Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2 Discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1763 replies to this topic

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Apr 23 2011, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen just about every caster. Here is a list of my least favorite

Tasteless
chill
djwheat
day9

wat

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Caster hipster, he hates the most popular ones.

icon_razz.gif Honestly you can't hate day9, some people hate him because he's loved by the noobs, but he clearly has the knowledge and personality, so does his brother.

Edited by Yozki, 23 April 2011 - 12:40 PM.

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
I liked day9 when he did broodwar.
Now he does sc2 and he actually casts games, and he does it like his dailies. He is now what combat-ex was in brood war. I know he's a coolguy and he's good at video games I hear so I have respect for him, I just don't like him as a caster.

Tasteless is also a coolguy and good at video games. I like him more than day9 but ever since he started sc2 I don't like him anymore.

chill and djwheat are w/e.

Also I'm a hipster when it comes to sc2 and esports but thats a blog post for another time.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Ghostwhisp

Ghostwhisp
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Steam ID:STNO | Cptn.Canuck
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ghostwhisp
  • PSN:Cptn_Canuck
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Apr 23 2011, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked day9 when he did broodwar.
Now he does sc2 and he actually casts games, and he does it like his dailies. He is now what combat-ex was in brood war. I know he's a coolguy and he's good at video games I hear so I have respect for him, I just don't like him as a caster.

Tasteless is also a coolguy and good at video games. I like him more than day9 but ever since he started sc2 I don't like him anymore.

chill and djwheat are w/e.

Also I'm a hipster when it comes to sc2 and esports but thats a blog post for another time.

Think about it this way, if you were to have started playing SC2 earlier rather than clinging to Brood War, by the time SC2 is fully patched and expanded upon, you'll be able to be a hipster at that and tell all your new friends that you played in the beta before heart of the swarm was even out. Gotta keep looking to the future, or else your hipster status will soon turn into poser. Not much worse, but still worse.

It's Cptn.Canuck Bitchez

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts

Fucking lost it. LOL

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts

some cool artosis vids

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
I got promoted to silver!!!!! Thx to everybody here that gave me advice.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
  • xfire:vaughnlesterinoz
  • Steam ID:teh_HyDr0iD
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 2 2011, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got promoted to silver!!!!! Thx to everybody here that gave me advice.

w00t grats man. I got promoted to Silver today too icon_biggrin.gif. Just before I was promoted I held #1 Bronze on the SEA server for a couple of days. Beat a few gold level players before it promoted me. And then suddenly got a Plat right after promotion. Almost won, but I scouted him going mass mutas just too late to do anything about it. (I'd been fooling around and got greedy with my expansions and only found out afterwards he was plat.)

I've already had Silver on the NA server for a while but I dont play on there much so my MMR or w/e looks a lot better because I haven't lost as much.

Edited by teh_HyDr0iD, 03 May 2011 - 05:09 AM.

Intel Core i7 870 | Corsair H50 Watercooler | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600MHz
Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy GTX 460 768MB SLI | OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD
2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD RAID-0 | Corsair HX850W PSU | Samsung Blu-Ray

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
Shit tell me you guys are watching /watched SotG.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Yozki @ May 3 2011, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shit tell me you guys are watching /watched SotG.

Yeah, EG vs. Tyler debate atm. Tyler just arguing for the sake of arguing now pretty much. The Day9/Idra debate earlier was good too. And Tasteless just being like "welp, I'm not getting involved in this."

Edited by otaku_4_life, 04 May 2011 - 12:10 AM.

AKA:

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
idra is the only one who understands sc2 other than artosis.
I feel like I, having practically studied balance in video games for several years, could be the only one who could convince someone like day9 of idra's argument.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
It's amazing how well versed IdrA is regarding balance too, he formulates his arguments and comes up with simple, no bullshit ways of making his point, which is a great thing, specially on the internet where most of the arguments people throw around are retarded / beside the point.

Also I like Day9 but IdrA did make him look like a troll.

IdrA: "Every time I come up with an argument you just laugh at it because you don't know what to answer, and that's stupid."
Day9: "..."

lol, him and Tyler got pwnd last night. Such a great show.

Edited by Yozki, 04 May 2011 - 10:45 AM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Ya'll are kidding me right?

You mean, Idra, who's track record is absolute shit in BW is knowledgeable in this new game? Where new strats and techniques are still being discovered all the time? (HT minimap click for feedback?)

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
Everything he said made sense though. And his knowledge of SC2 doesn't come from his BW career, it comes from the years he spent in Korea training 12 hours a day. Plus he didn't say general abstract statements, he mentioned specific things that nobody can refute.

Mainly the inability to properly scout early game, and how playing in blind preparation for anything is detrimental and puts Z behind after the "coin-flip".

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
If you are someone who really understands the game, you will probably find something that makes the game worse.
You point it out to the community, but since the majority of anything is shit at it, they can not possibly understand.
Then something happens that contradicts this. All it takes is one thing that can be caused by anything.
Then you are artosis, now made fun of by everyone for no good reason. I have seen it happen with m2k in the smash bros scene. Avilo in red alert 3. Some french people in dofus-arena.

Humans are really bad players. In tournaments, MC will go proxy 2gate knowing that it is a suboptimal strategy, but it works because his opponent is bad as well.
This is the reason tournament results or any other outside-of-game statistic do not matter in terms of discussing balance.

I will believe the opinions of artosis and idra because I know they understand the game much better than I do, and they aren't afraid to voice what they think are 100% truthful opinions. Expert opinion is the closest thing anyone has to perfect play, and therefore is the closest thing we have do talk about balance.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Look at what Tyler said in this case, and what Day9 said. (And what Idra said after even.)

Day9 asked 'So how did Zerg in BW scout?' Well, how did they? Using idra's examples you can't run a ling in through a wall in, and you can't put an overlord in the base either as 2-3 marines or a dragoon kills it.

Well? Idra is right that Zerg doesn't have the quick defense of the sunken colony but that isn't what Zerg always did in BW in every game.

Then you have to take into account that the Zerg plays like Idra don't like the coin flip idea and that how Protoss and Terrans have to take risks when going certain builds where if Zerg takes a risk to punish the opponent but it can works. While SC2 isn't the same as BW but the meta game now I'd wager is more risk vs reward and the people playing Zerg in my opinion are taking no risks to be honest and that's why they are losing. (Apart from Idra now cheesing more often lol)

Idra even agreed but dislikes the high risk reward style but there's still room for Blizzard to add units or change SC2 to change the game to be less risk/reward and how Idra even said that he thought Terran was the weakest race in BW which IMO it is definately not.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ May 4 2011, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you are artosis, now made fun of by everyone for no good reason.

I'm pretty sure most of that is in jest, not many people make fun of him maliciously.

AKA:

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
I'd like to read/watch this debate if it's possible. Is there a video or something somewhere? I have to figure even if they're all wrong, all those high lvl players talking about balance has to teach me something.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ May 4 2011, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure most of that is in jest, not many people make fun of him maliciously.

Everyone thinks he's full of shit about a lot of things. For instance, is Clide even actually good?

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
If you make one of every unit, how can he counter you? You have one of every unit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users