Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 8: 'pwnageddon'

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

inklimited

inklimited
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Last few episodes have been some of the best ones ever. Even better than the web series, imo.

Especially: RPG addiction, idle hands, losing and pwnaggedon.

The last two episodes even had me cheering at the screen! icon_biggrin.gif

Bushybrows

Bushybrows
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Was it just me, or did anyone else in the universe notice that a huge '420' was sprayed on the side of the van in ep 8? What's really ironic is that it just happens to be at 4mins 20 secs into the episode. Man, if that was intentional, props to the PP crew!! Just happens to be the most awesome episode yet too, made my day icon_smile.gif

ps,
My girlfriend thinks it funny that I have loved PP from web episode 1. And my second love is weed. So this episode was totally custom made for me! and I think a lot of others loved it too icon_smile.gif

I hope season 2 is approved for my sake. I think I would go insane without PP.

EDIT***- I made a mistake, its episode 7 with the 420 van at 4min 20secs. not ep 8. peace,
icon_smile.gif

Edited by Bushybrows, 05 May 2010 - 06:08 AM.

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,065 posts
  • xfire:badazzewok
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ganonheart
Liked this episode more than the rest.

Xander756

Xander756
  • Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2
QUOTE (toKs1c @ May 1 2010, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wasn't October supposed to be in love with Jeremy?

I thought Jeremy was playing starcraft at pwnageddon?

Anyways, now that the series is done I'd rate it a 7/10

There were a few filler episodes that were just terrible, but the entertaining stuff was enjoyable.
Would like another season.

Yeah I was wondering about Starcraft too...

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Xander756 @ May 4 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I was wondering about Starcraft too...

I think he was playing in a Pwnageddon Starcraft Ladder, but at the actual event itself, he played in the Street Fighter IV Tourney.

the44show

the44show
  • Members
  • 648 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:LilCBasedFob
so yeah, the fact that the game focused on was street fighter IV made the episode fucking awesome.

everyone agree?

Edited by the44show, 04 May 2010 - 04:46 PM.

cammy__watch_listed_by_isaac251-d4vz39g.

PICK A TOP TIER

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
QUOTE (the44show @ May 5 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so yeah, the fact that the game focused on was street fighter IV made the episode fucking awesome.

everyone agree?

No, made it cringe worthy.

muchu

muchu
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • xfire:m1s3ry
  • Steam ID:d1sappear
  • Xbox / GFWL:muchu10
QUOTE (the44show @ May 4 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

everyone agree?

I think it was cool that they focused on a game outside of the Pure Pwnage 'norm' (i.e. Starcraft, C&C if we're talking web series, COD, CS, etc.)

All in all the best episode of the TV series, and definitely one of the best overall imo.

Drjft

Drjft
  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drjft
No shit, you guys who haven't watched it yet are idiotic. HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL PEER TO PEER CONTENT TRANSFER SITE?! HINT: Better than ninjas, kinda like a port, with "The" at the start.

Episode 8 was great. Really had that "punch the air in joy" feel to it, which I thought the original Web Series had.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (Drjft @ May 5 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No shit, you guys who haven't watched it yet are idiotic. HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL PEER TO PEER CONTENT TRANSFER SITE?! HINT: Better than ninjas, kinda like a port, with "The" at the start.

Episode 8 was great. Really had that "punch the air in joy" feel to it, which I thought the original Web Series had.

Didn't know what the fuck you where talking about at first but... yea.. arr matey.

Also I don't see how SFIV was out of the PP norm. There was a lot of SF2 stuff during the Dave saga.. and a little smash bros somewhere else.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

teh_eliterer

teh_eliterer
  • Members
  • 7 posts
I liked how rufus was also in my other all time fav show as chunks in the jon dore tv show lol.

Deathhwish

Deathhwish
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • PSN:deathhwish
Guys i just wanna say that ur doing an amzing job on the show keep it up cant wait for new ones

NinjaNinja

NinjaNinja
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • xfire:thefabledninja
  • Xbox / GFWL:XxBillybabxX
  • PSN:Billybab
This episode was very good and I thought that it was pretty enjoyable.

I hope that they get a season 2 for the TV series because even though some episodes were okay and the 4th episode wasn't as good as I expected, I still hope for a Season 2.

Best part for me was the Karate Kid references and when Rub3n said "Rub3n, out!". For some reason that line made me laugh.

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
  • xfire:xsolideathx
  • Xbox / GFWL:xsolideathx
  • PSN:xsolideathx
  • Wii:8631256620113728
QUOTE (NinjaNinja @ May 10 2010, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This episode was very good and I thought that it was pretty enjoyable.

I hope that they get a season 2 for the TV series because even though some episodes were okay and the 4th episode wasn't as good as I expected, I still hope for a Season 2.

Best part for me was the Karate Kid references and when Rub3n said "Rub3n, out!". For some reason that line made me laugh.

sweeep the foot!
Whose the noob?¿?

mr. deltoid steep

mr. deltoid steep
  • GA Private
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:gaming art and music
  • Gamer Army ID:1018
I could be wrong but i think the outside shot of the pwnageddon building was the embassy club down on king street in hamilton

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
RIP PP

With no sign of teh masterer or any form of micro battle in sight, i say farewell
come watch my sc2 stream!!!
And follow me on twitter!

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

Me0w

Me0w
  • Members
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (the44show @ May 3 2010, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
exactly what I thought. except he acted more like Marn imo

QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ May 3 2010, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another awesome ep. Really hope this gets a second season. Looooved it. The entire ep was just really funny and they kept the theme happy so was enjoyable all the way.

Yeah I did think that but it's not entirely because that'd be mega harsh

Now what would be REALLY dope is if jeremy played seth and pulled out those mixups like online tony did to marn at WCW2
THE-OWN-ER-RER!

muchu

muchu
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • xfire:m1s3ry
  • Steam ID:d1sappear
  • Xbox / GFWL:muchu10
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 11 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RIP PP

With no sign of teh masterer or any form of micro battle in sight, i say farewell

Honestly, I thought the micro battles were pretty cheesy.. except for the first one against teh_masterer. That was gold.

Nerd_Rage

Nerd_Rage
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Psychology, chocolate, Philosophy, Physics, Meditation, Yoga, Environmentalism, Video Games, Societal change, having teh fun, embracing alternative states of consciousness, laughing, intertubes, photography, gardening, food, cooking, baking, eating, smelling, tasting, touching, loving, living....
I really enjoyed the finale from start to finish.

Jeremy's facial expression while manipulating the monitor (the close up) was extremely intense in this episode. icon_eek.gif So funny. Doug's imagination sequence of 'real live combat' was great! The weed situation was funny and the mannequin wearing briefs in the background at pwnageddon was entertaining. Also, the pizza pocket experience was relateable.

Great job everyone who worked on the TV series! Hope to see another season with longer (and more than 8 ) episodes!

Edited by Nerd_Rage, 12 May 2010 - 03:41 PM.

Nerd_Rage

embrace the shadpw.
<3

S1N

S1N
  • GA Master Sergeant
  • 737 posts
  • xfire:ghostlysilence
  • Interests:I'm a LARPer and I'm proud of it.
  • Steam ID:shirotakaro
  • Xbox / GFWL:CHAOSEVEN
  • Wii:7983133707186099
  • Gamer Army ID:4521
  • Company:Bravo
Im also in this episode. Was a lot of fun being there.

Overall I loved the episode, one of my favourites for sure. I also really enjoyed the TV series overall. Sure I liked some episodes better than others, but overall my only real complaint is that its only 8 episodes. I hope for a longer season 2.

Great job to everyone involved with the show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users