Round, 4th overall pick.

monsoonlol.png

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
I'm not sure on Hall, I think Seguin complements Penner/Hemsky a lot better and will probably do better for Paajarvi and Eberle in the future. I hope we get some middle of the roster players in the near future though as it's looking pretty bare, and we need defensemen bad, hopefully this'll be cleared up during free agency

EDIT: Looks like Hall it is, wonder what's going to happen in the Center department

Edited by eedok, 25 June 2010 - 07:31 PM.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
QUOTE (eedok @ Jun 25 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure on Hall, I think Seguin complements Penner/Hemsky a lot better and will probably do better for Paajarvi and Eberle in the future. I hope we get some middle of the roster players in the near future though as it's looking pretty bare, and we need defensemen bad, hopefully this'll be cleared up during free agency

EDIT: Looks like Hall it is, wonder what's going to happen in the Center department

Free Agency is coming up. They still have a lot of time to fill in that hole, and imo Hall is just an all around better choice and player than Seguin. Don't get me wrong though, Boston struck gold and diamond encrusted oil by giving up the streaking and overpriced Kessel for Seguin.

monsoonlol.png

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
Yea not only that but they get Toronto's first pick in the next draft as well, so Boston could very well become a stacked team pretty quickly

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
Ottawa picks up Sergei Gonchar for 3 years.

Calgary sign Alex Tanguay for a second go-around for 1 year.

I'm a huge Tanguay fan.

Edited by Original Sin, 01 July 2010 - 01:16 PM.

monsoonlol.png

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
Double post!

What are your thoughts on some of the proposed minor tweaks the PA is considering implementing in the coming years?

- Hybrid Icing (referee's discretion if it's an obvious icing; letting it go if it's close)
- Clear plastic instead of mesh netting in the top of the net for easier over-head camera view
- No line change for the team that goes offside
- etc.

monsoonlol.png

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Don't like any of those.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Aug 29 2010, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- Clear plastic instead of mesh netting in the top of the net for easier over-head camera view

Would this change the game at all really? How often does the top of the net dictate a play?
- No line change for the team that goes offside

This makes sense, if it's your fuck up that causes play to stop you shouldn't benefit from it.
- Hybrid Icing (referee's discretion if it's an obvious icing; letting it go if it's close)

Any more details on this? Sounds interesting but need more details to see if it'll be a good change or not

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (eedok @ Aug 30 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This makes sense, if it's your fuck up that causes play to stop you shouldn't benefit from it.

How does it make sense? It doesn't. It's not like the icing rule, if your team goes offside it's not like they're doing it on purpose to get a whistle. I mean, the team who gets whistled off side, has the puck, at the far end of the ice. The only reason why they implemented the icing rule was because teams would ice the puck because they were tired and be able to switch out the tired players. If you want a line change while moving to the opposite end you have one person dump the puck in and your line changes while one guy forchecks for a second and then he comes off.

So if you shoot the puck at the goalie and he covers up, should you not be a line change too? I mean it's your fuck up that you didn't score right?

Edited by Sir Kyle Aziz, 30 August 2010 - 02:50 PM.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Aug 30 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does it make sense? It doesn't. It's not like the icing rule, if your team goes offside it's not like they're doing it on purpose to get a whistle. I mean, the team who gets whistled off side, has the puck, at the far end of the ice. The only reason why they implemented the icing rule was because teams would ice the puck because they were tired and be able to switch out the tired players. If you want a line change while moving to the opposite end you have one person dump the puck in and your line changes while one guy forchecks for a second and then he comes off.

So if you shoot the puck at the goalie and he covers up, should you not be a line change too? I mean it's your fuck up that you didn't score right?

The rules should be consistent, if you cause a stoppage in play you shouldn't be allowed a line change

In the case of a goalie cover up, the team of the goalie shouldn't be allowed a line change

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (eedok @ Aug 30 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rules should be consistent, if you cause a stoppage in play you shouldn't be allowed a line change

In the case of a goalie cover up, the team of the goalie shouldn't be allowed a line change

Oh my god... That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Did you even read why they had the no line change on icing rule?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users