Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2 Discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1763 replies to this topic

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
I hate myself so much right now. I accidentally rallied my drones to my extractor early game in a zvz and was so focused on my micro that i didn't fucking notice untill there were like 20 stupid fucking drones mining 1 extractor. I asked myself so many times during that game why i was so low on money but for some reason i just never checked. I fucking hate myself.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
  • xfire:vaughnlesterinoz
  • Steam ID:teh_HyDr0iD
I never really liked Idra, still not too sure what I think of him. But I must admit I found myself agreeing more with him in that argument than I did with Day[9]. Zerg isn't the dominating race in any game, they need to play reactively to overcome whatever their opponent does, and so risky play isn't really encouraged because if you go for tails when you should have gone heads you'll get destroyed. And random chance isn't an efficient way for true high level competition to happen. What if winning in a game of cricket was all about swinging to the left or right with a blindfold on in hopes that you hit the ball. They train tons so that they are able to respond correctly to the direction and location of the ball based on what they can read in the moments before it reaches them. If your opponent is taking a coin toss risk and you have to take a coin toss risk against that specific coin toss to beat it what hope is there of really shinning as a good player. Every time you win, it will be because you got lucky and got the right results from your coin toss. The game really will degrade down to a rock, paper, scissors situation every time rather than a chess game requiring grandmasters.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 4 2011, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate myself so much right now. I accidentally rallied my drones to my extractor early game in a zvz and was so focused on my micro that i didn't fucking notice untill there were like 20 stupid fucking drones mining 1 extractor. I asked myself so many times during that game why i was so low on money but for some reason i just never checked. I fucking hate myself.

Yeah I think we have all made mistakes like that at some point.

Intel Core i7 870 | Corsair H50 Watercooler | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600MHz
Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy GTX 460 768MB SLI | OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD
2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD RAID-0 | Corsair HX850W PSU | Samsung Blu-Ray

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
That's true in a sense but honestly, this zerg isn't really too different from the BW zerg. The only thing that BW really had going for that zerg though was lurkers. I have since the beta said that lurkers should be back and not a t3 unit. However it's not like it's down to as much luck as you're saying the games are now because it's not rock paper scissors. You can watch any game and see armies roll each other due to things other then unit counters because skill has as much of a roll in an army vs army fight as unit comp does.

Also Blizz, bring back the archon toilet if the opponent can use it on you they deserve to annihilate all of your units awesomely.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
I got demoted to Platinum, I've lost sooooo many times lately, to stupid shit I should know how to deal with. /rage

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Yozki @ May 11 2011, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got demoted to Platinum, I've lost sooooo many times lately, to stupid shit I should know how to deal with. /rage

I'm not far behind you tbh, not laddering again until I'm 100% confident in my ability to not be bad. I legitimately lost to a bronze Terran today in an obs game. :|

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ May 11 2011, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not far behind you tbh, not laddering again until I'm 100% confident in my ability to not be bad. I legitimately lost to a bronze Terran today in an obs game. :|

I know what you mean man. I've been playing horrendously the past couple of days. I was promoted to Silver just before, and I have had several days since where I've just gone and straight up lost 10+ games in a row. On good days I have beaten quite a few Gold level players, but as soon as I get a day like that I'm back down to vsing low silvers and high bronze levels. Feels bad. icon_sad.gif

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
It also doesn't help that whenever I loose I feel like playing again and immediately re queue, and then when I win I feel tired and stop playing for a while lol.

Does that happen to anyone else?

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
QUOTE (Yozki @ May 12 2011, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It also doesn't help that whenever I loose I feel like playing again and immediately re queue, and then when I win I feel tired and stop playing for a while lol.

Does that happen to anyone else?

Yeah, unless I force myself to keep playing on a winning streak and then get hyped up and get a few lucky games in a row, but then its usually followed by a gut wrenching loss streak where I immediately re-queue and lose and start playing worse and worse the more frustrated I get. I've been working on taking a loss after a winning streak as a sign to take a break and if its late at night I'll use that to just go to bed. But sometimes if I've just broken a nastly loss streak and I get a win or two in a row I'll be too scared to play anymore because I know I've been there for a couple hours so I'm starting to get worn out.

EDIT:

YEAAAHHH!!! I just got promoted to Gold League now! Only spent 10 days in Silver league and in that time was able to make it to 72nd top silver in SEA region.

Edited by teh_HyDr0iD, 12 May 2011 - 11:19 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Rob` @ Mar 30 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laptop turns off.

my laptop turns off.

Solution: Plug in laptop.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 21 2011, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Solution: Plug in laptop.

Boo, first post in days and it's just this guy trolling icon_sad.gif

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
LOL I'm doing 6pool for the lulz on the ladder, 4-0 so far.

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
Whenever I find a random player on ladder, I tell them random is the same as cheesing. While they insist that their skill level is comparable to my own (100% of the time), I 6pool them. If they roll terran and manage to wall-in I tell them "yeah really impressive how you skillfully chose terran" and promptly leave

success rate is like 75% including games where they are terran and wall-in (only happens on 4player maps)

Edited by LysIs514, 27 May 2011 - 01:12 PM.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
lmao

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
Haha, I did that once and my lings passed the scout as they were halfway across the map and the guy just left as soon as he saw the lings.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
*face palm*

I need new friends.

I just had a friend compare Star Trek Conquest to Sc2. and i quote "cuz you gather minerals and build up an army in both of them,.....they're practically the same thing"

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
90% of my friends refer to the RTS genre as "kind of like Age of Empires?".

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
I must admit I did use AOE as an analogy when telling my mother about SC2. But that's mainly because she actually plays AOE, and when I said I started playing SC2, she said "So is that one of those shooting games?" And I replied, no, its more like AOE, and proceeded to explain the differences and why its better. icon_razz.gif

Edited by teh_HyDr0iD, 29 May 2011 - 01:04 AM.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
PP just got mentioned during an e-sports on TV discussion on State of the game =)

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Destiny plugging Pure Pwnage on SotG right now. They're on the topic of eSports going to TV, and Destiny started talking about how PP died after it got a TV spot, and all the logistics of that. Pretty cool stuff.

Edit: LOL Yoz You faggot. Beat me by like 5 seconds.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 01 June 2011 - 12:53 AM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
Haha!!

Kinda sad this place isn't populated anymore

Edited by Yozki, 01 June 2011 - 12:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users