Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 8: 'pwnageddon'

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Drunken

Drunken
  • Members
  • 31 posts
There is only one problem with this episode.. it really lets me go nerdrage all over my place..
Its maybe the last one!

Seriously?
This sucks bigtime , you guys did a great job and it felt like this story couldve gone somewhere.

I really hope that there will be a 2nd Season , or maybe a new web episode? :<
Anyways ..Ill always stay a fan of what youre doing guys, and ill support you as good as i can.

Edited by Drunken, 15 May 2010 - 08:10 PM.

postspenis9jeyn8bf3mj6nsj5.jpg

Krobelus

Krobelus
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, leik duhh. Energy drinks. Playing classic games. Computing etc.
  • Xbox / GFWL:King Krobe
QUOTE (Drunken @ May 15 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is only one problem with this episode.. it really lets me go nerdrage all over my place..
Its maybe the last one!

Seriously?
This sucks bigtime , you guys did a great job and it felt like this story couldve gone somewhere.

Anyways ..I�ll always stay a fan of what youre doing guys, and i�ll support you as good as i can.

Hey think about it this way; if they don't get a second season, then they will have more time to do the webseries.

The only problems I had with this episode, is that 1. during cutscene changes while playing street fighter the scores for Ryu and the other character kept on switching around. That was a little disappointing; and 2. how long does a pizza pocket (was that what Jeremy heated in the microwave?) before it gets so hot, that it burns your hand? I mean I think it was only in the microwave for maybe 2 minutes tops. Doesn't seem realistic to me.

Still a great episode though! I enjoyed it.

Drunken

Drunken
  • Members
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (Krobelus @ May 16 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey think about it this way; if they don't get a second season, then they will have more time to do the webseries.

The only problems I had with this episode, is that 1. during cutscene changes while playing street fighter the scores for Ryu and the other character kept on switching around. That was a little disappointing; and 2. how long does a pizza pocket (was that what Jeremy heated in the microwave?) before it gets so hot, that it burns your hand? I mean I think it was only in the microwave for maybe 2 minutes tops. Doesn't seem realistic to me.

Still a great episode though! I enjoyed it.

Yeah , i never said its their fault icon_razz.gif
I know that they care about us , so i dont have any worrys.. its just that it was the last episode for a while and .. duh , was so hyped for many many episodes.. the season was a bit short , Damn you showcase!

postspenis9jeyn8bf3mj6nsj5.jpg

OctoberPPTV

OctoberPPTV
  • PP Cast
  • 42 posts
QUOTE (Nerd_Rage @ May 12 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the pizza pocket experience was relateable.

As a very occasional pizza pocket eater, I too can relate to this. It is very hard to determine how long is the right time to microwave those things. not long enough and it's still cold inside. too long and it gets hard and burns your mouth. microwave times vary so if you're eating it outside of your own home, it's a whole other level of mind-fuck.

ChaosJester

ChaosJester
  • GA Colonel
  • 2,269 posts
  • xfire:theavatar2005
  • Steam ID:theavatar2006
  • Xbox / GFWL:PPGAChaosJester
  • Gamer Army ID:583
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (OctoberPPTV @ May 18 2010, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a very occasional pizza pocket eater, I too can relate to this. It is very hard to determine how long is the right time to microwave those things. not long enough and it's still cold inside. too long and it gets hard and burns your mouth. microwave times vary so if you're eating it outside of your own home, it's a whole other level of mind-fuck.

Pro tip - Microwave it on a plate, if plate not available use paper towel and pick up the towel, not the pizza pocket. And then poke it with a fork or something to test. Problem solved, though you still may end up burning your mouth on the edges cause they are ususally hotter than the middle but such is the risk when consuming one of the most awesome things ever.

fs_pc.png
1782822.png

M姧}{

M姧}{
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • xfire:Massacher
  • Interests:computers and computer games
i hope there will be a second season. it's no where near as good as the web series was, but i do still enjoy their adventures.
There is no fate but what we make
Core i7-860/Gigabyte P55A-UD5/G.Skill-Trident 4GB DDR3-1600/Sapphire HD5870 1GB/LG Flatron W2261VP (2ms)/ViewSonic 19" WS (2ms)/WD SATA 1TB HDD x2/LG SATA 18x DVDRW x2/Thermaltake Evo_Blue 750Watt PSU/Noctua NH-C12P-SE14

Eminemdrdre00

Eminemdrdre00
  • Members
  • 57 posts
Did the show get canceled? How come there hasn't been a new episode in a while? Was episode 8 the last one of the season?
Its still real to me damn it!

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (Eminemdrdre00 @ May 24 2010, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did the show get canceled? How come there hasn't been a new episode in a while? Was episode 8 the last one of the season?

Season 1 only had 8 episodes.

Hopefully if there is a Season 2, it gets at least 12 or more episodes. To those that say "There's no chance there'll be a second season", I'll simply say that Showcase is still heavily advertising Pure Pwnage. During an hour long program, they'll show 2 or more commercials for it.

Edited by Original Sin, 24 May 2010 - 05:40 AM.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Original Sin @ May 24 2010, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Season 1 only had 8 episodes.

Hopefully if there is a Season 2, it gets at least 12 or more episodes. To those that say "There's no chance there'll be a second season", I'll simply say that Showcase is still heavily advertising Pure Pwnage. During an hour long program, they'll show 2 or more commercials for it.

Does that mean there doing reruns atm?
Seems odd to advertise a show thats not on/coming on anytime soon.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

anthonyoncoffee

anthonyoncoffee
  • Members
  • 192 posts
QUOTE (liquidicevi @ May 24 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does that mean there doing reruns atm?
Seems odd to advertise a show thats not on/coming on anytime soon.

ya reruns are still happening

i wont be watching them though

Clerlic

Clerlic
  • Members
  • 7 posts
When microwaving food with liquid fillings inside, use lower power, that way the heat can spread out and you'll see when it's hot enough.

xtremecheese

xtremecheese
  • Members
  • 16 posts
This show is perfect, I don't know what everyone is talking about, but I love the TV series 1000 times more than the webseries.

Malfurion

Malfurion
  • Members
  • 117 posts
It's sad that they only had 8 episodes for the first season, it gives them no where near enough episodes to develope the story so the network can't even see how good it'll be, a first proper season should be around 24 episodes like normal shows. I'm not sure theres even that many episodes with the webseries, theres only 18 i think.

There have been a couple of good episodes but it's no where near as good as the webisodes. It's just too rehearsed and too acted theres just more of a pwnage feel to the webisodes then the tv series.

Cloudy99

Cloudy99
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • PSN:lichtenberg
Loved the whole series.

This whole episode seemed to be an homage the Karate Kid, from the whole tournament wallchart at the tournament, through Jeremy's injury, Rufus' mate telling him where to attack and then shoutin 'Put him in a bodybag! hahahahahhaha', just like the KK Movie. Was surreal, much like Jeremy's neighbour, the old lady. She's just like the guy in Happy Gilmore who constantly shakes his head at Happy's behaviour. I can see the influences pretty clearly for the show, they have a similar sense of humour to Happy Gilmore, but its pretty original in the sense of the basic conspect and satire of gamers. From the beginning on the webisodes and also when everyone stops gaming to support Doug and all they do is what kids with nothing to do ..do. Like tearing up the streets, great social commentary if you wanna look it from a n00bs pow.

icon_biggrin.gif

More please.....

big_baby_zubas

big_baby_zubas
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Steam ID:big_baby_zubas
  • Xbox / GFWL:big baby zubas
  • PSN:bigbabyzubas
QUOTE (Drunken @ May 15 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its maybe the last one!

Seriously?

Anyways ..Ill always stay a fan of what youre doing guys, and ill support you as good as i can.

heres a hypothesis, what if theres a second half? kinda liek how family guy or south park runs their shizzle, seems to make for more creativity to, lol
sup d00d!

Sample_of_Soul

Sample_of_Soul
  • Members
  • 136 posts
  • xfire:sampleofsoul
  • Interests:Anything unrelated to RL
Just watched an entire season in one sitting. I'm not from Canada so I had to torrent it -.-, and to be honest the only reason I did so was to convince myself there is no way that they'll do something better than the (IMO) downfallish second season of the web series.

Boy was I wrong. Although I felt Doug was too extreme (unrealistic) on occasions, and some other minor complains, this was AWESOME. I really hope they do come back for the second season.

In comparison to the web series - I like October more than Tagi (the chemistry between her and Jeremy seems much more real and believeable to me), I don't miss the micro battles, I do miss the masterer.

And to add something to this post so it's not just a random review - I see some people are wondering where this fits in the context of the web series. I think it doesn't. It's a reboot, and all the references to the web series are there just for the fans, and it's really cool to hear a joke or two that you know were there specifically for you, and not for the "regular" people icon_razz.gif

I wonder, how does PP portrait gamers in "regular" people's eyes? icon_biggrin.gif
After Y2K, the end of the world had become a clich. But who was I to talk, a brooding underdog avenger alone against an empire of evil, out to right a grave injustice? Everything was subjective. There were only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a clich when it's happening to you.

1337juice

1337juice
  • Members
  • 15 posts
:

Edited by 1337juice, 04 November 2010 - 02:37 AM.

Erudito

Erudito
  • Members
  • 19 posts
Just a curious fact:

Here's what happened at EVO 2010 SSF4 finals in July this year:

Looks like life imitating art this time.
I wonder if Daigo watched this episode beforehand.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (Erudito @ Dec 12 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a curious fact:

Here's what happened at EVO 2010 SSF4 finals in July this year:

Looks like life imitating art this time.
I wonder if Daigo watched this episode beforehand.

Jesus christ that had me on the edge of my seat! Good find Erudito.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Neeros

Neeros
  • GA Corporal
  • 917 posts
  • xfire:neeros
  • Steam ID:anthony_waka
  • Gamer Army ID:282
  • Company:Echo

Just rewatched this series on youtube. So totally awesome, it is making me crave the movie so bad.

Kyle needs moar boots cause he didn't suck the big guy enough

neeros.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users