Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy Xiv

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Spowis @ Sep 23 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well hey, the more first-hand experiences that there are of the game, the more that the people will know about what works a-ok and what is broken to hell. Does the game seem to disconnect much, from what you'd played of it? The Beta pretty much died almost hourly on me...

Didn't d/c or have any lag at all in the few hours I played. Though I really hate how other players don't show up on the screen until you're right on top of them. I guess there is collision detection? Everytime I ran through a player it would pause/lag a split second before continuing my run.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
What resolution are you running at and what are your system specs like? Does it seem to run okay? I keep going back to that benchmark and trying to tweak the crap out of my graphics and cpu.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:frostfenix
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
I was running this game okay during beta, not too many crashes, except for a few here and there. And about the colision thing, it depends on the server your playing on and the specs of your computer. I remember trying to find some people or npc's and it took a while to load due to my settings but after I pretty much turned off everything and set resolutions to what I wanted, the time between loads shortened to server lag amounts.
I already know this game is going to be very difficult and it requires a lot of people or patience to get things done, so I'm not upset about starting out with practically nothing. Quests npc's usually give you a hint to where to go or if you "Read" the log instead of skipping everything, they usually say, go there or if you get interrupted by some other npc, that means, talk to the guy again. Theres also several guides of fan forums if you look through guide sections if you need help with those quests.

Aiming for the top ~ working to be the best.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (Spowis @ Sep 23 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What resolution are you running at and what are your system specs like? Does it seem to run okay? I keep going back to that benchmark and trying to tweak the crap out of my graphics and cpu.

1920x1080

Windows 7
i920 @3.6GHz
6GB RAM
DX11
HD5870 1GB

My 3D mark score is 18583.

I'm pretty sure you or someone asked me that when I couldn't run the FFXIV benchmark and tried to blame my PC icon_wink.gif

QUOTE (FrostFenix @ Sep 23 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quests npc's usually give you a hint to where to go or if you "Read" the log instead of skipping everything, they usually say, go there or if you get interrupted by some other npc, that means, talk to the guy again. Theres also several guides of fan forums if you look through guide sections if you need help with those quests.

I know that/ I just don't know how to find a NPC that has any new quests. I played for 2-3 hours and only have 1 quest (the quest I started the game with).

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
anyone have a buddy key?

would appreciate it

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
Thought I'd give the benchmark another go after upgrading from by GTS 250 1GB to my GTX 460 768MB. After some tweaking around with the Core speeds and voltages with MSI Afterburner, I came up with this:

High Test: http://img98.imagesh...8/798/1080p.jpg
Low Test: http://img229.images...9/769/720pi.jpg

I do believe that I could push the card even further with more tweaking and experimenting with the 260.63 nvidia beta patch, but it really is a no brainer. For under 150 you'll want to pick up something like this to enjoy the game to its potential, or a 5850 and above. Got my FPS and RTS titles sorted out, guess this will be my 'MMO' next month... icon_razz.gif

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
  • xfire:theshitninja
  • Steam ID:The_S_Ninja
  • Xbox / GFWL:The S Ninja
  • Gamer Army ID:4668

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
SO like whos playing on Lindblum server?

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
Anyone from the EU still playing this? Seen it going for sale on Play.com for 17.99, pretty much half the price it was going just over a month ago at release. Whether that's a good sign or not, I'm not sure, but still! Anyone playing?

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
QUOTE (Spowis @ Nov 1 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone from the EU still playing this? Seen it going for sale on Play.com for 17.99, pretty much half the price it was going just over a month ago at release. Whether that's a good sign or not, I'm not sure, but still! Anyone playing?

awful sign...

people say it has a lot of potential, but it'll be hard for SE to earn back those early players that left.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
I was able to play for maybe 2 hours the day it came out. Awful game.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
lol @ "freedom". This video explains the leveling aspect of the game incredibly well. Even makes it look good. But it's very tedious.

I haven't played it in weeks. It has a lot of fucked up things going on. But as people say, it has potential. I am going to wait for a few patches.
Did you buy the game cadet?

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 03 November 2010 - 06:00 PM.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 3 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you buy the game cadet?

Yeah.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 3 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering that there is as far as I'm aware, ZERO PvP content within the game, what difference does it make to the player how fast they level? It's not like you can expect any ganking or griefing from higher-levelled players if this is the case. Doubled with the fact that after 15 hours you earn 0 EXP on your preferred class or role; the one that you spent time in that creation screen 'umming' and 'ahhing' about, that's only two hours a day of 'Free-Will' fun effectively; and then you get a slap on the wrist and are told to either come back next week, or pick something else you might like, but right now couldn't give a toss about. Now where's the freedom there?

Pretty good video, from what I gathered, their idea is to turn everyone into jack-of-all-trades casuals and drain as much money out of you as possible. I'm really up for playing this game, but when more shite like this crops up, sales lists showing the game in rapid slowdown and you see it get negged by site after site (check out gamespot for an amazing review on their part); I almost feel disappointed at Square for something that they've spent months alpha/beta testing, years creating, and yet still there are some fundamental issues which most people will never be able to forgive them for.

Edited by Spowis, 04 November 2010 - 06:39 AM.

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:frostfenix
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
The game was fun for a while, with grand amounts of people trying to help each other out, but when they started integrating crafting for every aspect of the game, (like no drops from mobs and maybe a gear set *very lucky* from a treasure chest) it kinda ruined the game. I tried it out, gave it a fair chance, but when those who dont care to craft HAVE to craft to get anywhere in the game, and people you know quit on you, then its impossible to solo such a rediculous game. In this game you MUST know people to get things done quicker, or have fun spending 24 hours everyday of getting all crafts up and farming mats.

I had fun, but when your all alone, its just a bore and a chore. Yeah not supposed to rhyme, but it did.

Aiming for the top ~ working to be the best.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
The video isn't even an accurate description of how xp even works anymore[not even made by SE], and even if it was:
You can't really spend 15 hours getting XP when you get a maximum of 4~5 quests a day, which are done in MINUTES. The rest would have to be spend grinding random mobs, and the xp is terrible when doing that. They don't want you grinding mobs, they want you to say "fuck it" and start crafting.
Also, I baught 10 dollars worth of crysta on launch day by accident. I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I just wanted to play, and somewhere it said crysta was used for payments. What can I do with that shit now? >_<

Cadet, I forgot why I even asked you if you bought the game.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 04 November 2010 - 02:02 PM.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users