Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy Xiv

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

crashMMVII

crashMMVII
  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • xfire:crashmmvii
  • Xbox / GFWL:x Crash INC
Really, really, really pumped about this. I loved FFXI but kind of fell out of love with it, I'm just hoping I can run this on my macbook pro + boot camp...i scored like 700 i think

inb4 flamers

QUOTE (Jayl3w @ Nov 13 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smell that guys? It smells like douche.
Someone bought my cologne! :D

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
Alright, more footage is out for alpha/beta comparisons, you can quite clearly see the difference in detail, best to watch it in 720p of course.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:frostfenix
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Surprisingly got the invite to beta for tomorrow. Was planning on just waiting to see if I ever get invited and simply play Mabinogi and SC2 while I wait. Woot, time to switch and play FF14 Beta and SC2 beta icon_razz.gif

Edited by FrostFenix, 13 July 2010 - 06:43 AM.

Aiming for the top ~ working to be the best.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Spowis @ Jun 25 2010, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, more footage is out for alpha/beta comparisons, you can quite clearly see the difference in detail, best to watch it in 720p of course.

youtube

You're fucking joking right? Left side = Low graphics, high side = high graphics.

What a joke lol. The only real noticible change was the lighting indoors was dimmer and more environmental and THAT is NOT a graphical change.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
The EU site has been updated considerably, and the release is now only two months away. Subscription Fee also looks set to be at £8.99/~€11. Anyone planning on getting the Collector's Edition? Looks like you get a lot of nice incentives for doing so, but of course it costs an extra £10 (£39.99).

Also, recommended system reqs:
http://www.finalfant...ecom/jp/pc.html

Edited by Spowis, 22 July 2010 - 03:05 PM.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
Would rather drag my dick in broken glass then play this game.

FFXI was TERRIBLE.

come at me bros

Don't flamebait. - The Colonel

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
Have you even looked at or read anything about this game at all?

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
Honestly in the few minutes I got to play in beta, (Which consisted of mainly messing around with character creation and a half finished battle with a jellyfish) I like the different style. Autoattack is pretty much void, and battle might seem slow at first, (played a bagillion MMO's) I kinda feel like this difference might require the player to actually think ahead while fighting instead of button mashing. Might be wrong since I got booted from the servers failing again. But character creation and visuals are very nice. I'm probably going to preorder the collectors edition as get the early access and get a name I want instead of my generic names that I use in most MMO's *cough*Aion*cough*. Havent really tested much other than that, but from the feedback I've heard, early levels seem to go a lot faster than FF11 did, but most of the gameplay / interface feels similar.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
Its going to be like AoC and Aion - pretty and good for a while, before you recognize the steaming pile of shit within.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
So, another video got posted up, there are also French and German subbed versions for all those that are interested:

I highly doubt people will spend "several hours" like the char modeller stated, but there seems to be enough attention to detail to craft together a decent avatar and spam emotes at people.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
I preordered this, then cancelled. The same day I preordered it again. I may end up cancelling it for the second time. So much shit comes out in September I ended up cancelling Halo: Reach.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
im totally not sure about this game. one of my friends is gonna play it and i do kinda want to play another mmo...but at the same time...ehhhhh....

comeeee guild wars 2...hurry up!

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts

WoW...you're dead to me.

Digioso

Digioso
  • GA Private
  • 187 posts
  • xfire:Real_Digioso
  • Steam ID:Digioso
  • Xbox / GFWL:digioso@gmx.ch
  • Gamer Army ID:3337
I posted some more videos here: http://www.purepwnag...showtopic=99371

Hmm... and what do I think about the game?
From the graphics perspective it looks really great and I'll probably need a new computer to play it... Right now, I've got to play it with medium/low settings and no anti-aliasing, which is a bit sad. My PC isn't that bad, you know...
I had 2512 points in the benchmark and the benchmark did run much more smoothly than the actual game.
A Intel Core 2 Duo e6700, 4GB RAM and a Nvidea GTX 260 aren't really that bad, are they?

Well and what else? Honestly it plays much like an Asia-Grinder and it is made for a console not a PC. The controls are really bad. I mean, I have to open the main menu to start quests or mine for resources. This should've been done better.
I am still very low level and probably won't get much higher since the currently running beta ends today but if it's the same in later levels with getting quests I don't like it very much. Grab a quest, go to the location, start the quest, hunt some monsters / harvest resources until you're done and then teleport back. Anyone high level here who can say a bit more about this?
Leg dich nie mit einem BAOD an, oder du bist selber dran.
Das Leben ist grausam.
Wenn es mal nicht grausam ist, ist es grausamer.

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (Digioso @ Aug 25 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I posted some more videos here: http://www.purepwnag...showtopic=99371

Hmm... and what do I think about the game?
From the graphics perspective it looks really great and I'll probably need a new computer to play it... Right now, I've got to play it with medium/low settings and no anti-aliasing, which is a bit sad. My PC isn't that bad, you know...
I had 2512 points in the benchmark and the benchmark did run much more smoothly than the actual game.
A Intel Core 2 Duo e6700, 4GB RAM and a Nvidea GTX 260 aren't really that bad, are they?

Well and what else? Honestly it plays much like an Asia-Grinder and it is made for a console not a PC. The controls are really bad. I mean, I have to open the main menu to start quests or mine for resources. This should've been done better.
I am still very low level and probably won't get much higher since the currently running beta ends today but if it's the same in later levels with getting quests I don't like it very much. Grab a quest, go to the location, start the quest, hunt some monsters / harvest resources until you're done and then teleport back. Anyone high level here who can say a bit more about this?

I got around level 12 or 13 dont remember, been playing SC2 most of the time, but yeah solo = grind but thats just how MMORPGs work. I'm used to that fact and all, but later levels sticking to one weapon you start getting better skills and stuff and start wanting to fight harder mobs that require group effort, so atleast there was that and it just feels like an MMO that would get annoying if you dont use a controller which I dont mind too much, just because I've never done it and always up for something different.

But grind is grind, plus its still beta so not a lot of content is pushed out, just more of server tests and interface feedback. Which yes I also feel that they need to work on that as well, or hopefully allow it to be modded so that there are other menus available or have different interfaces for keyboard/ controller. Gameplay will always be more fun with people though, just my opinion.

AuthorCook

AuthorCook
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
Much as I love MMOs and Final Fantasy, I worry that Square's proving for the second time that the two are not fit to be combined.

For me, online gaming is all about the gameplay; and what I've seen of the battle system doesn't really set FFXIV apart from, say, Lineage 2.

Still, I may be speaking too soon; I suppose I'll wait until the final game is released before I give my final verdict.

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
what's with the "8 hours a week" thing?
That sounds absolutely rubbish :/

Players earn XP at 100% for the first 8 hours.

For 7 hours over this limit the XP received decreases to 0%.

The time limit for the playtime counter to reset is 1 week.

The XP gain limit is not tied to any class/job but is per character.

Drops and loot are not affected by the XP “fatigue.”

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
QUOTE (kmjnhb @ Aug 25 2010, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what's with the "8 hours a week" thing?
That sounds absolutely rubbish :/

I've literally just seen the exact same thing.

All read here: http://kotaku.com/56...ystem-explained

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
basically just a way to drag the game out as long as possible to harvest more money :/

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
This was a pretty good summary of the article:

"Asking folks to pay you a monthly fee to play your game and then dictating how long they can play their favorite class without penalties seems like a very bad idea indeed."

But yeah, open-beta should decide this all for me really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users