Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Tactical-intervention

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

http://www.tactical-intervention.com/

Seems like it'll be a bit more scenario based than CS.. might be good, might need a few years of patching like CS, but I'm pretty interested to see how it turns out. I'm sure Gooseman knows the world is watching him to see if it tops his good ol' CS.

Graphics look nice as I can see from the wallpapers.. but no widescreen wallpapers, hope the game is at least though. The use of dogs and stuff though.. sounds very.. odd, lol. icon_razz.gif

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
Isn't this game made by someone who actually worked on CS or 1.6, I remember reading a while ago about someone who worked on CS starting up a game which is similar to CS, but I forgot the name of it icon_confused.gif

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
is this a browser-based or free game? 'Cause it looks like shit. I noticed the guns sway around sort of like red orchestra but the cross hair stays in the center so I'm just confused.

Need moar gameplay footage.

sG Core asheS

sG Core asheS
  • Banned
  • 573 posts
every video clip that i have seen of this game looks terrible, but.. idk if it's the next CS then people will buy and play.. /:
looks bad to me though, imo it looks like they mixed CS and TF2 (in a bad way)

idk we'll see
-sg
I'm Teh Best Mayne...I Deed It!! Eli
Leader of Eur Gunna Lose Gaming. [egL]
Watch It!

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (Alexc26 @ May 19 2010, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't this game made by someone who actually worked on CS or 1.6, I remember reading a while ago about someone who worked on CS starting up a game which is similar to CS, but I forgot the name of it icon_confused.gif

Lol.. actually.. it's the guy who co-created CS.. like.. from the start. So pre-CS 1.0 even.. pre CS 7.1 beta... Pre cs_siege with a drivable APC in CT spawn... I'm talking.. CS beta 1.0 from June 19th, 1999.

[EDIT1]
Also.. I'm gonna say folks? don't knock it. Especially before we even get to try it.. especially before they even patch it. I found CS beta's were kinda balls until 6.5, that was a good beta. So.. don't pre-judge CS, it's seen a lot of shitty ideas put into place.. like the original model of leet crew.. which featured a toga and wooden tongs... I fucking shit ye not.. people mocked the picture like crazy and made jokes. Sadly I can't link it anymore.. used to be on here: http://www.counter-s....net/retro.html but it's gone. icon_razz.gif

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ May 20 2010, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cs_siege with a drivable APC in CT spawn...

God that shit was so awesome...

Toasted

Toasted
  • Members
  • 200 posts
i agree, the video and images do look a bit weak, but who is to judge something that they haven't experienced, i know i certainly will be trying it

edit, it does look like quite a bit of fun, but glitchy in its early stages

Edited by Toasted, 22 May 2010 - 01:31 PM.

Damn, i just shot Marvin in the face... - Vincent Vega

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Toasted @ May 22 2010, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i agree, the video and images do look a bit weak, but who is to judge something that they haven't experienced, i know i certainly will be trying it

edit, it does look like quite a bit of fun, but glitchy in its early stages

I like how when you're sprinting and shooting simultaneously, you shoot sideways but the bullets still travel straight.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Toasted

Toasted
  • Members
  • 200 posts
QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ May 22 2010, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like how when you're sprinting and shooting simultaneously, you shoot sideways but the bullets still travel straight.

its unique icon_biggrin.gif i bet no other game allows you to do that :\

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
It could be interesting. He just needs to hire some actual graphics designers and animaters.

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • xfire:Whiskerz
  • Interests:Games, Basketball, Lifting.
  • Steam ID:Whiskerz777
  • PSN:Whiskerz
Its like CS with more movement options and hostage taking. Oh and dogs, but they look like a negative.

A.Phobos

A.Phobos
  • GA Private
  • 1,735 posts
  • xfire:H17M4N23 _______ Quake Live: Hitman23
  • Interests:FPS, movies, Stand-up Comedy, And Stuff....
  • Steam ID:Hitman
  • Xbox / GFWL:wish i had one
  • PSN:suck mah ballz
  • Wii:1044724098965336
  • Gamer Army ID:3494
  • Company:Bravo
When I watched the gameplay footage, it seems remenscent of CS beta footage that I have found.
I'm pretty sure they would iron out most issues, they already did for 1.6, thus making what I'm saying a reasonable assumption.
There are still some issues with the gun being able to fire straight in front while the gun is pointed to the side while sprinting, as well as some noticeable clipping issues.
Which may not even be clipping issues, it could be that you can walk through a team mate like in TF2.

Also, there was APC's in cs_siege? holy crap, am I late for the party,

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
INB4 PETA bitches about being able to shoot dogs.

Also, the game does look a little sketchy, but as it's not a huge studio game, I guess that's a given. More than the graphics, I'm worried that this game doesn't look very innovative. The dogs, holding hostages, diving/rolling, and ropes look interesting at best, but a little too gimmicky.

Several years ago, this would likely have been hot shit, but we've seen most (if not all) of these features adapted by other games in the past, so it's essentially a mash-up of those games.

I'll likely check it out, but hopes aren't too high.

some internet person

some internet person
  • Members
  • 568 posts
Looks like total shit.

If guns were as inaccurate in real life as they are in this game (or CS for that matter), nobody would ever win any wars.

Toasted

Toasted
  • Members
  • 200 posts
QUOTE (some internet person @ May 25 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like total shit.

If guns were as inaccurate in real life as they are in this game (or CS for that matter), nobody would ever win any wars.

what an intelligent post

Amish

Amish
  • Members
  • 455 posts
  • xfire:am1sh
  • Steam ID:am1sh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Amizh
I dont have any expectations for this, but ofc ill try it, and hopefully it will be good. Remember he said something about that he didnt like that the AWP killed in 1shot, so we share the same thoughts icon_razz.gif.
CS just seems like a good idea in the beginning of online/lan gaming, and have stuck with us sines then. But we cant expect this game to be as good as CS was back when that came out.

QUOTE (some internet person @ May 25 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like total shit.

lol.. weapons in real life are fare more inaccurate than in cs. See how many bullets you can hit a target by spraying an AK or whatever.
QUOTE (dawei @ Jul 26 2007, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am probably more pro than your mum.

RDFH

RDFH
  • Members
  • 112 posts
  • xfire:rdfh
Dunno, with all due respect its done by a Korean company it appears, or at least from that area... last time I play anything coming from there it was a lag and glitchfest... (not to say that north American games are much better, but at least we can't complain about seeing enemies slide over the floor without the walking animation and shooting 30 bullets, for them only to be swallowed by lag and you get knifed by an invisible enemy...

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
  • xfire:360shunted
  • Steam ID:shunted
  • Xbox / GFWL:shunted
  • PSN:shunted
blindfiring the skorpian looked cool as fuck

re.copy

re.copy
  • Members
  • 54 posts
  • xfire:re00copy
gameplay > graphics

LRN2PLAYGAMES

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

Ok, I think the beta is live, I'm downloading it now.. http://www.gamengame.com/ go there make an account and then sign in on the TI site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users