Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Episode 6 - The Day The Lan Center Stood Still

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Guest_Kraz_*

Guest_Kraz_*
  • Guests
Easily one of my favourites. My frineds and I laughed HARD. You can't expect the same kind of content as the webseries, and on those terms the series is great. One big problem is that so far, in the 4 episodes he's been in, Tyrel has had absolutely no "big" scenes that reveal anything meaningful about him or his character unlike October. However, it's still great.

J2tehJ

J2tehJ
  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:j2tehj
links? pm?z

HotCheetohSandwich

HotCheetohSandwich
  • Members
  • 3 posts
BADASS episode lol. jeremy's intro killed me and that tee shirt bit killed me too. you guys talkin bout ur lack of conflict and shit need to calm down. this show is meant to be funny, not some drama like LOST or some shit. all they need to do is keep fresh jokes coming in and maybe throw in a couple more of those shorts where they voice-over gameplay. love those shits. and there was a "gamers are socially retarded, so they need to be segregated from the general population" message but who cares what a racist judge thinks lol. its more liek they were trying to say that those guys will always find a way back to games cuz thats wut they do.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
I really would hate it for someone to PM me a link to this... that would really piss me off :/

тαg

тαg
  • Members
  • 1,674 posts
  • Interests:I don't like spies.
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Apr 17 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really would hate it for someone to PM me a link to this... that would really piss me off :/

Only people in Canada can see it.
From what I understand, Torrent\proxy is the only way.

Edited by тαg, 17 April 2010 - 03:49 PM.

Alexc26, You win.
Goodbye Forum.

Amarant Helmsley

Amarant Helmsley
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rossdog12
Great Ep, one of the best so far, Looked so fun to make, wish i could get away with shit like that.

Atems

Atems
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • xfire:atemsrlz
One thing is sure.
The canadian special forces are damn fast and racism is bad icon_biggrin.gif
love the intro
http://files.enjin.com/27238/PPgifs/Ep3/Omnomnom-spowis.gif"]http://files.enjin.com/27238/PPgifs/Ep3/Omnomnom-spowis.gif

ZeroTrace

ZeroTrace
  • GA Private
  • 652 posts
  • Evolve:zerotrace
  • Steam ID:zerotrace
  • PSN:rabbhimself
  • Gamer Army ID:2856
  • Company:Gamma
Okay just acquired the ep from the bay of pirates.

It's was an okay episode I guess. 5/10.

I agree with the aforementioned points in regard Doug's character making that final jump to delusional retardation. Both Tyrel and October's characters didn't have any sort of important impact into the episode (both their actions either did nothing to make the show more entertaining or could've been fulfilled by a random extra).

It picked up towards the end and just as I started enjoying it, it ended. Go figure.

And as for a racist judge on the Internet, wasn't funny. The concept behind skirting racism the whole episode was good, but I feel that it could've been implemented in a much funnier way.

Anyway, enough cynicism, the homage to 2001 was 110% brilliant, bravo to the mind(s) that came up with that one.

The webseries references were amusing and I hope my PP shirts have touched Jeremy's balls like in the 'behind the scenes' of the web episodes.

2 episodes left in the season, things can only get better (I hope).

ppgamerarmysiteimagesi7.gif

recruiterimageyp7.png

t0ffe3m4n

t0ffe3m4n
  • Members
  • 122 posts
  • xfire:t0ffe3m4n
Found it a little boring again this week personally.. icon_sad.gif

I still can't get used to the pacing of the episodes. I honestly think Geoff is finding it difficult to work within a 22 minute slot per ep. In the web series he had the freedom to expand as much as he wanted on certain aspects of the show and do it at the right pace and it worked well. They're simply trying to cram too much into each episode imo and the character development since episode 2 has been pretty much non-existant.

I can't be the only one who thinks this?

Okami Yushin

Okami Yushin
  • Members
  • 72 posts
Decent episode overall, I thought. Highlight was probably Jeremy rubbing the shirt on his balls 'cause it caught me off-guard.
Thunder

Londo Molari

Londo Molari
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Liked the episode. Not the best, but not bad. My fav part was when Doug imagined the SWAT team breaking into Doug's house and just opening up on him with automatic weapons just for playing video games. One of the few laugh out loud moments in that ep.

QUOTE (Taerdin @ Apr 17 2010, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some reason they start getting away with rampant vandalism that engulfs entire streets? Doesnt the fact that they are breaking the law because its the only way they can have fun without games kind of disprove the very last episodes entire point where they talked about how playing video games doesn't make people act crazy in real life? Thats the fastest I've ever seen any show contradict itself, I mean... the very next episode? Anyways...
On the contrary, they were demonstrating that video games perform a key function in society by keeping hooligans out of trouble. After all, look at how the other gamers besides Jeremy and Doug stay pretty sane when they stop playing.

Though I can see how it could easily be interpreted the way you said it.

Edited by Londo Molari, 17 April 2010 - 06:21 PM.

eafkuor

eafkuor
  • Members
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:PurePwnage, Computers, Science and Basketball =)
i really liked it

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
It was fucking lol

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Cloud2

Cloud2
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • xfire:someguy295
  • Steam ID:aidanmcw
The best part was the vasectomy reference! "V-SUCK! V-SUCK!"

Compton_Ass_Terry

Compton_Ass_Terry
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3723
the best part was the roflcopter on the hood of the car to the left when they cut back from commercial to the destroyed street. i rolf'd so hard

Taerdin

Taerdin
  • Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (Londo Molari @ Apr 17 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the contrary, they were demonstrating that video games perform a key function in society by keeping hooligans out of trouble. After all, look at how the other gamers besides Jeremy and Doug stay pretty sane when they stop playing.

Pretty sane? What about the fact that many (most?) of them joined Jeremy's vandalism RTS army? I disagree and stand by my previous point.

Thermington

Thermington
  • GA Private
  • 345 posts
  • xfire:Thermington
  • Steam ID:Thermington
  • Wii:803585849083485
  • Gamer Army ID:2081
  • Company:Juliet
These pure pwnage TV eps just get better and better, love them.

76561197980951507.png

Taerdin

Taerdin
  • Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (t0ffe3m4n @ Apr 17 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found it a little boring again this week personally.. icon_sad.gif

I still can't get used to the pacing of the episodes. I honestly think Geoff is finding it difficult to work within a 22 minute slot per ep. In the web series he had the freedom to expand as much as he wanted on certain aspects of the show and do it at the right pace and it worked well. They're simply trying to cram too much into each episode imo and the character development since episode 2 has been pretty much non-existant.

I can't be the only one who thinks this?

Completely agree. I tried to get across this point somewhat in my post. I feel like I dont really know October or Tyrel like at all. October kind of seemed to be into Jeremy but that suddenly disappeared, and her gaming/impact in the show has become nearly nonexistent. Tyrel's contribution in this episode seemed to be to allow for 'is this racist?' jokes without having to feel guilty or something. When he said he didnt want to have to give up his other hobbies and walked out I kind of wished we could have followed him (he was going on a date? what does he do?).

LeetJohn

LeetJohn
  • Members
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Leet John
I lol'd super hard at the whole 'racist' thing.

And at the beginning, Kyle's voice was uber pro.

Edited by LeetJohn, 17 April 2010 - 10:02 PM.

Ok liek even the biggest n00b can tell RL from a video game, these are liek dx 5000 graphics.
Want to see Pure Pwnage Tv? PM me.

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
link pm link pm link pm link pm

]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users