Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2 Discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Aug 7 2010, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man this Iccup site is reeaaallllyy annoying.
http://www.iccup.com...af0/194672.html
Thats what you said to do but even now, when I'm logged out, it goes to all replays.
Bah screw it.

Did you uncheck the box that says 'hide replay from others'? That box is checked by default and unless you uncheck it, no one else can see it.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Cure @ Aug 7 2010, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you uncheck the box that says 'hide replay from others'? That box is checked by default and unless you uncheck it, no one else can see it.

Errgghh.
Of course I didn't! Duh!
Should be fixed now -_-'

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Aug 7 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you dont want to build pheonixes to counter mutas, ever. get archons, a couple of cannons in mineral line and push. make sure you have blink upgrade on stalker so you can blink the hurt ones to the back of your clump.

Why not? Nony used them to great effect against mutas before what changed?

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:frostfenix
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Oh man I cant believe I won against someone in plat league, got into it thinking, ah here we go again, gonna lose hard and fail into gold league, but suddenly after 2 or 3 losses I massed units early against this early expand zerg and won miraculously. I feel slightly more pro then I did before. Currently switched from protoss to terran main, subbing protoss.

But in regards to playing against PvT, I usually go early stalkers if I see a rack going tech instead of marine spam. Then from there I typically try and harass with my stalks and tech into the zeal running upgrade then either make three more gateways so I have 5 warp gates, and then tech for immortals or dt/ht depending on how they tech. If I see the opportunity to dt rush terran, I go for it, terran usually fail to protect against DT if they dont make ravens.

Aiming for the top ~ working to be the best.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Aug 7 2010, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Errgghh.
Of course I didn't! Duh!
Should be fixed now -_-'

Lol! I watched the replay mate and I'm not a T so I can't go indepth but first off. Why the hell would you give a replay on a NOVICE MAP?!? It makes it alot harder to tell your skill. As for the rest you did meh. In the last battle you mess your micro up, your thors just kept walking past them and got raped. Theres alot of smaller things you didnt do/did wrong which can really make a big difference if you add them all up. Like you put your expansion rally onto the gas and it had 7 SCV's mining from it. Thats 4 idle SCV's, which is like 300 minerals a minute just idling. You should have turned your command centers into orbitals alot sooner, and when you did you didnt use the energy. Orbitals can mule, scan and give extra supply to depots. You had two supply depots before your first rax, this is very inefficent, you dont need the extra supply and that SCV should have been building a barracks. You didnt get gas fully saturated for a while and you didn't take your second gas til later. Your hotkeys were ok, you had all your forces but you should have had your command centers and your unit producing buildings. Your c/c's are essential to hotkey, what if your in a fight and they have a cloaked unit. You need to go back to cc, back to your forces and then scan which your forces would have taken more damage. If hotkey you just press '5' then 'c' (i have grid hotkeys) without even moving your screen. Saves more time, same kinda thing for your barracks and stuff you can produce units without looking away from a battle, important if you wanna get good at macro/late game. Its just little things like that, your game sense was pretty good with the dropshit/ghosts/nuke though icon_smile.gif So yeah don't take that too harsh, your missing alot of little things that come with practice. It really does get to a point where you do them instinctively.

Have a couple more games with knowing what I said and post another replay. Also I couldn't tell cause it was a novice but make sure you scout early (like after your rax or first depot). And no novice map please (which means do your placement matches and jump into the leagues icon_biggrin.gif).

QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Aug 7 2010, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not? Nony used them to great effect against mutas before what changed?

I think its cause if you had the same food of each the muta win because of splash. Phoenix are only better if you micro them. Archons are still the best though.

Edited by Cure, 07 August 2010 - 01:24 AM.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Just beat a platinum player without cheesing (unless you count early voids as a cheese). Feels good man.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Cure @ Aug 7 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol! I watched the replay mate and I'm not a T so I can't go indepth but first off. Why the hell would you give a replay on a NOVICE MAP?!? It makes it alot harder to tell your skill. As for the rest you did meh. In the last battle you mess your micro up, your thors just kept walking past them and got raped. Theres alot of smaller things you didnt do/did wrong which can really make a big difference if you add them all up. Like you put your expansion rally onto the gas and it had 7 SCV's mining from it. Thats 4 idle SCV's, which is like 300 minerals a minute just idling. You should have turned your command centers into orbitals alot sooner, and when you did you didnt use the energy. Orbitals can mule, scan and give extra supply to depots. You had two supply depots before your first rax, this is very inefficent, you dont need the extra supply and that SCV should have been building a barracks. You didnt get gas fully saturated for a while and you didn't take your second gas til later. Your hotkeys were ok, you had all your forces but you should have had your command centers and your unit producing buildings. Your c/c's are essential to hotkey, what if your in a fight and they have a cloaked unit. You need to go back to cc, back to your forces and then scan which your forces would have taken more damage. If hotkey you just press '5' then 'c' (i have grid hotkeys) without even moving your screen. Saves more time, same kinda thing for your barracks and stuff you can produce units without looking away from a battle, important if you wanna get good at macro/late game. Its just little things like that, your game sense was pretty good with the dropshit/ghosts/nuke though icon_smile.gif So yeah don't take that too harsh, your missing alot of little things that come with practice. It really does get to a point where you do them instinctively.

Have a couple more games with knowing what I said and post another replay. Also I couldn't tell cause it was a novice but make sure you scout early (like after your rax or first depot). And no novice map please (which means do your placement matches and jump into the leagues icon_biggrin.gif).

Haha sorry man. Didn't know novice maps were bad!
I'm like a huge noob to all this. So I'm a bit behind in alot of the finer details. Really I gotta get on to making sure I have no Idles and being more efficient.(didn't even know about the SCV's mining gas icon_confused.gif) But you gave some good tips and Ill try and remember them when I go into my next round! And I'll post a reply when I get confident enough to do League icon_razz.gif.
Cheers Cure!

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Aug 6 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you dont want to build pheonixes to counter mutas, ever. get archons, a couple of cannons in mineral line and push. make sure you have blink upgrade on stalker so you can blink the hurt ones to the back of your clump.

Oh fuck me, I never even thought to build cannons at all, much less by my mineral line(s).

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
FUCKING LINKY

this is awesome! im especially stoked its global

10 pooling my way to victory

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 7 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh fuck me, I never even thought to build cannons at all, much less by my mineral line(s).

not sure if serious

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Aug 7 2010, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure if serious

My face when I/you realize I am very serious:

AKA:

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Aug 7 2010, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure if serious

lol! otaku is new to sc2 so go easy on him icon_razz.gif Otaku, I don't mind watching some of your replays if you want some help icon_smile.gif

And liquid, its kool man. Novice maps have those rocks where as real maps dont (well some do but they arent in the way really), so its a bad judge of how your playing. And yeah I thought you mite be new, you went straight for nukes and had some game sense so I'm guessing you've played C+C? For a first game ever you did do well so I would say play against the A.I. on normal maps (try normal difficulty first and if you beat it, take it up a notce) and then go online.

I also have some more replays, and I'll describe them better now.

Met PvP 4 gate rush held (plat vs plat)

SS PvZ banelin bust held (plat vs gold)

LT PvZ roach rushed held

DO PvT reaper rush held

I would say these are good ways to hold off these rushes as a protoss player. The PvP is a wicked game, quite quick (12 mins) and I can actually say I have the best timing ever icon_razz.gif

Edited by Cure, 07 August 2010 - 03:45 AM.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
QUOTE (Bl!ndf!re @ Aug 7 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FUCKING LINKY

this is awesome! im especially stoked its global

10 pooling my way to victory

Yeah I seen this on Huskys youtube. Its great news for e-sports! Will be intresting to see what happens when it all kicks off, kinda sucks that its lan only. But damn thats alot of money per month.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
Are they fucking serious? 85k? My God you could quit work for over a year.

AKA:

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 7 2010, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are they fucking serious? 85k? My God you could quit work for over a year.

And thats just first place, Ro64 all get prizes lol!

Zoom!

Zoom!
  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • xfire:jackabol33t
  • Interests:Music, Games and Sports.
  • PSN:Jick-Saw
This is gonna get the pros practicing icon_razz.gif

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 7 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My face when I/you realize I am very serious:

id help ya out with some custom games, but you know.. blizzard only believe in providing 1/3rd of a service when they launch games now.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Aug 7 2010, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
id help ya out with some custom games, but you know.. blizzard only believe in providing 1/3rd of a service when they launch games now.

Yeah man I wanted to ask you about this. So as it stands Blizzard wont allow cross server play for anyone until they believe the servers are fine tuned enough so that its playable? And that includes people on your friends list? What happens if you try to add someone from another server (I should just try but meh lol)?

man when cross server play is allowed we gotta get a pp tourny.

Edited by Cure, 07 August 2010 - 06:14 AM.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
Oh, wait, I missed the part about it being monthly. Screw quitting work for a year, retire before age 30.

AKA:

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Cure @ Aug 7 2010, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In regards to the whole P v T mech. I love immortals and hallucinating more immortals just for extra dmg.

? The hallucinated units don't actually deal damage..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users