Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tale Of Lolz

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
So, this is a story about WoW. A bunch of my friends (myself included) quit WoW last year purely because we were raiders and just couldn't get a stable amount of numbers on a weekly basis, people were leaving/going away or joining other MMOs, I'm quite sure Aion came out at the time or was getting more popular, but that's besides the point. So, the other night, my friend Jarret played it and did a VoA/TotC in his gear from way-back-when (He plays a Warlock), and using this add-on called Gearcraft or gear-something (I honestly wasn't paying too much attention to the name) it basically listed players by their overall level of gear and was up-to-date.

Needless to say, he destroyed the dps meter over guys who something like 1000+ more points on this list and was using item level 264 gear. And this is like, coming back to the game out of nowhere, using the same piece-of-shit gear that you had before patch 3.3 was even muttered, and destroying everyone in the raid.

So, what did I learn from this? My friend is pro (at pushing half a dozen buttons), people who played WoW in this situation are complete idiots, and I am SO glad that I have already saved £50 (and counting) by not playing this anymore with a bunch of morons who cannot comprehend the simplest instructions. This isn't a trolling thread, this is how it is.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
Same thing just happened to me

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
I hear Gearscore is an accurate representation of intelligence and ability to hit number keys, c/d?

Edited by otaku_4_life, 03 June 2010 - 06:04 PM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
Whats Gearscore?

You must be talking about Skillscore.

79577008.png

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Someone should make that addon!

DPS SkillScore = DPS / GearScore

Tank SkillScore = (Mitigation + Threat generation) / GearScore

srs!

Edited by Yozki, 03 June 2010 - 11:29 PM.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Yozki @ Jun 3 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone should make that addon!

DPS SkillScore = DPS / GearScore

Recount actually has that feature built-in. It's a performance-to-Gearscore ratio.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Teh_PYR0

Teh_PYR0
  • GA Private
  • 167 posts
  • xfire:teh1337pyro
  • Interests:FPS, RTS, Violin, MMOs... meh
  • Steam ID:teh_pyro
  • PSN:PimROX
  • Gamer Army ID:3823
  • Company:Echo
reminds me of my 67 priest doing only 100 dps less than an 80 warrior. lol. also, my 5k gs mage topped meters in an icc with everyone around 5700. i tell ya, the game is going downhill soooo fast. hopefully cataclysm will change SOMETHING. make gear take a fraction of skill / maybe just more time to get. having all these scrubs get RAFd to 60 and grind to 80, then just nolife to get a 5.4k gs and not know how to play the game at all is just infuriating. leveling was/is the most fun part of the game, but now we have boa gear and all sorts of stupid junk. mehhh

[Starcraft] requires the same mental strength as a chess grand master... and you need to have the dexterity of a musician. -Day[9]

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
No one cares man.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
QUOTE (Teh_PYR0 @ Jun 8 2010, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hopefully cataclysm will change SOMETHING.

Yeah, I always think like when they release Cataclysm that they might actually turn it around, but like, it's an MMO, I'm pretty sure like 80% of the players are just casuals in the first place and there's literally everything that you could possibly think of to cater to that market. Blizzard are VERY clever guys, and they're doing anything that lies in their path to rake in a little extra dough before their next title (take the purchasable mounts for example). They even now have a system where you can pay like $3 a month to check on the AH from your damn iPod when you're going around on your daily business, at work, whatever. That's totally unrelated to what you were saying though, but I have to agree with you on the levelling, I loved going on that path, randomly encoutering Horde/Alliance along the horde, smashing their faces in and then moving on to kill 15 more mobs to complete a quest. There's only so much joy you can get out of downing Yogg...

QUOTE (Defiled @ Jun 8 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No one cares man.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
QUOTE (Spowis @ Jun 8 2010, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I always think like when they release Cataclysm that they might actually turn it around, but like, it's an MMO, I'm pretty sure like 80% of the players are just casuals

lololol

Someone thinks they know the MMO community because they played WoW for a few months.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
QUOTE (Defiled @ Jun 8 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lololol

Someone thinks they know the MMO community because they played WoW for a few months.

lololol, I started playing in patch 2.1. Nice try though.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Spowis @ Jun 8 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't here during Vanilla?

GTFO

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Spowis @ Jun 3 2010, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, this is a story about WoW. A bunch of my friends (myself included) quit WoW last year purely because we were raiders and just couldn't get a stable amount of numbers on a weekly basis, people were leaving/going away or joining other MMOs, I'm quite sure Aion came out at the time or was getting more popular, but that's besides the point. So, the other night, my friend Jarret played it and did a VoA/TotC in his gear from way-back-when (He plays a Warlock), and using this add-on called Gearcraft or gear-something (I honestly wasn't paying too much attention to the name) it basically listed players by their overall level of gear and was up-to-date.

Needless to say, he destroyed the dps meter over guys who something like 1000+ more points on this list and was using item level 264 gear. And this is like, coming back to the game out of nowhere, using the same piece-of-shit gear that you had before patch 3.3 was even muttered, and destroying everyone in the raid.

So, what did I learn from this? My friend is pro (at pushing half a dozen buttons), people who played WoW in this situation are complete idiots, and I am SO glad that I have already saved £50 (and counting) by not playing this anymore with a bunch of morons who cannot comprehend the simplest instructions. This isn't a trolling thread, this is how it is.

Your friend is a mage.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
QUOTE (Spowis @ Jun 8 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow well done...TBC.

Even if you said since the beta of Vanilla I wouldn't give a shit. Just because you've played WoW (and not even for a long time) doesn't mean you know anything about the MMO scene.

Spewing shit like:

QUOTE (Spowis @ Jun 8 2010, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I always think like when they release Cataclysm that they might actually turn it around, but like, it's an MMO, I'm pretty sure like 80% of the players are just casuals in the first place

Seriously? Do you have any idea what MMO's are really like? Most of them are extreme grind fests, MMO players are just as hardcore as other players. The difference is is that there's no tournaments and the rewards for the massive amount of time put into them are well...pretty bad in comparison.

Doesn't change the fact that most real MMO fans have played a real fucking grindfest of an MMO that needed most of your life to be any good.

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
your friend did good in a raid. why are you telling us this?

gearscore doesnt change the fact that not everyone who plays wow at max level is good. it's always been like this - now we are just reassured by a mod.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ Jun 8 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wasn't here during Vanilla?

GTFO

Neveeeeeeeeer!

QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 8 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your friend is a mage.

You Sir are a rogue and a bandit!

QUOTE (Defiled @ Jun 8 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow well done...TBC.

Even if you said since the beta of Vanilla I wouldn't give a shit.

Then why are you even here? I summarised something I found funny, if you didn't like it, you should have stuck to the Crap section. That aside, I'd be interested to hear your history of playing MMOs, the sage that you quite clearly are.

QUOTE (Eogris @ Jun 8 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your friend did good in a raid. why are you telling us this?

Because I found it funny and was so dumbfounded by what has changed in the game.

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
QUOTE (Spowis @ Jun 8 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because I found it funny and was so dumbfounded by what has changed in the game.

i see. if you give it a week or two it'll feel normal, and you might even enjoy the game. thats what happened to me atleast, who knows.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
QUOTE (Eogris @ Jun 8 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i see. if you give it a week or two it'll feel normal, and you might even enjoy the game. thats what happened to me atleast, who knows.

But I'm not playing the game, my friend is. Did you read my post? icon_razz.gif

Neep™

Neep™
  • Members
  • 113 posts
It's not like vanilla anymore. Epics actually MEANT something. I mean, anyone in Tier 2 raid gear were seen as a god.

Fuck, I miss vanilla.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
QUOTE (Neep™ @ Jun 8 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not like vanilla anymore. Epics actually MEANT something. I mean, anyone in Tier 2 raid gear were seen as a god.

Fuck, I miss vanilla.

I started playing a couple of weeks before TBC and I miss THB for that reason too, raids meant you had to be in a good, raiding guild. Now everything is pug'ed. icon_sad.gif

I still have a shitload of fun though, playing with RL friend is just great in BGs and raids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users