Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2 Discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1763 replies to this topic

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 1 2012, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only just noticed this.

Grats mate, I'm pretty jelly. I remember way back when I only got as far as low diamonds... then I literally couldn't win a single game for weeks. Just quit all together icon_sad.gif.

I wish you luck mate icon_biggrin.gif

Ya, this has been happening to me. I couldn't win shit for the longest time. I feel like i'm starting to make a come back though.

Also, I still believe, bronze was the hardest to get out of. A combination of smurf plats, diamonds, and masters players. Bronze players that only cheese. (as zerg at least) You can't follow any form of timings, because the bronze leagues are so bad that everything comes super late or super early.

On top of that, you're still trying to do learn counters, hotkeys, and basically the entire game.

No joke, unless things get a LOT more difficult as i get closer to masters, I will always believe bronze was the hardest to get out of.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ May 1 2012, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was stuck in bronze for the longest time no joke. Highest I got to was silver..................

Well the game is like broken now or something tbh.

I'm in Silver or Bronze or someshit and can't get out of it, and I know I'm doing way better than that. Because they don't actually reset the hidden scores after each season, they've made it so any players that are stuck in bronze are pretty much stuck there unless they can make up for a year and a half's bad playing.

Edited by CakeCom, 02 May 2012 - 05:52 PM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 2 2012, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the game is like broken now or something tbh.

I'm in Silver or Bronze or someshit and can't get out of it, and I know I'm doing way better than that. Because they don't actually reset the hidden scores after each season, they've made it so any players that are stuck in bronze are pretty much stuck there unless they can make up for a year and a half's bad playing.

If you don't get ranked for an entire season. Your hidden mmr gets reset. Or at least that's what i heard.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 2 2012, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't get ranked for an entire season. Your hidden mmr gets reset. Or at least that's what i heard.

What I've heard is the hidden MMRs have never been reset icon_razz.gif.

But yeah, noone but Blizzard would know I suppose.

Artswolf

Artswolf
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Art, Gaming, artwork,<br />Inventing Ideas, Constructing, Archetecture,<br />Design, Innovation, Prophicy,<br />History, Reading, Solar Panels,<br />Game Development, Pizza, Nostradamus,<br />3D modelling, Abstract, Geography,<br />Welding, Driving, Public Speaking,<br />Protests, Cooking, Fashion,<br />Photography, Comics, Warhammer,<br />Second Life, Sleeping, Animals,<br />Music , Astrolab, Magnification,<br />Astrology, Telescope, Swimming,<br />Basketball, Mechanics, Perpetual Energy,<br />Military, Sci-fi, Fantasy<br />ArtGalleries, Library, Movies,<br />Programming , Making Music
The game looks pretty kewl. I seen my buddy play it. I dont play much games anymore. Cuz I pwned them all.

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,160 posts
http://dhopen.binary...1206086#group32

That's a whole lot of Weiman

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,912 posts
  • Steam ID:sfkingalpha
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:9000
I remember when he was learning SC1.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Just started playing SC2 1v1s again.

@Spiri7, maybe when I'm good enough...
...our paths will cross...

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
Look forward to it man. What race you playing as? and what league are you in.

I hadn't played in a long time and got demoted to plat (just started working a new job. didn't have time)

but my practicing is back on par with what it should be. Let me know if you want to play.

SageHarmonic:404 if you want to add me

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Good 441 I believe is mine, I'll add you in like 30-40 mins. I'm watching some review for Tremors 3.

I'm in Silver atm @.@

I used to be in plat, long ago... I think you ended up much better than me.
I play Zerg atm, but I've also been handy with Protoss.

Terran has always been my downfall, whether I'm playing with them or against them.

Xander756

Xander756
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2
Honestly I think SC2 was very poorly made. I wrote a 4-part series on it linked below. Feel free to disagree with me, my opinions are not fact or gospel. It is just how I feel about the topic.

Part 1 - http://voices.yahoo....032.html?cat=19

Part 2 - http://voices.yahoo....318.html?cat=19

Part 3 - http://voices.yahoo....740.html?cat=19

Part 4 - http://voices.yahoo....160.html?cat=19

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I didn't bother reading it all, I agreed with the first sentence. The matchmaking in SC2 is most certainly broken... the problem is this doesn't effect the actual competitive players in anyway. Just the people who don't matter... you know that casuals like us awesome2.png.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
I swear on my life, that i would be masters by now if it wasn't for protoss. They're literally fucking unstoppable.

I fucking give up. If i play a toss on a 2 player map, I WILL, 6 pool him. I'd rather roll the dice and hope i can beat them then draw it out for 30 minutes.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Have you been trying Stephano's strat against Protoss?

Seems to work pretty well... was going to try it out a bit tonight.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
My problem is that it can hold off pressure, yes. But it's impossible to break that fucking wall. Then all they have to do is sit behind the fucking wall, tech up, and there's no way you can match there tech in time to stop their army.

Referring to stephano style here.

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 04 July 2012 - 10:57 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jul 5 2012, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My problem is that it can hold off pressure, yes. But it's impossible to break that fucking wall. Then all they have to do is sit behind the fucking wall, tech up, and there's no way you can match there tech in time to stop their army.

Referring to stephano style here.

I see what you're saying.

The problem with Stephano style is (watch Day9's ZVP, came out either last night or the night before) exactly what you were saying. If you can't get past that first wall and you let them tech up, yes you lose. But if you can spread their forces thin and throw yourself past that first wall, you should succeed in almost all cases.

But yeah, the big problem with Stephano's style is that late game is basically GG. He hasn't properly created a simple, smooth tech switch between his early game and his late game and that's why it has so many problems late game. Day9 makes recommendations for this, but even he seems kind of puzzled by the problem.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
Did you ever add me dude? I have so many people i don't actually know on my friends list, that I couldn't pick you out if I tried.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I'm fairly certain I added you, if u want you can add my e-mail as a real friend ID (Capcom@live.ca)

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
Well, I'm back to diamond.

LET THE QUEST TO MASTERS BEGIN!!....again...

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
I seriously no longer think it's safe for me to be in the same room as a protoss in real life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users