Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tale Of Lolz

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Neep™ @ Jun 8 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not like vanilla anymore. Epics actually MEANT something. I mean, anyone in Tier 2 raid gear were seen as a god.

Fuck, I miss vanilla.

Epics actually never meant anything because of how impossible it was to actually grasp the game back then. Gear itemized by a downs baby + terrible mechanics made for a clusterfuck of a game.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
QUOTE (Spowis @ Jun 8 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why are you even here? I summarised something I found funny, if you didn't like it, you should have stuck to the Crap section. That aside, I'd be interested to hear your history of playing MMOs, the sage that you quite clearly are.

Well your story was lame but that wasn't what bothered me, it was just the dumb shit you were saying that made me wanna post.

I'm hardly a hardcore MMO player, I never had time for the hardcore games because y'know, a life n' all but, I do have some experience in MMO's outside of WoW and I was atleast aware of just how many hours some guys put into certain games because thats what you needed to do...

Just don't talk shit about a whole scene of gaming when you obviously don't know anything.

Snormy

Snormy
  • Members
  • 229 posts
QUOTE (Defiled @ Jun 9 2010, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well your story was lame but that wasn't what bothered me, it was just the dumb shit you were saying that made me wanna post.

I'm hardly a hardcore MMO player, I never had time for the hardcore games because y'know, a life n' all but, I do have some experience in MMO's outside of WoW and I was atleast aware of just how many hours some guys put into certain games because thats what you needed to do...

Just don't talk shit about a whole scene of gaming when you obviously don't know anything.

I lol'd.

Edited by Snormy, 09 June 2010 - 11:39 AM.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Defiled @ Jun 9 2010, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never once generalised the entire genre of MMO's, from my own experiences of having played MMOs, the players on servers in the EU such as Magtheridon and Frostmane which I probably spent upwards of 40 hours a week on with whatever spare time I had from work were significantly more casual than myself, I never brought up any single other MMO, and you're being overly-eager to jump on a single sentence. The fact that you admittedly said that you haven't played WoW because "y'know, a life n' all" just backs up my point further, you haven't got a damn clue and you're a casual in yourself.

I honest to god do not see what you're getting at, you're picking holes at an opinion on a game you've never played enough of in the first place. I'm sure that there ARE and have been MMOs in the past which have required a staggering amount of work, but this is a tale about WoW, not EQ.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

Angelius

Angelius
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Rollerblading
QUOTE (Defiled @ Jun 8 2010, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously? Do you have any idea what MMO's are really like? Most of them are extreme grind fests, MMO players are just as hardcore as other players. The difference is is that there's no tournaments and the rewards for the massive amount of time put into them are well...pretty bad in comparison.

Doesn't change the fact that most real MMO fans have played a real fucking grindfest of an MMO that needed most of your life to be any good.

Ha so true, I remember being a 64 sorcerer pre expansion Lineage 2, and having to grind golems under the ivory tower for upwards of 2 weeks to level.
Wow is a cakewalk by comparison.
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users