Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2 Discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I saw a brilliant idea and came up with one of my own.

First is to change Reapers. I say give them more health and change it so that to make them you need atleast and engineering bay and allow them to have stim. Possibly even something later on like an Armory if stim is too OP if someone say gets an engineering bay before their second rax or so. I'm just thinking of a way to make the Reaper more then an early game harrass unit before it's never used again ever in the late early/middle/late game.

Next is to introduce the Lurker. Obviously have it good against the M&M ball, and make it a tier 2 unit for fucks sake. Then take the Hydra and make it stronger against mech units so that Zerg isn't stuck and has more room like Terran does in it's matchups with other races.

What do you think of my ideas? Have any of your own? Just curious to hear your thoughts on this.

Edited by Rakielis, 07 August 2010 - 11:13 AM.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
eh reaper is fine the way it is imo, i have seen them used all game long TvP to great effect and they play a great role in mindgames. If you give it more health then you really have to lower the damage, so it'll end up being a glorified marine.

I'm not sure how lurkers would affect balance, but i tend to think it would end up being really stupid because of nydus canals. There should definately be another zerg combat unit, but I'd like to see some innovation and fresh design rather than revert to 1998 ideas.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Well I think lurkers would be a good idea because how they work mechanic wise.

True about the Reapers. I mean it is fun to do some silly stuff with them against lesser opponents but I mean the building attack is very usefull if you have about 10 of them. They basically 4 shot a nexus ect.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
i really want bliz to switch hydralisk with roaches (so hydra is tier 1.5 and roaches=2). maybe nerf hydra damage/health a bit or something and bring back the speed upgrade. then i might consider going back to zerg...

Toasted

Toasted
  • Members
  • 200 posts
reapers are fine tbh, 4 of them they can take down probes 1 hit and pylons in about 2 seconds. buffing them would make them op in early game but might bring them out a bit more in mid/late if they can take a hit from a stalker with out dieing. as for stims, no. they can take down building absurdly fast as they are and if you give them stimpacks, they would just nuke your cc nexus or hatch in seconds then your tech then its gg, you wont have time to react and the effectiveness of reapers would increase dramatically, and then every game you will see reapers every where.

as for a new zerg unit, maybe and switching roaches with hydras seems like a nice idea given the necessary changes to fit their new tier level. but if you nerf hydras to make them 1.5, then you are nerfing the most effective aa that zerg has, but then you can bring in a new unit like you where saying to compensate for the minor loss.

i personally would nerf void rays abit more, increase their cost or give them another requirement or something, because they are fuckin annoying if they are massed, even though it can be countered easily providing you scout, which a good player does, i usually forgot to scan and my mm+siege tanks gets hammered coz im a noob, but w/e, i hate void rays >:(

Edited by Toasted, 01 June 2010 - 02:38 PM.

Damn, i just shot Marvin in the face... - Vincent Vega

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
I think we should get rid of zerglings and have only banelings build directly from larva. Zerglings are such a starcraft 1 unit.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Jun 1 2010, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we should get rid of zerglings and have only banelings build directly from larva. Zerglings are such a starcraft 1 unit.

Get rid of drones and have the queen poop out buildings. Besides getting minerals and gas is over-rated and is such a Starcraft 1 thing to do.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (Toasted @ Jun 2 2010, 05:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as for a new zerg unit, maybe and switching roaches with hydras seems like a nice idea given the necessary changes to fit their new tier level. but if you nerf hydras to make them 1.5, then you are nerfing the most effective aa that zerg has, but then you can bring in a new unit like you where saying to compensate for the minor loss.

well you could make hydras a bit cheaper i guess. if you just nerf their health and damage slightly but make them cheaper + bring back the speed upgrade, i think it should be quite balanced.

QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Jun 2 2010, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get rid of drones and have the queen poop out buildings. Besides getting minerals and gas is over-rated and is such a Starcraft 1 thing to do.

lol

sG Core asheS

sG Core asheS
  • Banned
  • 573 posts
sorry, kinda off topic but i'm new to SC and sorta getting srs about it

I had a question, usually i like to play T but my off race is Z, now.. when i play people who are T as Z they demolish my zerglings.. like, suppose that i have 14 zerglings, and i push for my initial economy harass, and they have 4 marines, they ALWAYS seem to take out my lings.. however, when the tables are turned, and it's the complete opposite situation and im playing T with say 5 or 6 marines and they push with lings i can never seem to take them out..

at this point, i seem to lose and rage quit, what can i do to counter these god damn lings when they aren't using any micro at all and just plainly coming into my base and wiping my marines? and i did some research because i thought that it was because of Stim-Packs, but when i watch my replay they never have the barracks add-on..

someone please help?
-sG

p.s. willing to play in 1v1s and take the loss so that i can learn.. xfire me - sgcoreashes
I'm Teh Best Mayne...I Deed It!! Eli
Leader of Eur Gunna Lose Gaming. [egL]
Watch It!

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
don't blindly charge in with lings up a ramp where they have marines... lings are for early game defense and mid-late game vs mech or for morphing into banelings. You wont be able to do any economy harassment early game as zerg unless you cheese with a 6-8pool on a small 2 player map.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Jun 4 2010, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't blindly charge in with lings up a ramp where they have marines... lings are for early game defense and mid-late game vs mech or for morphing into banelings. You wont be able to do any economy harassment early game as zerg unless you cheese with a 6-8pool on a small 2 player map.

Especially considering how scary the workers can eat lings.

Edited by Sir Kyle Aziz, 04 June 2010 - 09:36 PM.

sG Core asheS

sG Core asheS
  • Banned
  • 573 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Jun 4 2010, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well to be honest i really dont like playing zerg all that much, i prefer Terran, but what the fucks up with me not being able to kill the lings in game?
*put you flame pants on* if i play a custom SP game, and the computer rushes me with lings i'm fucked because i can't counter them with my marines, i've had like 15 marines and they still kill me, idk what i'm doing wrong.. and my APM isn't high enough to get stim packs up before they rush..

as a reference here's the build i've been using.. kinda basic.

i get 9 scv's mining
10th scv makes depot
then mines, 11th makes barracks
12-max mine
when 11 is done with first Bar. makes another
another depot
then i get gas
then by this point i've been rushed and i'm fucked..

if not i go siege tanks and TRY to all-in attack with around.. 5 tanks a few marines and some firebats and usually get smacked around by colonies/bunkers/cannons..
please help P:

Edited by sG Core asheS, 04 June 2010 - 09:43 PM.

Watch It!

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
This is a SC2 thread dude.

sG Core asheS

sG Core asheS
  • Banned
  • 573 posts
P:
read it too quickly, very sorry

Edited by sG Core asheS, 04 June 2010 - 10:06 PM.

Watch It!

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
  • xfire:xsolideathx
  • Xbox / GFWL:xsolideathx
  • PSN:xsolideathx
  • Wii:8631256620113728
Just wanted to know.

A few of my friends and I are going to the midnight release and buying energy drinks. I have the 27th and 28th off so I'm going to hammer on campaign first since i got a lot of multi in beta. Then i will get my placements done.

Game plan is beer, energy drinks, pizza rolls and other junk food.

I also intend to see if i can get other peoples emails at my gamestop(ugh) to establish a local friend base for the game.

Maybe we can have a PP get together and have some silly 4v4's and possibly a PPtourny icon_surprised.gif

Edited by Solideath, 22 July 2010 - 01:54 PM.

Whose the noob??

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Probobly just get the game go home and play it for an obscenely long ass amount of time.

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
Im gonna get there at like 11 or 12 depending on whether its having a release party, chewwy bought his at the same one so hopefully he'll come with

but yeah energy drinks + long hours of play

looking forward too it icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
I probably won't buy it at midnight but I will definitely buy it the day it comes out and celebrate the release by drinking Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:frostfenix
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
This is why I hate summer school, tuesday is my second to last day before exams which blows, but I plan on buying it at bestbuy at either midnight, or afternoon since I already have it preordered. But eventually after finals and all, just gonna get grinding on bnet or camp, depends if I'm in the mood to go through the story or just smush people. But yeah, just super lame that it just conviently has to be on the week of my finals.

Aiming for the top ~ working to be the best.

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
  • xfire:th0za
  • Xbox / GFWL:Th0zA
I plan on going to the midnight release. Hopefully meeting some local players since all my friends make fun of me for playing games. I just tell them they remind me of ghey so it all works out. icon_biggrin.gif

Then my plan is to play 1000 games by the time classes start back up on Sept. 7

The first night especially I plan on making chain pots of coffee and not sleeping until I pass out on keyboard. Should be good times.
To win rts, be prepared to lose...a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users