Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ready, Set

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

williamhfartz

williamhfartz
  • Banned
  • 72 posts
http://video.google....19560256183936#

Go. Also effects Canada (because you have a fractional banking system as well.) Infact, the countries that don't have these illegal government controlling central banks (tied to the IMF world bank) the United Nation has 'sanctions' (meaning ultimatly war and fraud) applied to them. You know what that looks like, iraq afgan. If laden did 9/11 then why invade and kill innocent iraq/afgan citizens. 2.6 million innocent dead and counting. Why haven't the FBI indited laden, the FBI's own words "We do not have the evidence."

"Can this be used as an excuse to go to war with the middle east" -Rumsfeld.

(Please watch in entirety before posting. Or else you have nothing to say and will be ignored)

Edited by williamhfartz, 19 May 2010 - 05:16 PM.

Meh rig:Asus z62F/Core 2 t2300/1g 533hrtz
Meh ak:GP 1975 w/this,tapco trigger,us spec barrel/receiver, 7.62x39
"I had to gain experience as I did not have a technical education." -Mikhail Kalashnikov
rekcahsc7331

Fin

Fin
  • Members
  • 1,347 posts
Not this bullshit again.

You know what that looks like, iraq afgan

Yes, it was United Nations (which is pretty mutch just an open forum for nations to voice their concerns) who invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, not United States of America & Friends.
If laden did 9/11 then why invade and kill innocent iraq/afgan citizens.

1.Something about oil, establishing "democratic" arab nation which could then influence it's not so democratic neighbours, causing a domino effect in the region..
2.IF you do not know why USA invaded Afghanistan, there is no reason to discuss with you on the subject.

Or maybe they were invaded just for the shit and giggles.
2.6 million innocent dead and counting.

source. now. do it. I dare you.
Why haven't the FBI indited laden, the FBI's own words "We do not have the evidence."

1.That is not what FBI said
2.You are twisting their words to suit your own crackpot agenda
3.I am not suprised
4.You are an idiot.

(Please watch in entirety before posting. Or else you have nothing to say and will be ignored)

I dont need to watch it to know that its just another freaking Conspiracy video, aimed at young people who belive what ever they are told by "an authority figure". Well atleast if the person SOUNDS like one.

You know, I miss the good old days when everything was simple, and instead of these crazy complicated conspiracy videos everyone just said "Blame the Jews" and moved on with their lifes.

Where have the good old days gone? icon_sad.gif

Edited by Fin, 20 May 2010 - 12:15 AM.

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
QUOTE (williamhfartz @ May 20 2010, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://video.google....19560256183936#

Go. Also effects Canada (because you have a fractional banking system as well.) Infact, the countries that don't have these illegal government controlling central banks (tied to the IMF world bank) the United Nation has 'sanctions' (meaning ultimatly war and fraud) applied to them. You know what that looks like, iraq afgan. If laden did 9/11 then why invade and kill innocent iraq/afgan citizens. 2.6 million innocent dead and counting. Why haven't the FBI indited laden, the FBI's own words "We do not have the evidence."

"Can this be used as an excuse to go to war with the middle east" -Rumsfeld.

If you want people to discuss something like this with you, don't force them to watch 3 hours of amateurish conspiracy theory beforehand. People who get all excited with "evidence" like, "the federal reserve is a private corporation because it isn't in the governmental section of the phone-book" or, "the name Federal Reserve was purposely given to confuse the public", are egotistical losers; they think everyone apart from themselves are idiots; they themselves think the population is stupid and needs to be guided; they are the dangerous people. They can never tell the difference between incompetence and mischief, and even when it's obvious they pretend otherwise, because it undermines all they live and work for (Alex Jones, David Icke, etc.).

I am not going to watch your stupid documentary; I consider my time more valuable, even if I waste it far more often that I should like. So I'm not going to discuss the economic issues that this film apparently confronts, but I will say a few things concerning the war. Yes, here too the chief problem is incompetence. For heavens sake, do you really think it's in the US interest to remain in Iraq for eternity, wasting trillions of Dollars for nothing? Do you really think it's in their interest to not get rid of the Taliban?! The reason we're in Afghanistan today is because we want to control the pipelines, and with a religious fundamentalist government that is impossible.

Look at this:
This is how the pentagon thinks it can rebuild Afganistan. They are positively insane!
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

SkyggeN

SkyggeN
  • Members
  • 405 posts
  • xfire:skyggendk
QUOTE (Fin @ May 20 2010, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, it was United Nations (which is pretty mutch just an open forum for nations to voice their concerns) who invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, not United States of America & Friends.

I'm not looking yo go into this debate I just wanted to correct an error here.
While the U.N. did indeed approve of going into Afghanistan it did not, however, approve of going into Iraq.
The Iraq invasion is solely the decision of the US, who gathered the support of other countries in what they labelled (wrongfully) "The coalition of the willing". US invasion of Iraq was "justified" by what has been known as The Bush Doctrine (which deals with preemptive strikes).

If you were being sarcastic and actually meant the opposite of what you wrote I didn't catch it and I'm sorry.

EDIT: Actually looking over your response, I think it was directed sarcastically at the OP. Didn't catch that until now, sorry.

Edited by SkyggeN, 20 May 2010 - 09:45 AM.

williamhfartz

williamhfartz
  • Banned
  • 72 posts
And how did I know that people would come in "I dont needz 2 watch cunspiracyyaazz videos"

You see,

If you did not watch the film, you have nothing to say. Period.

It's full of quotes, documented history shown in black in white.

It was made by 3 ex-bankers in the late 90's

Conspiracy video it is most defiantly not.

You can get the same info faster if you watch the first 25 mins of "Zeitgeist 2." Do not watch beyond 30 mins of the film because they're suggested solution is horrible.

Here is a report of over a million
http://www.fair.org/...x.php?page=3321

1.5-2 Mil
http://www.countercu...polya071007.htm

Honestly who knows the exact number.

QUOTE (Fin @ May 20 2010, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not this bullshit again.

1.Something about oil, establishing "democratic" arab nation which could then influence it's not so democratic neighbours, causing a domino effect in the region..
2.IF you do not know why USA invaded Afghanistan, there is no reason to discuss with you on the subject.

Or maybe they were invaded just for the shit and giggles.

source. now. do it. I dare you.

1.That is not what FBI said
2.You are twisting their words to suit your own crackpot agenda
3.I am not suprised
4.You are an idiot.

I dont need to watch it to know that its just another freaking Conspiracy video, aimed at young people who belive what ever they are told by "an authority figure". Well atleast if the person SOUNDS like one.

You know, I miss the good old days when everything was simple, and instead of these crazy complicated conspiracy videos everyone just said "Blame the Jews" and moved on with their lifes.

Where have the good old days gone? icon_sad.gif

Alright you stupid fucking retarded cunt. Few things to say to you.

First of all this is all information you can go look up in a library. This is NOT CONSPIRACY. PERIOD. Most people prefer videos because rarely people will read anymore. I forget the percentage that actually read news papers or books front to back, but it is a sadly low one.

The Division NATO invaded, America has a top role in it.

The UN is the center of global government, Global banks, and "Global retribution." The league of nations was as well, until it failed when the countries who joined it got wind of the tyranny and corruption. Any treaty made with the UN can over-ride local and constitutional law. If barry wanted to make a treaty with them saying no guns, no due process, it could be done. The atrny general also now has the power to ban firearms.

Your type is the ignore/justification type. Until there are obama (aka real name barry soetoro) stazi patrolling the street with ak's taking your guns you won't do shit about real problems, or even admit that they are there.

I was once like you. NOOO. IT CANNOT BE. THIS CANNOT BE. Until actual fucking RESEARCH lead me other wise, and it took years.

I still have trouble believing the black and white on paper admitted documented facts. We were all that brainwashed and conformed....

Earth's still flat right?

http://www.globalres...n...va&aid=3246
"He has not been formally indicted and charged in connection with 9/11 because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting bin Laden to 9/11.€

"HE HAS NOT BEEN FORMALLY INDITED AND CHARGED IN CONNECTION WITH 9/11 BECAUSE THE FBI HAS NO HARD EVIDENCE CONNECTING BIN LADEN TO 9/11."

Master of puppets are pulling your strings -Metallica.

The good ol days have been gone since 1913, when the Federal Reserve Act was passed through a low attendance congress. I think it was december 25'th or 24th, but most were out with family while it was signed in, nobody read it, the speakers were also bribed. The act before the federal reserve act "The Aldrich Bill" failed to pass a full attendance congress, because most knew Aldrich, rockerfeller, rothchild, morgans, etc, were power loving foreign banksters hell bent on getting fraudulent money systems to pass countries to bribe governments and steal the nations wealth.

I can't believe you fucking sleep at night asshat. Watch the fucking vid, an hour of it at least, and attempt to post an intelligent response again. Go look who owns the major media companies, and you'll know why none of this info is pressed on TV. Don't give me that glen beck BS, he will tell you half truths then present a solution that is a lie, to blow out one system of control for a more acceptable system of control. I fully expect the Fed Reserve and IRS to be fully exposed and replaced with something more tyrannical. The war is in your mind, DEFEAT IT!!

May the ones with brains listen to the information, and the ones without perish when they come for our weapons.

I will not perish, period. The Good American People WILL WIN. WE WILL WIN.

Edited by williamhfartz, 20 May 2010 - 01:45 PM.

Meh rig:Asus z62F/Core 2 t2300/1g 533hrtz
Meh ak:GP 1975 w/this,tapco trigger,us spec barrel/receiver, 7.62x39
"I had to gain experience as I did not have a technical education." -Mikhail Kalashnikov
rekcahsc7331

Fin

Fin
  • Members
  • 1,347 posts

First of all this is all information you can go look up in a library. This is NOT CONSPIRACY. PERIOD. Most people prefer videos because rarely people will read anymore. I forget the percentage that actually read news papers or books front to back, but it is a sadly low one.

Then you can easily just post your arguments here (with sources if possible) because I am debating against YOU, not "3 ex bankers who worked in the 90's".

1.Internet is here. If you can find your evidence in library, then you can find it on the internet.
2.It is sad that people have stopped reading, personaly I blame Two And Half Men.
The Division NATO invaded, America has a top role in it.

I have no idea what this means, could you be more specific? You are talking about Afghan war right?
The UN is the center of global government, Global banks, and "Global retribution." The league of nations was as well, until it failed when the countries who joined it got wind of the tyranny and corruption. Any treaty made with the UN can over-ride local and constitutional law. If barry wanted to make a treaty with them saying no guns, no due process, it could be done. The atrny general also now has the power to ban firearms.

1.If UN is a center of a global goverment, its a fucking weak one.For example, in recent "Lets get together and share our fealings" meating, eatch member had 15 minutes to speak. Hugo Chavez decided to speak 50 minutes, and UN (who fucking owned the building, organized the meeting and who gave eatch memeber their turn to speak) was POWERLESS to stop one fat ass loser from spouting his nonsense.

Thats your "One World Goverment" right there.
2.League of Nations failed because it had absolutely no way to enforce the decisions made by democratic goverments. Joe the Dictator decides to start a war against neighbouring country and steal all their resources? Well.. LoN could always send him a angry letter, but thats pretty mutch it.

And thats how UN was born, from the ashes of one weak organization. This is pretty mutch common knowledgement.

3.Ofcourse treaty made with UN can over ride local laws (not sure about constitution). That is ofcourse if the countrys parlament / senate / Mambojambo Shaman passes the treary first. But if UN members A,B,C,D and E decide to pass a treaty X, country P doesnt have to pass it if they do not want to.

4.Actually Barack Obama can not sign a treaty with the "UN" (which is not a country / goverment...), your congress is the only one who has the power to do that. President is the one who signs the law (correct me if I am wrong). YOu may wanna focus more on your civic class.

5.No, I am pretty sure Attorney General does not have the power to ban guns. See you americans have this nifty little thing called "Constitution".
Your type is the ignore/justification type. Until there are obama (aka real name barry soetoro) stazi patrolling the street with ak's taking your guns you won't do shit about real problems, or even admit that they are there.

1.I personaly think of my self as the romantic fool type.

2.His birth certificate says "Barack Obama" for your information

3.Its spelled "Stasi", not "Stazi", and they didnt actually patroll the streets with guns, they more like observed, collected reports and then arrested the people who didnt like living in totalitarian hellhole. But I am sure you already knew that, didnt yoU?
"He has not been formally indicted and charged in connection with 9/11 because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting bin Laden to 9/11.�‚�

"HE HAS NOT BEEN FORMALLY INDITED AND CHARGED IN CONNECTION WITH 9/11 BECAUSE THE FBI HAS NO HARD EVIDENCE CONNECTING BIN LADEN TO 9/11."

Allow me to respond :
In order to be listed on the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitive list, the suspect must have been indicted for the crime. To indict Bin Laden formally for the 9/11 attacks would require presenting evidence in a court of law; such evidence linking Bin Laden to 9/11 would include intelligence sources, and Al-Qaeda detainees. Making such sources (and methods) publicly known, perhaps isn't advised. In the Zacarias Moussaoui case, a big deal was made over access to detainee witnesses and about handling evidence from other intelligence sources.

In all, the 9/11 attacks were viewed as an "act of war", and the U.S. government is responding accordingly. During the Clinton administration, terrorism was handled more as a matter of law enforcement. This change in how terrorism is handled may be yet another reason why the U.S. government has not bothered to formally indict Bin Laden for the 9/11 attacks.

Regarding this matter, FBI officials told the Washington Post:

"There's no mystery here," said FBI spokesman Rex Tomb. "They could add 9/11 on there, but they have not because they don't need to at this point. . . . There is a logic to it." [1]

The FBI also maintains a list of "Most Wanted Terrorists". This list is accompanied by a note:

The alleged terrorists on this list have been indicted by sitting Federal Grand Juries in various jurisdictions in the United States for the crimes reflected on their wanted posters. Evidence was gathered and presented to the Grand Juries, which led to their being charged. The indictments currently listed on the posters allow them to be arrested and brought to justice. Future indictments may be handed down as various investigations proceed in connection to other terrorist incidents, for example, the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. [2]

A document released by the U.K. government, Responsibility for the terrorist atrocities in the United States, 11 September 2001 presents facts that link Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda to the 9/11 attacks.

The U.K. document further notes:

This document does not purport to provide a prosecutable case against Usama Bin Laden in a court of law. Intelligence often cannot be used evidentially, due both to the strict rules of admissibility and to the need to protect the safety of sources. But on the basis of all the information available HMG is confident of its conclusions as expressed in this document.

http://www.debunk911...t_Wanted_poster

The good ol days have been gone since 1913, when the Federal Reserve Act was passed through a low attendance congress. I think it was december 25'th or 24th, but most were out with family while it was signed in, nobody read it, the speakers were also bribed. The act before the federal reserve act "The Aldrich Bill" failed to pass a full attendance congress, because most knew Aldrich, rockerfeller, rothchild, morgans, etc, were power loving foreign banksters hell bent on getting fraudulent money systems to pass countries to bribe governments and steal the nations wealth.

All you have to do is prove all of this nonsense with hard facts and evidence, and you have your self a Nobel price.

Good luck with that.
I can't believe you fucking sleep at night asshat. Watch the fucking vid, an hour of it at least, and attempt to post an intelligent response again. Go look who owns the major media companies, and you'll know why none of this info is pressed on TV. Don't give me that glen beck BS, he will tell you half truths then present a solution that is a lie, to blow out one system of control for a more acceptable system of control. I fully expect the Fed Reserve and IRS to be fully exposed and replaced with something more tyrannical. The war is in your mind, DEFEAT IT!!

1.Ritch people own alot of big companies, what a suprise.
2.I do not watch Glen Beck
3.You keep fighting your invisible war in your mind, I on the other hand will go down to the beach and get drunk.

Viva la Summer time !!

Edited by Fin, 21 May 2010 - 04:03 AM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
AFTER WATCHING EVERY SECOND OF THAT VIDEO:

Did you know... that dinosaurs are still alive. Because birds are dinosaurs... and they're everywhere.

Think about it.

After thinking about this, this is actually a much more profound post than I thought it was...

PS: I didn't even click the link.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
Ironic how we kill and set out to conquer in the name of oil when in a couple hundred years time we will be running on a different, more abundant source of energy. Ignorant people will be ignorant.

There within lies a power struggle, when people wake up and realize they cannot afford to pay $80 for a gallon of gas will we see a radical change in the way we run the world. The end of corporate finance and banking is coming soon.

Edited by Riddle, 24 May 2010 - 06:53 AM.

Fin

Fin
  • Members
  • 1,347 posts
Ironic how we kill and set out to conquer in the name of oil when in a couple hundred years time we will be running on a different, more abundant source of energy.

The end of corporate finance and banking is coming soon.

I loled :/

CaptainBaconMan

CaptainBaconMan
  • GA Private
  • 558 posts
  • xfire:nintendohead2003
  • Interests:Mountain Boarding, Drawing, Swimming, Hiking, Gaming, Amateur Computer Construction, Particle Physics, Chemistry, Theoretical Physics, Ultimate, Airsoft, Percussion, Professional Rescue, White Water Rafting and Kayaking, Graphic Design, Software, and Music (I'll listen to pretty much anything).
  • Steam ID:CaptainBaconMan
  • PSN:Captain-BaconMan
  • Wii:7212264688885515
  • Gamer Army ID:4445
  • Company:India
This is a complete joke, I can't believe people are still dumb enough to believe the Zeitgeist movies.

QUOTE (Dylantendo @ Feb 25 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What?! An unrealistic video game?? That's absurd!

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
QUOTE (Fin @ May 24 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loled :/

laugh all you like. Our energy crisis is a very serious one, that's why we are constantly policing and securing our main source of energy, oil. In a couple hundred years time, when we exhaust all oil on the planet, we better have developed an alternative source or else we are pretty much doomed.

On another note, we are underestimating the impact exponential growth can cause especially to energy and population crisis. Monetary growth also follows an exponential growth, 3%-6% annual growth translates to more than 10 times the size of todays economy in a mere 60 years! Debt grows at 10% annually. You dont need me to tell you what kind of impact that will have on us with that kind of growth. If you study exponential growth carefully, you will quickly realize that it is unsustainable. So yeh, continue to be oblivious to our current situation and think the world is going to be fine and we are making up stories.
http://www.eveofthea...btVsGrowth.html
http://www.webpotent...tial_growth.htm

As you can see, markets have been on the downturn in the past few days. We could likely be heading for another global recession.

QUOTE (CaptainBaconMan @ May 25 2010, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a complete joke, I can't believe people are still dumb enough to believe the Zeitgeist movies.

The zietgeist movies are pretty much nailed on in terms of it's interpretation of the monetary system and US global agenda. They also made religion look insignificant aswell. Kudos to them.

Edited by Riddle, 24 May 2010 - 11:47 PM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Riddle @ May 24 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh all you like. Our energy crisis is a very serious one, that's why we are constantly policing and securing our main source of energy, oil. In a couple hundred years time, when we exhaust all oil on the planet, we better have developed an alternative source or else we are pretty much doomed.

he was laughing because you said soon was a couple hundred years time. In the last hundred years we've switched our primary means of power from coal to gas. There's no saying what will happen in the next couple let alone the next hundred. Hybrid cars alone will have a tremendous impact. If it were a problem we weren't aware of, it would be much more problematic than it is. We are, however, quite aware of it and investing heavily in other energy sources. We will be fine.

Also, we will never run out of oil. It's sound economics.

edit: it's also sound science.

Also, zeitgeist points out little known things about our banking system, but it paints them all badly, when in reality it is the only thing holding the economy together. Unless you think it's smart for corporations to keep all their money backed up in gold in huge warehouses out in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by way2lazy2care, 25 May 2010 - 12:54 AM.

Give me LoL Referals.

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 25 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he was laughing because you said soon was a couple hundred years time. In the last hundred years we've switched our primary means of power from coal to gas. There's no saying what will happen in the next couple let alone the next hundred. Hybrid cars alone will have a tremendous impact. If it were a problem we weren't aware of, it would be much more problematic than it is. We are, however, quite aware of it and investing heavily in other energy sources. We will be fine.

Also, we will never run out of oil. It's sound economics.

I could be mistaken when I said couple hundred years time, that is just a time frame. It could be more or less. Put it this way, we will eventually need a new source of energy.

We will never run out of oil??? Are u mad or ignorant? Keep believing this and see what happens in the next 50 years.

Also, zeitgeist points out little known things about our banking system, but it paints them all badly, when in reality it is the only thing holding the economy together. Unless you think it's smart for corporations to keep all their money backed up in gold in huge warehouses out in the middle of nowhere.

That's like saying you are trapped in a box, but the box is what is protecting you from your mum whooping your ass. It's time we face up to some facts. We are eating up resources at an exponential rate so that our economy can grow at an exponential rate. We cannot sustain our planet or life on it with this continued growth. Sooner or later, we will exhaust everything and for what? So you can have more cash in your bank account? fucking ridiculous. You cant eat money. You cant build a house made out of money. Corporations need to move away from generating more profits and move to ensuring they are living within sustainable means. That's all that is needed. A shift in the way we think. Is it going to happen? I doubt so. With idiots like you thinking oil wont run out.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Riddle @ May 25 2010, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could be mistaken when I said couple hundred years time, that is just a time frame. It could be more or less. Put it this way, we will eventually need a new source of energy.

We will never run out of oil??? Are u mad or ignorant? Keep believing this and see what happens in the next 50 years.

I guarantee it. We will never run out of oil. It's impossible on a global scale. We could reach a point where oil becomes so expensive it's not realistic to use it as an energy source, but we will never run out.

http://economics.abo..._out_of_oil.htm

And we already have new sources of energy. We have tons of them. Solar, Wind, Tidal, Dams, Nuclear, etc. Using hybrid cars would reduce gasoline consumption in the US by close to 50% (saw this on Nova the other day).

We are in much less of a bind than you think we are.

That's like saying you are trapped in a box, but the box is what is protecting you from your mum whooping your ass. It's time we face up to some facts. We are eating up resources at an exponential rate so that our economy can grow at an exponential rate. We cannot sustain our planet or life on it with this continued growth. Sooner or later, we will exhaust everything and for what? So you can have more cash in your bank account? fucking ridiculous. You cant eat money. You cant build a house made out of money. Corporations need to move away from generating more profits and move to ensuring they are living within sustainable means. That's all that is needed. A shift in the way we think. Is it going to happen? I doubt so. With idiots like you thinking oil wont run out.

yea... corporations should give us all hugs! And buy me ice cream and rainbows!

Capitalism works fine. Eventually, there will be a point where it is no longer profitable for corporations to function on a non-sustainable basis, and we are near that point. Companies like google are already making significant investments into having energy footprints a fraction of the size they would normally be through investment in renewable resources. It's happening in manufacturing too. There are companies everywhere making enormous investments into building themselves into green organizations. why? Because it makes them feel nice inside? NO! because it is profitable for them. Get off your high horse of profit = bad. If you really think that, you shouldn't be working anywhere that uses anything but renewable resources, and you should reinvest every penny you earn into renewable resources.
Give me LoL Referals.

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 25 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guarantee it. We will never run out of oil. It's impossible on a global scale. We could reach a point where oil becomes so expensive it's not realistic to use it as an energy source, but we will never run out.

lol. can economics explain the meaning of depletion? Oil, like every other fossil fuel is unrenewable and will eventually run out. Get that through your thick head. We arent talking about money making the cost of oil expensive to dig. Take the money factor away and assume we can dig for as much as we want. Oil will run out..Agreed??

And we already have new sources of energy. We have tons of them. Solar, Wind, Tidal, Dams, Nuclear, etc. Using hybrid cars would reduce gasoline consumption in the US by close to 50% (saw this on Nova the other day).

We are in much less of a bind than you think we are.

Hmm... so we have all these new sources but yet we are in iraq killing for their oil?? The fact you admit there is other energy sources readily available brings me full circle. Ironic isnt it we are over there killing for oil when we have sources we can tap into if we wanted to. So who's the fool now for laughing at what I said?

yea... corporations should give us all hugs! And buy me ice cream and rainbows!

Capitalism works fine. Eventually, there will be a point where it is no longer profitable for corporations to function on a non-sustainable basis, and we are near that point. Companies like google are already making significant investments into having energy footprints a fraction of the size they would normally be through investment in renewable resources. It's happening in manufacturing too. There are companies everywhere making enormous investments into building themselves into green organizations. why? Because it makes them feel nice inside? NO! because it is profitable for them. Get off your high horse of profit = bad. If you really think that, you shouldn't be working anywhere that uses anything but renewable resources, and you should reinvest every penny you earn into renewable resources.

Funny how u bring this point up. I am working in the renewable energy sector. Im a renewable energy engineer working for a company that builds sustainable homes. Our main income support actually comes from government funding. If we were to depend on the market right now, we would be bankrupt. Speaks volumes on how much there is to work towards living a sustainable future. Companies arent doing enough! The population still remains docile and ignorant to how bad our situation is right now. If zietgiest can raise questions, then thats only good for people like me who work in this industry because we are trying to solve a huge crisis that will determine the future of all living things in the world. We either live sustainably or deplete our resources and die.

Edited by Riddle, 25 May 2010 - 03:02 AM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Riddle @ May 25 2010, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol. can economics explain the meaning of depletion? Oil, like every other fossil fuel is unrenewable and will eventually run out. Get that through your thick head. We arent talking about money making the cost of oil expensive to dig. Take the money factor away and assume we can dig for as much as we want. Oil will run out..Agreed??

that's great... you didn't read my source. Super cool.

Hmm... so we have all these new sources but yet we are in iraq killing for their oil?? The fact you admit there is other energy sources readily available brings me full circle. Ironic isnt it we are over there killing for oil when we have sources we can tap into if we wanted to. So who's the fool now for laughing at what I said?

we aren't killing for oil. There is a laundry list of reasons for us being in Iraq. Oil may be high on it, but oil is not the sole reason. And who said we could tap into if we wanted? We can tap into them, but it will take 10-15 years before we can. We're still stuck with oil for the next decade or so, that doesn't mean we are stuck with it forever.

Funny how u bring this point up. I am working in the renewable energy sector. Im a renewable energy engineer working for a company that builds sustainable homes. Our main income support actually comes from government funding. If we were to depend on the market right now, we would be bankrupt.

then your company has a bad business plan.

Edited by way2lazy2care, 25 May 2010 - 03:15 AM.

Give me LoL Referals.

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 25 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
then your company has a bad business plan.

Does being one of the first companies to venture into this market classify as a bad business plan? Especially when the company's main purpose is to provide self-sustainable homes at an affordable price. Quite frankly, the reason why government support is so important right now is because noone has the balls to make a change. Everyone wants to stick with something that works NOW without realising it's damaging our future. Im glad to be working for something that means more than just making money or killing people.

we aren't killing for oil. There is a laundry list of reasons for us being in Iraq. Oil may be high on it, but oil is not the sole reason. And who said we could tap into if we wanted? We can tap into them, but it will take 10-15 years before we can. We're still stuck with oil for the next decade or so, that doesn't mean we are stuck with it forever.

Incorrect. We can tap into all sorts of alternative energy sources and completely get us off burning fossil fuels today if we wanted to. The powers to be want us to be running on oil for a little bit longer so that they can make the transition or figure out a way to gain power and control of future energy sources. That is their business plan because alternative fuel and electric cars threaten their profits and thus their livelihoods. There is no other reason other than this as to why we cant make the change today! We can send people to the moon, spend trillions on building sophisticated guns and nuclear bombs, billions on finding new oil or drilling to dig it up and yet we cant invest to build enough geothermal/solar/wave power plants and build electric powered cars that run off these power plants? There is something seriously wrong in the world if we think this way.

that's great... you didn't read my source. Super cool.

I didnt need to. I already knew where your angle of point came from. Economics controls prices through means of demand and supply. I get that. But if you disregard this, then the only outcome that is possible is depletion. No matter how you look at it, we are bound for a change of energy source.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Riddle @ May 25 2010, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does being one of the first companies to venture into this market classify as a bad business plan? Especially when the company's main purpose is to provide self-sustainable homes at an affordable price. Quite frankly, the reason why government support is so important right now is because noone has the balls to make a change. Everyone wants to stick with something that works NOW without realising it's damaging our future. Im glad to be working for something that means more than just making money or killing people.

yes it does. You're producing a product and selling it for less than it costs you to make it, and the only reason you're above water is because of government grants. That's a poor business plan. People are more than willing to buy self-sustainable homes as long as they are priced competitively. And did you take into account that nobody is buying any homes right now let alone new homes that are more expensive than old homes and the money it costs to upgrade them to be energy efficient.

Incorrect. We can tap into all sorts of alternative energy sources and completely get us off burning fossil fuels today if we wanted to.

No we can't. Unless you're hiding a hundred nuclear power plants up your sleeves it's going to take a while to build everything.

I didnt need to. I already knew where your angle of point came from. Economics controls prices through means of demand and supply. I get that. But if you disregard this, then the only outcome that is possible is depletion. No matter how you look at it, we are bound for a change of energy source.

Oh... so as long as we ignore how things really work it will turn out like you said.
Give me LoL Referals.

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 26 2010, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes it does. You're producing a product and selling it for less than it costs you to make it, and the only reason you're above water is because of government grants. That's a poor business plan.

Well if that's the case then banks and insurance companies are poor businesses aswell. Since they take trillions of tax payers dollars to pay debt to survive. They arent even doing anything productive with that money...

Edited by Riddle, 26 May 2010 - 06:21 AM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Riddle @ May 26 2010, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if that's the case then banks and insurance companies are poor businesses aswell. Since they take trillions of tax payers dollars to pay debt to survive. They arent even doing anything productive with that money...

they invest it. How do you think banks make so much money? Sitting on top of their wads of cash masturbating all day?
Give me LoL Referals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)