Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pls Help!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro
  • Members
  • 448 posts
  • Interests:music - guitars - games - skegboarding - and music
  • PSN:psypharr
this has been happening for a while now... my laptop suddenly crashes and 5 times out of 10 will restart, yesterday this message started popping up

.... keep in mind that it was charging for a good 8 hours while shut down beforehand.

does anyone know what the hell is going on?!?! it did it during an ICC raid the other day icon_sad.gif QQ right?
anyways, help would be mucho apriciado!

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Is it plugged in while it crashes?

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro
  • Members
  • 448 posts
yes, i very rarely unplug it

SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro
  • Members
  • 448 posts
UPDATE: i took out the battery last night and shut it down. then this morning i left it on while i was at work, ive been on for about an hour now and it hasn't skipped a beat. this is my first laptop so i'm not too cluey on them. might it be a faulty battery?

INFO:
Model: Toshiba Satelite A200
Previous Problems: Extremely short "unplugged" life-span (about 2 hours on lowest settings)

I know its not PP related, but i've had troubles in the past and this forum has been beyond great with helping me fix my computing issues. and i wish i remember the people that helped me so i can thank them again.

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
  • xfire:360shunted
  • Steam ID:shunted
  • Xbox / GFWL:shunted
  • PSN:shunted
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
its old and if you have been over charging it for 2 and a half years im not surprised about that battery time, i mean shit most of my laptops had a 1 hour/2 hour unplugged time MAX

sG Core asheS

sG Core asheS
  • Banned
  • 573 posts
I'd just buy a new battery
I'm Teh Best Mayne...I Deed It!! Eli
Leader of Eur Gunna Lose Gaming. [egL]
Watch It!

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Taking out the battery solving it really means the battery is broken. Never use it again, defective Li-Ion batteries can go boom.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

ihatepeace22

ihatepeace22
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • xfire:ihatepeace22
  • Steam ID:ihatepeace22
  • Wii:5559795349147542
What if it just has shit battery life from letting it uncharge completely? Should I still remove the battery?

Pro chattin skillz

Guest_Drizzt__*

Guest_Drizzt__*
  • Guests
QUOTE (ihatepeace22 @ May 15 2010, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if it just has shit battery life from letting it uncharge completely? Should I still remove the battery?

Unless that message is consistent even after you charge it for a good few hours, it should be fine. Otherwise, I would get a new battery.

sG Core asheS

sG Core asheS
  • Banned
  • 573 posts
in my experience w/laptops, i've come to find that if you let it charge completely before actually turning it on for the first time, it will be for the better.. apparently from what i've read/heard is that if you let a laptop battery charge to halfway then you turn it on for the first time the batter thinks 50% is actually 100%.. if that makes since, it happened with my friends iPhone as well, i told him that he didn't let it charge enough..

also, when on your laptop, instead of plugging it in when the battery is about to go dead let it die, then plug it in. it's better for the battery than letting it constantly being charged..
good luck with your current issue, but if i were you i'd just "properly" dispose of your old battery and buy a new one.
I'm Teh Best Mayne...I Deed It!! Eli
Leader of Eur Gunna Lose Gaming. [egL]
Watch It!

williamhfartz

williamhfartz
  • Banned
  • 72 posts
So it's reporting 0% no matter what? Sounds like a software issue not in OS but more primitave. Not fluent with the NTLDR of vista and up, I know there is a new boot loader but have not found cause to read about it. This could be the time then. I wouldn't buy JS without trying that bat on another PC (if possible, if store bought take it there and try on another they have in stock. Bribe them personally with 10 bucks and say lunch (always sounds good) if they are sketchy) and trying new chipset software.

Get SpeedFan (google it) and see if temps and other specs are being reported correctly.
QUOTE (sG Core asheS @ May 16 2010, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in my experience w/laptops, i've come to find that if you let it charge completely before actually turning it on for the first time, it will be for the better.. apparently from what i've read/heard is that if you let a laptop battery charge to halfway then you turn it on for the first time the batter thinks 50% is actually 100%.. if that makes since, it happened with my friends iPhone as well, i told him that he didn't let it charge enough..

also, when on your laptop, instead of plugging it in when the battery is about to go dead let it die, then plug it in. it's better for the battery than letting it constantly being charged..
good luck with your current issue, but if i were you i'd just "properly" dispose of your old battery and buy a new one.

100% correct. Lith Ions have 'memory' and remember the how nice you were to it the first charge. Hehe.

But in this case I think his bat is fine it's just reporting 0% and it's starying on, correct senor?

Edited by williamhfartz, 18 May 2010 - 11:05 PM.

Meh rig:Asus z62F/Core 2 t2300/1g 533hrtz
Meh ak:GP 1975 w/this,tapco trigger,us spec barrel/receiver, 7.62x39
"I had to gain experience as I did not have a technical education." -Mikhail Kalashnikov
rekcahsc7331

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users