Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2 Discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
  • xfire:th0za
  • Xbox / GFWL:Th0zA
QUOTE (Shmithers @ Jul 23 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.Midnight launch party; will be showing up at 6ish to wait in line for SC2 and my free mouse.

2. Go home and play all night long till I fall off my chair from sleep deprivation.

Bah my Best Buy isn't doing a midnight release. My Future Shop is though, first 20 get headset, first 50 get hat and poster.
To win rts, be prepared to lose...a lot.

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
  • xfire:xsolideathx
  • Xbox / GFWL:xsolideathx
  • PSN:xsolideathx
  • Wii:8631256620113728
QUOTE (Th0zA @ Jul 23 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bah my Best Buy isn't doing a midnight release. My Future Shop is though, first 20 get headset, first 50 get hat and poster.

Our shitty GS gave out posters for SC2 Pre orders 5 days prior to release. I payed mine off the day before they got them and went in the next day and they made me preorder something else to get it. Which i did. Dead Space 2 limited edition. Fucking Gamestop.
Whose the noob??

Gorthakk

Gorthakk
  • Members
  • 288 posts
Will go to uni then after uni will buy game (if it isnt sold out) then go home and play it for a few hours then sleep.

Release is exactly the same as beta for me but I have to pay $120 nzd :*(

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
I've got mine pre-ordered through a website so hopefully it'll be here on time icon_biggrin.gif

Is anyone doing the pre load/blizzard thing? You can pre-download it now and install it on 27th once it's unlocked and you pay on that day lol

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
QUOTE (Cure @ Jul 23 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got mine pre-ordered through a website so hopefully it'll be here on time icon_biggrin.gif

Is anyone doing the pre load/blizzard thing? You can pre-download it now and install it on 27th once it's unlocked and you pay on that day lol

I would if I didn't have a midnight release probably.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
jack shit, it's just a game, I'll may even wait a few days after release to install it.

Though I do look forward to the mass QQ from people going OMG SC2 sucks because it doesn't [insert really inane thing] like the original, waste of $60, blizz is corrupt so on and so forth, also complaining on how the campaign is too short for a full retail priced game (or maybe they'll be the campaign is too long/boring, we'll see)

that and all the they're dumbing the game down for noobs, and with those I think the ragethreads might become more entertaining than the game itself icon_razz.gif

Gorthakk

Gorthakk
  • Members
  • 288 posts
QUOTE (eedok @ Jul 24 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jack shit, it's just a game, I'll may even wait a few days after release to install it.

Though I do look forward to the mass QQ from people going OMG SC2 sucks because it doesn't [insert really inane thing] like the original, waste of $60, blizz is corrupt so on and so forth, also complaining on how the campaign is too short for a full retail priced game (or maybe they'll be the campaign is too long/boring, we'll see)

that and all the they're dumbing the game down for noobs, and with those I think the ragethreads might become more entertaining than the game itself icon_razz.gif

Except anyone who cares about the game has been in the beta for a good month, the only thing that people dont know about is the SP.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Gorthakk @ Jul 24 2010, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Except anyone who cares about the game has been in the beta for a good month, the only thing that people dont know about is the SP.

It's been in beta since march...

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
I wouldnt mind going to a midnight release just for the social aspect. I probably wont even be able to play since i have work the next day. The free stuff they are giving away seems interesting but i thought razer was going to be having give aways as well with their sc2 gear.

Ill probably use the keyboard (microsoft basic) i used for the beta, but who knows...maybe a keyboard that changes colour depending on your apm might be useful. lol

JunKey

JunKey
  • Members
  • 96 posts
Going to GS for the midnight release only because I wanted it at midnight of course. Gonna talk to some people then head home for some serious online mp action. I really hope the servers aren't fubar.
I less than three the internet.

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
I'm torn...

Wait in line for 6 hours to get free headset, hat, and poster.

Or wait in line for an hour and just get the game.

What do I do? icon_surprised.gif

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (JunKey @ Jul 24 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really hope the servers aren't fubar.

It's quite likely that they will be.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
QUOTE (retrovirus @ Jul 24 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldnt mind going to a midnight release just for the social aspect. I probably wont even be able to play since i have work the next day. The free stuff they are giving away seems interesting but i thought razer was going to be having give aways as well with their sc2 gear.

Ill probably use the keyboard (microsoft basic) i used for the beta, but who knows...maybe a keyboard that changes colour depending on your apm might be useful. lol

If you notice the keyboard changing color your apm will drop, I've never got the need for illuminated keyboards for hardcore computer users, as how many of them even look at the keyboard at all, if you're not able to feel your way around a keyboard you shouldn't be worried about your apm bastard spoiler tag

Edited by eedok, 24 July 2010 - 06:54 PM.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Waiting until it's pretty much the same price as SC1 so I can buy it for the singleplayer and not have to pay $100+.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
APM TECHNHOLOGY!!!!

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jul 24 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Waiting until it's pretty much the same price as SC1 so I can buy it for the singleplayer and not have to pay $100+.

For the game or 3 games?

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
QUOTE (Th0zA @ Jul 25 2010, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the game or 3 games?

He's talking AUD dude and games are expensive in aussieland. On a serious note though, the game is not gonna drop price for a long time. It'll be a huge success and why would a company lower the price of something that sells? Thats a rhetorical question btw.

Edited by Cure, 24 July 2010 - 11:44 PM.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
It will be $100 in EBGames for at least 2 years lol

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
You aussies are on the north america server right?

Silver_Kyle

Silver_Kyle
  • Members
  • 293 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:silverkyle
I work at 7:30am on the 27th... and I'll be somewhat of zombie by the time my shift is over. My brother on the other hand has been unemployed since May and will be still be playing the damn thing as I head to work.
- Currently playing: StarCraft II (PC), Mario Kart 7 (3DS), Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
- Can't wait for: Twisted Metal (PS3), Halo 4 (360), Grand Theft Auto V (360), Diablo III (PC) and the PS Vita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users