Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Episode 6 - The Day The Lan Center Stood Still

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Amarant Helmsley

Amarant Helmsley
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rossdog12
QUOTE (Okami Yushin @ Apr 17 2010, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Decent episode overall, I thought. Highlight was probably Jeremy rubbing the shirt on his balls 'cause it caught me off-guard.

Yeah that was funny but Doug in Camo was good, i never spotted him at all until he popped out, that caught me off-guard

PS, if Mel/October needs B-ball lessons i'll give her some for free if she wants some icon_razz.gif

Edited by Amarant Helmsley, 18 April 2010 - 11:46 AM.

Tr1ppt

Tr1ppt
  • Members
  • 174 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
Best episode so far in my opinion, plenty of decent jokes and a pace that felt spot on compared to earlier episodes, which where all over the place. Great work guys - really looking forward to the next one!

Giluc

Giluc
  • GA Private
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Consoles lol
  • Steam ID:Giluc
  • Xbox / GFWL:GilucZ
  • Wii:4205091662810049
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:4128
  • Company:Eta
Very nice episode, I really liked the Vasectomy-reference when they're in that garage.

I LIKE
CHOCOLATE MILK

Compton_Ass_Terry

Compton_Ass_Terry
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3723
jesus christ some of you guys take this show way to seriously.

QQ and enjoy it, or quit watching it. They are not going to cater to what you want the show to be like.

I swear some of you just get on here and bitch every fucking week about how much you don't like the TV show. Well if that's the case then STFU and GTFO. Wait until the next web series episode comes out and quit bitching, I am so tired of that shit. Christ. Bunch of fucking ungrateful and vengeful nerds Q fucking Q. They are not laughing at gamers rather than with them, I think the problem is that you don't get that they have to dumb down the characters and make the do retarded shit for the general viewing audience that doesn't game hardcore.

In summery if you don't like how the characters are on the TV, too fucking bad. I'm sure they will evolve if they are given more episodes to work with. I mean there's not a whole lot they can do with 8 episodes of 22 minutes a piece. Some of you people don't understand writing.

StrikerZero

StrikerZero
  • Members
  • 818 posts
QUOTE (b0niK @ Apr 18 2010, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2/10

Jeremy doesn't feel like a main character, he is really hard to like compared to before.
Doug is officially an autistic down syndrome kid that made it past 25.
October is like a diffrent character every week, maybe the producers are still experimenting with what they want her to be.
Token black appears for more than 5 seconds, but doesn't seem to fit in either, he always has something better to do, and we still don't know why jeremy hangs out with a random dude from xbox live.

More laughing at gamers, rather than with them.

That's all I'm going to say this time, otherwise I might get another personal QQ post from Joel Gardiner about how I hurt his feelings. LOL

Link?

7thVirgo

7thVirgo
  • Members
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (Compton_Ass_Terry @ Apr 18 2010, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the problem is that you don't get that they have to dumb down the characters and make the do retarded shit for the general viewing audience that doesn't game hardcore.

werd up

And to add my own "2 cents", I dont mind them dumbing them down... they're still pretty fuckin funny... I'd be upset if they weren't. But that's not the case, thankfully icon_smile.gif

Edited by 7thVirgo, 18 April 2010 - 04:31 PM.

F4ithl3ss

F4ithl3ss
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:2103449
  • Xbox / GFWL:F4ithl3ss
QUOTE (b0niK @ Apr 18 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2/10

Jeremy doesn't feel like a main character, he is really hard to like compared to before.
October is like a diffrent character every week, maybe the producers are still experimenting with what they want her to be.
Token black appears for more than 5 seconds, but doesn't seem to fit in either, he always has something better to do, and we still don't know why jeremy hangs out with a random dude from xbox live.

More laughing at gamers, rather than with them.

That's all I'm going to say this time, otherwise I might get another personal QQ post from Joel Gardiner about how I hurt his feelings. LOL

No one is forcing you to watch the episodes, cya

Starcraft II: Faithless
Warcraft 3: F4ithl3ss
League of Legends: F4ithless
Steam: dubl0six@cs.com - In Game: F4ithl3ss; Faithless; Faithless.sV
-ESEA IM

-Cevo O (soon to be main)

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Apr 17 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That medely that plays when the mouse and pad owner sings, reminds me of one of the Mario64 level songs.

Exactly what I thought!

Zombicus

Zombicus

Mr. Body Massage Machine

• Administrators
  • 928 posts
  • Steam ID:zombicus
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zombicus
  • Gamer Army ID:3067
  • Company:Echo
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Apr 18 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly what I thought!
Dire, Dire Docks
Have to say, I was also thinking this when I heard it the first time. Almost nostalgia'd a bit. :P

I was cracking up at the beginning as well. The person playing the old lady did such a great job with the Jeremy voice!

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
QUOTE (b0niK @ Apr 18 2010, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think Autism and Down syndrome are what you think they are =/

Hes not a random, they met at pwnageddon and now play xboxlive together.

wert

wert
  • Members
  • 159 posts
QUOTE (F4ithl3ss @ Apr 18 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No one is forcing you to watch the episodes, cya
You know, thats a moronic attitude to have to criticism. Most gaming sites im on had a PP thread jump up when the show started, and everyone was excited [for ex, teamliquid]. All of them have dropped to the 2nd, third, fourth page. No one is posting anymore. The last they posted was criticisms. A huge chunk of people on this forums are criticizing the show, the place you'd expect to be the bastion of every fanboy. The reality is that PP is worth criticizing at the moment, cause at the moment it sucks ass. And if it continues to suck ass, people will stop watching- as they likely are- there will be no season 2, and the TV series will become a blight on all their careers. So rather than be antagonistic to people who find recent developments in the show lackluster, or insulting people for "not understanding they had to dumb the characters down" [I know you didnt say that], everyone should be taking these things constructively. And to be an actual fan boy, try to NOT act like a fan boy and be as critical as possible, so the show actually, ye know, improves, and doesn't get canceled. End of the day, who gives a shit if you like it, if most dont? Ratings matter, and I can see of no evidence that PP is holding onto their ratings, let alone expanding them...
QUOTE (retrovirus @ Apr 18 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think Autism and Down syndrome are what you think they are =/

Hes not a random, they met at pwnageddon and now play xboxlive together.

His point still holds. Jeremy didn't even remember who the guy was at first, and suddenly goes from just some guy he plays xbox live with, to some guy he hangs out with everyday, who at the same time seems utterly uninterested in hanging out with Jeremy. They introduced the character in a terrible way, his rl friendship doesn't seem to of progressed in an organic way at all, and his current role seems utterly redundant.

Edited by wert, 18 April 2010 - 08:08 PM.

vargonian

vargonian
  • GA Private
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Vargonian
  • Gamer Army ID:3541
QUOTE (wert @ Apr 18 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, thats a moronic attitude to have to criticism.

Exactly. One of the most idiotic responses to criticism is of the form: "Well if you don't like it, GTFO/STFU/etc." It's the "love it or leave it" false dichotomy. Imagine a world in which there wasn't an avenue for constructive criticism; where everything had to be swallowed whole or else rejected wholesale. I would have dropped out of school, quit my job, left my country, etc. by now. I'd never have finished a single video game either, that's for sure.

Instead, we live in a society where we can provide thoughtful feedback that may actually be heard, and may actually affect change. That's the third, often neglected option between "loving it" and "leaving it". I encourage everyone to consider it.

DFlame6 (TOA)

DFlame6 (TOA)
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • xfire:dflame6
  • Xbox / GFWL:DFlame6
  • PSN:D_Flame
QUOTE (b0niK @ Apr 18 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can I link my inbox?

I could copy and paste but most fanboys would think I would be making it up.

Press the screenshot key> go to paint> paste it in> upload to image site of choice> post here.

StrikerZero

StrikerZero
  • Members
  • 818 posts
QUOTE (b0niK @ Apr 18 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can I link my inbox?

I could copy and paste but most fanboys would think I would be making it up.

oh lol thought it was a forum post.

besides THe cast has 2 know we arent criticizing the actors (Well 2 a small extent) but the Characters they portray. I mean am I the only one who thought they missed a good story Arch possibly.

Doug no longer able to play for the rest of the season, soon descends into a winding path of destruction, ultimately culminating into the Season 1 Climax. We saw just what they did with Jeremy as the ring leader for a day, just imagine after Doug being left alone with this new Idea (Destruction basically) because Jeremy went back to playing games. Doug in this Version is basically much more intensely locked into his own world, as such him venturing into this type of thing isn't that far off.

but yeah On the Tyrel thing thing it does sorta seem odd. The original role (T-Bag) seemed to want to hang out with them, mind you he didn't want to game ALL the time, but he did want to hang out. Here it seems like the character is just here for a little bit of filler.

Also anyone else amazed October didn't get fired???

You basically just lost a entire days business and your boss doesn't do anything??? I mean lets be realistic, if it was just Jeremy and her, Simon wouldn't give a fuck. But his entire business??? Only reason she didn't get fired at the end is because he raised his usual prices and actually came out ahead, but before that just when she said that, anyone would of fired her.

Though a course he said he doesn't like confrontation, but that wouldn't mean he'd just sit back and watch his business get raped on a employee's whim.

I did like the TV series, but there is a lot of questions that persistently come up.

btw anyone laugh uncontrollably when the police "visited" Doug in his second dream lmao. Of all the scenes I never expected that in a PP related thing. xD

Edited by StrikerZero, 18 April 2010 - 09:33 PM.

cONFACE

cONFACE
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Despite the TV series inherently being less original and funny than the webseries I have enjoyed it. Other than the rock band episode I have enjoyed all of the episodes.

Being from Canada I have made a conscious effort to watch the episodes on TV to help out with ratings (I think that is how it works?)

I registered to point out to all the people defending the shows and dissing the critics the fact of the consistent decline in posts and views of the threads for each show.

The thread for the first show had 444 replies and 25,111 views while the thread for this episode has 95 replies and 4,338 views. Pretty easy to deduce the popularity from those stats....

At least after the TV show is canned they will be able to rebound with a killer webisode!

Divideo

Divideo
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • PSN:Kevin Marinier
What was the song that Simon was singing>? Waiting for you....
I cannot find it anywhere. Unless it was just made for the episode.

WeaponHead7

WeaponHead7
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Sup, I've been watching the show for a long time and in fact did register an account in September 06 but such a thing has been lost so here I am with a new one.<br /><br />In actuality I don't play a hell of a lot of games. I play many a game, but in comparison I may seem perhaps on the ghey side of things. I mean I don't play WoW, I rarely play CS these days, but you know, if I had time... Still enjoy me all the wrestling games, I love the Mario games and am loving my Wii (roflcopter?) and 360 and all of my wonderful consoles. Like I said, with more time, there would be more play, but with less time, less play, its a sad story really..<br /><br />Anyways hopefully I'll use this account more then my last. I hear the forums are where the real parties at so may as well contribute.<br /><br />I love your work Geoff, Jarrett and the whole crew and damnit, bring a premier to Aus~!<br /><br />Laters.<br /><br />
Easily the best episode of the TV Series for me so far, was hilarious throughout and it wouldn't have been possible without all the TV resources and such so it gave it a more purposeful feel. The only TV ep so far I think I would rewatch a couple of times. The series as a whole has been decent imo and not held up to the web series but this ep was quality pure pwnage. Would put it up there with some of the web classics. Jeremy trying to vanish and Doug throwing shit at the judge was vintage, amongst the other carnage.

Edited by WeaponHead7, 19 April 2010 - 12:15 AM.

0_o

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:8
I loved the "in thought" sequences, very dramatic, and hilarious, hahaha.

Great ep

Bung

Bung
  • Members
  • 4 posts
+1 the classic movie references continue

BIG THANK YOU TO SHOW CASE FOR GETTING NEW ADS, so tired of that uber-lame trident ad. I figured if I emailed showcase execs theyll ignore me, but I can force the thanks into someone's eyes on here icon_razz.gif

Some of those posts were tl;dr, but seriously, its not about gamers being maladjusted or not, its the fact that doug and jeremy have been gaming since they were 2 or whatever, and never did TPing, potatoe guns, lighting gas on fire, when they were 12 like everyone else. Don't try so hard.

Edited by Bung, 19 April 2010 - 04:22 AM.

TheNOOBIFIER

TheNOOBIFIER

SQUAD ONE - Squad Lead

• GA Private
  • 573 posts
  • Interests:www.mp5t.com
  • Steam ID:TheNoobifier
  • Gamer Army ID:3677
QUOTE (SPK @ Apr 17 2010, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Showcase.ca is available now. Totally agree that this ep must have been a riot to make. The 2001 scene is a perfect PP tribute. Well done! I will admit that I'm getting a little sick of the HPV commercials.

Agreed... "DEMOGRAPHIC"

I don't know what they are thinking but "HPV' and "PP" are not exactly in the target audience....

Why the hell do I care about a Digitally Fuzzy Vagina...

Guess they are thinking that the Gamer is going to watch the show with his girlfriend....

Edited by TheNOOBIFIER, 19 April 2010 - 04:28 AM.

www.mp5t.com
SIGNATURE-1.jpg
TheNOOBIFIER1337.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users