Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2 Discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
all aussies should sign up to http://www.cybergame.../pc/sc2/ladder/ !

also, otaku, you should do the "pro" 4 gate build that i abuse in PvP,

9 pylon
12 gate
13 gas
15 cut probes
15 gate
15 core
start probes again
17 pylon
18 gas -? (not 100% sure on 2nd gas timing)
The gates and the core should finish at exactly the same time, 2 stalkers, warp gate tech, all 3 chrono'd
22 gate
24 gate
Pylon
Pylon closer to your opponents main
build zeal/stalker as required, sentry if needed
you win

If you scout a very early 2 gate from your opponent, make the first 2 stalkers and micro, then as you add the next 2 gate you start zealot.

Basically this build is perfectly timed to do maximum early damage/pressure, its incredible at pumping units, and really I haven't ever seen a counter to it. If your opp stays up his ramp you can get a robo and make obs, immortals or even colossii if he is going mass zeal, or you can even expand @_@

Edited by DethFanatic, 05 August 2010 - 06:57 AM.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Aug 5 2010, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all aussies should sign up to http://www.cybergame.../pc/sc2/ladder/ !

also, otaku, you should do the "pro" 4 gate build that i abuse in PvP,

9 pylon
12 gate
13 gas
15 cut probes
15 gate
15 core
start probes again
17 pylon
18 gas -? (not 100% sure on 2nd gas timing)
The gates and the core should finish at exactly the same time, 2 stalkers, warp gate tech, all 3 chrono'd
22 gate
24 gate
Pylon
Pylon closer to your opponents main
build zeal/stalker as required, sentry if needed
you win

If you scout a very early 2 gate from your opponent, make the first 2 stalkers and micro, then as you add the next 2 gate you start zealot.

Basically this build is perfectly timed to do maximum early damage/pressure, its incredible at pumping units, and really I haven't ever seen a counter to it. If your opp stays up his ramp you can get a robo and make obs, immortals or even colossii if he is going mass zeal, or you can even expand @_@

Doesn't it fail horribly at rushes or early pushes though, since you don't get your first units for like 5 minutes? That's actually when I started using the 2-gate, when my 4-gate got DEMOLISHED by his 2-gate because he had 6 zealots and I didn't even have a single combat unit yet.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 05 August 2010 - 07:09 AM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 5 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't it fail horribly at rushes or early pushes though, since you don't get your first units for like 5 minutes?

Not at all, if they rush for zeals you can tell by the fact that they have no gas, if they dont have gateway in their base when you scout (different timings on each map btw), you know its proxy zeal, so you just get a sentry, zeals and then go for 4 gate stalker. PvP is about adapting, to maps and to your opponent, or forcing them to adapt to you..this build is flexible in each of these roles.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Aug 5 2010, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not at all, if they rush for zeals you can tell by the fact that they have no gas, if they dont have gateway in their base when you scout (different timings on each map btw), you know its proxy zeal, so you just get a sentry, zeals and then go for 4 gate stalker. PvP is about adapting, to maps and to your opponent, or forcing them to adapt to you..this build is flexible in each of these roles.

Maybe that's my problem, then, shit scouting, or scouting too late. dcolon.png

Edited by otaku_4_life, 05 August 2010 - 07:13 AM.

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
I always scout after I place my pylon, I really like scouting early.

And fuck yeah I got promoted from rank 1 gold to plat and I've worked my way to rank 16 icon_biggrin.gif Thats enough for today though.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Cure @ Aug 5 2010, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always scout after I place my pylon, I really like scouting early.

And fuck yeah I got promoted from rank 1 gold to plat and I've worked my way to rank 16 icon_biggrin.gif Thats enough for today though.

I usually scout after I place my first gateway.

And grats. I'm probably going to be stuck in silver for a while because I'm bad. icon_sad.gif

AKA:

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 5 2010, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I usually scout after I place my first gateway.

And grats. I'm probably going to be stuck in silver for a while because I'm bad. icon_sad.gif

You can get away with it after your gateway depending on the map but I'd suggest doing it after your pylon. It does take extra apm but you could see a rush and counter it.

Play some more games and upload some which I'll watch later for you and give you tips dude.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Cure @ Aug 5 2010, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can get away with it after your gateway depending on the map but I'd suggest doing it after your pylon. It does take extra apm but you could see a rush and counter it.

Play some more games and upload some which I'll watch later for you and give you tips dude.

Will do, thanks. :3

AKA:

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
i still haven't gotten ranked in 1v1. im gonna finish up 1v1's today and see where i land. the awesome thing is that ive been playing a lot with some friends and a lot of 2v2's so im getting pretty good.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
GomTV is back

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=141496

Sounds pretty fuckin cool

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
I was placed in bronze, but then again 2 of my placement matches were losses due to my computer crashing...tried to push the q6600 a bit too far.

Fixed those problems and moved up to silver in a few matches, and was promoted to gold last night.
So im in the single digit ranks, and potentially on the way to plat...but i am winning about 2/3 of my games in gold so i am comfortable.

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
  • xfire:xsolideathx
  • Xbox / GFWL:xsolideathx
  • PSN:xsolideathx
  • Wii:8631256620113728
Don't you love when your playing a good TvP and you scout everything perfectly and counter his collosi with vikings while Siege leapfrogging and a good MMM. and hes pretty much locked down.

You take out his natural and then you do a triple drop behind his main and your taking out all of his pylons and then bam...

BSOD.

Its been a day and im still raging.

Edited by Solideath, 05 August 2010 - 02:25 PM.

Whose the noob??

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
i might be attending this even along with playing in their open comps with a few friends since i live in NC.

But prob not.

well snap the open comp for sc2 is sold out. icon_sad.gif

Edited by Solideath, 06 August 2010 - 01:11 PM.

Whose the noob??

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
this: that
Whose the noob??

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
Ok so here are some of my replays. I would say they're pretty alright. Theres 9 in total, I'll upload more at a later date.

BS PvZ

BS PvT

KR PvT

KR PvZ

Met PvZ

Met PvZ

SS PvP

XC PvZ

XC PvZ

KR = Kulas Ravine

BS = Blistering Sands

Met = Metropolis

SS = Scrap Station

XC = Xal'naga Caverns

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
TvP

I'm in silver league so it's not really worth watching unless you want to make fun of me or give some pointers

Obidan

Obidan
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • xfire:gendan
  • Xbox / GFWL:obigandan13
So, i played this match with this terran which i seemed to be winning, until he made a few thors and siege tanks at which point i got totally raped . I would really appreciate if you gave me some feedback
http://www.mediafire...cj55sfqgetnsuki

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
Can we get like an official 'Review my Replay' thread or something?

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
Lol yeah I was going to make one with my next bunch of replays. Fuck it though I'll make one and use the replays from earlier.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
Ok fellers, seems we have alot of people posting replays in seperate threads/making new ones I think its best we have an official thread where all replay related stuff goes (like the FPS Frag movie thread). I dont see why a mod wont sticky this as it should be quite an active thread icon_smile.gif

So yeah to get the ball rolling here are some of my replays!

I would say they're pretty alright. Theres 9 in total, I'll upload more at a later date. Incase anyone's wondering, I'm in the platinum league icon_smile.gif

BS PvZ

BS PvT

KR PvT

KR PvZ

Met PvZ

Met PvZ

SS PvP

XC PvZ

XC PvZ

KR = Kulas Ravine

BS = Blistering Sands

Met = Metropolis