Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Episode 6 - The Day The Lan Center Stood Still

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Master J

Master J
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Not the best, but still decent.

WalkerTxRanger

WalkerTxRanger
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • xfire:vevok
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Apr 16 2010, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously because he picked up the gun from a dead noob. Duh.

I enjoyed the episode. Waiting until I re-watch it tomorrow (while sober) before I post anything more about it.

Makes sense i watched closer and saw he didn't shoot it, at least he isn't using an ak47 with a red dot lol.

wiZZ

wiZZ
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • xfire:pinkeye420
Loved the episode. Doug is awesome yet again.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
From what I saw I didnt actually like it. Ill give it a full watch later.

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
Anyone got a certain link to a tubular view of it?

]

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
This is my favourite episode so far. God, Jarett and Joel were having so much fun doing this icon_sad.gif So jealous.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Taerdin

Taerdin
  • Members
  • 9 posts
This episode didnt do it for me. It didn't feel like there was much of a problem or conflict in it, it was just Doug who didn't seem all that heartbroken about not being able to play, being supported by his friends kind of by forcing themselves to not play games.

For some reason they start getting away with rampant vandalism that engulfs entire streets? Doesnt the fact that they are breaking the law because its the only way they can have fun without games kind of disprove the very last episodes entire point where they talked about how playing video games doesn't make people act crazy in real life? Thats the fastest I've ever seen any show contradict itself, I mean... the very next episode? Anyways...

I've rewatched the entire webseries very recently and I have to say, I really miss Anatasia or an Anastasia type character in the show. She created all these fun cute moments with Jeremy, and also a lot of hilarious awkward ones like when he was doing his "WHOS GOT THE BALLS!" dance and she walks in, or when he asks her "So... you... youlike bawls? OH, no.... no not like that...". Those were some of my favourite moments. Plus she caused tension between Jeremy and Doug that added conflict to the show etc.

I mean October is cool and all but lately she just feels like a girl for the sake of having a girl in the show. She doesn't really add much to it, or interact with the characters in a meaningful way. In this episode she was the only one who could have the idea of not playing games out of the main cast, but that could have just as easily been accomplished by random extra #3 in the background who was sympathetic to Doug's plight. Shes not 'seeing' anyone, theres no 'will they wont they' exciting cliffhangery type stuff... maybe the finale will be her telling Jeremy how she feels or something but for now she seems kind of tacked on, like hey look we have a girl gamer isnt that CRAZY. She needs to at least have a plotline in an episode, aside from the "THATS WHAT YOU GET STEVE YOU FUCKING NINJA!" thing, which was awesome an made a great remix but there needs to be more.

Theres my very long thoughts and criticisms no one will bother to respond to/read. I'm pretty sure I have a point somewhere in there but at the end of the day I guess I'll just keep watching the show because I loved the web series so much and the tv series captures some of that magic that I've missed so much.

Edited by Taerdin, 17 April 2010 - 09:52 AM.

Hoofy

Hoofy
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Hoofy Rogers
Awesome episode. Loved the Jeremy controlling the army shizzle and how fast everything escalated to that level. Hilarious stuff. One of my faves so far!

In response to the person above me. Stop comparing it to the webseries jeez. Seriously get over it. Also there's a million comedy series' that has a "will they won't they" thing going on and it's unbelievably boring. So I'm glad there's the element of that without it taking over every bloody episode.

Gibb94

Gibb94
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Gibb94
  • PSN:<--Licks my pooper
  • Wii:LolWii
I liked it... the whole vandalysm (dont break my balls if I spelt it wrong) gang thing seemed like a Fight Club parody, which would was friggen awesome

bromleyy

bromleyy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Man i loved this, especially when It shows doug plays at home and swat comes and kills him

Pwnage101

Pwnage101
  • GA Sergeant
  • 2,133 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1080
  • Company:Alpha
was good, so far im liking eps 1,2,5

3 and 4 were toal suck tbh.... no seriously they sucked

anthonyoncoffee

anthonyoncoffee
  • Members
  • 192 posts
I really feel Tyrell does 2/5 of a job being T-Bag. In the web series where T-Bag doesn't want to be seen a gamer in public, he does that in a very humorous way. I think it was yesterday where Tyrell did it but it wasn't really funny. Horrible character development... you'd expect more since its on TV now too.

Its really standing out how much of a different direction the TV show is taking. It actually feels like someone else is directing it instead of Geoff doing it. Another thing I want to mention is how the show feels so compact and not being able to go outside the box in order to be creative.

Anyhow, the episode wasn't that great... not much of a plot, not a lot of funny moments, 5.5/10. Its a good thing that the TV series isn't replacing the real Pure Pwnage which is episode 19.

What I did like were, the intro where Kyle introduces what happened, it shows that Kyle has a really cinematic view on things... and then Jeremy's "like" thing going on... that's good old Jeremy... and also the SWAT on Doug... very funny.

Edited by anthonyoncoffee, 17 April 2010 - 11:22 AM.

Matas

Matas

SQUAD ONE - Team Member

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Interests:Science <br />Music<br />poontang clan aint nothin to fuck with
I thought it was pretty good, the space odyssey parody made me laugh!
Freshly Cut - www.myspace.com/freshlycutmusic

wert

wert
  • Members
  • 159 posts
Didn't really like this episode either....again. Havent liked any episode but 3. Was totally unrealistic [rampant vandalism= jail], had some lame jokes/plots ["racist' judge, randomly not playing games even though doug looked all right], and furthered dougs instability [hes delusional now....I've been saying lately he seems ALMOST delusional, but now he actually is...]. It just wasnt good. Not to mention the new t-bag character still seems rather pointless, he does the exact same things t-bag use to do. Hes a cool, womanizing nerd. He doesn't do anything else, he sits in the back ground and eventually references that he's successful with women and disappears. I didn't think T-Bag fit in this series, but new t-bag even less so.

I laughed at a couple points, but what was bad was just so overwhelmingly more bad than what was good...

edit: agree with taerdin, October's character is rather under developed as well, her role is very....eh.

Edited by wert, 17 April 2010 - 11:52 AM.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Iconoclast @ Apr 16 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So like, where can I watch it online so I can discuss the episode?

TheSHADOWLINK

TheSHADOWLINK
  • GA Private
  • 1,102 posts
  • Steam ID:awsomesuper
  • Xbox / GFWL:sh4dowl1nk
  • Wii:sh4dowl1nk
  • Gamer Army ID:3880
Link? Now.

sh4dowl1nk.jpg  -_-

FunkMastaSav

FunkMastaSav
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Computers, Rugby, teh sexez
  • Steam ID:76561197960497858
  • Xbox / GFWL:Jaarie
  • PSN:Jaarie
I think the people arguing that teh TV Series laughs at gamers rather than with them can make an even stronger case now. I enjoyed the episode, but I kinda disliked the "gamers are socially retarded, so they need to be segregated from the general population" message it portrayed at the end.

Oh, and the "VSUCK" reference was pretty awesome.
"Life is a pretty shitty game, but it is has awesome graphics."

userpjx

userpjx

MotM June '07 | teh_watcherer

• GA Corporal
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:I develop games at home.
  • Steam ID:petejohnwilson
  • PSN:userpjx
  • Gamer Army ID:122
QUOTE (Andrack @ Apr 16 2010, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see why that is an idiotic thing to think.

Because that would be boring. Also: gamers + not being able to play games = conflict.

I agree that it started a bit slow, but I think it definitely cam back with a strong ending. This one ranks right under 3 for me. Only 2 left. icon_sad.gif

RattleandHum1988

RattleandHum1988
  • Members
  • 10 posts
I thought it was pretty damn funny. I mean, I've also watched the webseries (the whole thing) very recently (2 days ago) and it's definitely not the same, but none the less, it's still fun watching the same characters do stupid shit like they did in this episode hahaha. I honestly laughed for most of it. Apart from some of the problems I still have (jeremy not really being the show's main core anymore, jeremy talking too fast, not showing enough pwning on actual video games) it was a great episode. Funny stuff.

And it wasn't showing that gamers are socially retarded, I think it was just showing that becauase so many video games involve violence, that's the best thing they know. And seriously, how fun is basketball for a gamer anyway lol. I'd definitely have more fun doing the things they were doing.

Good stuff guys, keep it up.

Me0w

Me0w
  • Members
  • 78 posts
I thought this episode by far was the most entertaining and creative as far as run down pp went back then. 2001 tribute was brilliant and the best use of the big budget filming they've gotten with the tv show. it still lacks the grittyness and believability with jeremy from the first show, but this is nice, but different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users