Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tv Size Effecting Fps Gameplay?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Mitch21093

Mitch21093
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:optimitchprime
if i play on a 28 inch standard deffinition tv, and then switch to a 32 inch hd flatscreen, will it screw up my gameplay? will i have to increase my sensitivity, or will it cause "wave" or something?

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,512 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Hd flat screens have higher lag than than the traditional fat back tv's. But only really competitive people really give a shit about that sorta thing.

Edited by Master C, 05 May 2010 - 06:44 PM.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
that depends on the TV master C. a really good LCD is only 1 or 2 ms behind what you are doing...and when you consider that there is anywhere from 50 to 100 ms of lag in networked play...well its not that big of a deal...

with some games, wide screen also gives you additional FOV.

also, higher resolution will result in easier spotting of far off targets.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,512 posts
Its just my experience from LCD's in SSBM (where this no network lag). I've yet to play one which doesn't lag more than an old school fatback tv.

Makes a really big difference in a game when you have to pull off moves on a frame by frame basis.

Edited by Master C, 06 May 2010 - 06:10 AM.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
they do exist. it depends on the TV though. i use a 22" computer monitor for my xbox and it has VERY minimal lag....ive never noticed any at all. and i play viper in SSF4 who does have to pull things off on a frame by frame basis too.

clockwork1337

clockwork1337
  • Members
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, css, mw2, rockband, stuff.
  • Steam ID:santa24240
  • Xbox / GFWL:two asian kids
i have a 24" hdtv and dont notice any lag at all compared to my fat tv which is a 24 as well. and i trade between these tvs because i go to my dads and friends. i really dont notice any change except for the height gets odd... you just need to get used to that and your all good icon_smile.gif
wtf is a signature? do people see this? i hope not... i hope its like a diary... well dear diary... today i found out im gay... :)
www.youtube.com/user/threeasiankids
QUOTE (ya_ba @ May 7 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like you :)

QUOTE (sG Core asheS @ Jun 2 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unrelated, but clockwork's sig made me literally lol
*clap* *clap* *clap*

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,512 posts
QUOTE (Rakielis @ May 6 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they do exist. it depends on the TV though. i use a 22" computer monitor for my xbox and it has VERY minimal lag....ive never noticed any at all. and i play viper in SSF4 who does have to pull things off on a frame by frame basis too.

QUOTE (clockwork1337 @ May 6 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a 24" hdtv and dont notice any lag at all compared to my fat tv which is a 24 as well. and i trade between these tvs because i go to my dads and friends. i really dont notice any change except for the height gets odd... you just need to get used to that and your all good icon_smile.gif

Its possible just adapted to it without noticing (especially if you're just playing MW2). I only began to notice it myself when I was getting really competitive with smash and I started practicing wavedashing etc while regularly switching between LCD and fatback(wtf is the technical name for fatbacks? I forget).

I need to ask my friend who is crazy about the CS 1.6 scene. He's done a lot of research on it, he refuses to switch to LCD's. Apparently its reached a point when certain brands of the fatbacks are worth quite a lot of money because no one makes the bloody things anymore.

Edited by Master C, 06 May 2010 - 02:18 PM.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
CRTs.

and they do have less lag, but some of them have less than 1 frame of lag (a frame being a 60th of a second and the lag being 100th of a second). yes, some of them have AWFUL lag (upwards of 10 ms in some cases), but not all are like that.

o, btw. some research of mine showed that plasma screens are considered as fast as CRTs since they too have a refresh rate.

clockwork1337

clockwork1337
  • Members
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, css, mw2, rockband, stuff.
  • Steam ID:santa24240
  • Xbox / GFWL:two asian kids
QUOTE (Master C @ May 6 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(wtf is the technical name for fatbacks? I forget).

i usually just call em fatass's or tubetvs
wtf is a signature? do people see this? i hope not... i hope its like a diary... well dear diary... today i found out im gay... :)
www.youtube.com/user/threeasiankids
QUOTE (ya_ba @ May 7 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like you :)

QUOTE (sG Core asheS @ Jun 2 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unrelated, but clockwork's sig made me literally lol
*clap* *clap* *clap*

Ezzy_Pwnerer

Ezzy_Pwnerer
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • PSN:Ezzy-525
QUOTE (clockwork1337 @ May 7 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i usually just call em fatass's or tubetvs

They're called CRT, (Cathode Ray Tube). I play on a 32" LCD HDTV and when playing BFBC2 I get very minimal lag, not noticeable to the human eye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users