Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lead & Gold: Gangs Of The Wild West

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Sarthis

Sarthis
  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • xfire:prodeus
  • Interests:ive been watching since 1st episode just never got involved with the Forums.. :-/
Lead & Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
http://www.gametrail...gs-of-the/11858

I'm throughly enjoying this game. You guys should buy it, really good mechanics and teamplay.
"You have no purpose in life but to work hard, become successful. Make your money, etc. Everything else will come after. I'm sure we all go through hard times, but if you simply surround yourself around the people you KNOW will be there for you down the road, as well as your family, everything will be okay. The people that really love you, really KNOW." - Troy Dixon

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
Does look good, sadly I don't have any money, and when i do i will be pre ordering SC2 CE, so, i wont buy this till after, but, if anyone is kind and wants to gift it, my Steam name is in the left icon_razz.gif

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

Yeah looks pretty cool. I did try the beta a bit but didn't know anyone who had it.. I should play more of it now that it's out though.. but need to play more of Ballad of Gay Tony first. icon_razz.gif

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • xfire:Whiskerz
  • Interests:Games, Basketball, Lifting.
  • Steam ID:Whiskerz777
  • PSN:Whiskerz
Looks good but it'd be better if it were first person (i like checking out my guns close up icon_razz.gif)

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Looks like Third Person TF2 set in the wild west ... Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Sarthis

Sarthis
  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • xfire:prodeus
  • Interests:ive been watching since 1st episode just never got involved with the Forums.. :-/
It kind of reminds me of TF2 before they added all the achievements and new weapons, which I actually enjoyed more.

It's a straight forward competitive game, no stat tracking or like "RPG" elements, which to me set back games of this genre :-/
"You have no purpose in life but to work hard, become successful. Make your money, etc. Everything else will come after. I'm sure we all go through hard times, but if you simply surround yourself around the people you KNOW will be there for you down the road, as well as your family, everything will be okay. The people that really love you, really KNOW." - Troy Dixon

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,730 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
QUOTE (Sarthis @ Apr 17 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It kind of reminds me of TF2 before they added all the achievements and new weapons, which I actually enjoyed more.

It's a straight forward competitive game, no stat tracking or like "RPG" elements, which to me set back games of this genre :-/

There is a champion ladder type deal, but I don't pay attention to that at all. Only the dicks probably do.

I really like the game, but compared to some of the others I have, it is rarely touched

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
Just bought this game, looks pretty awesome, and for a tenner cant complain really lol.

EDIT: After downloading it and having a go for roughly an hour or under, it is a good game, I don't really know what the XP and ranks are in game for, i don't think they actually contribute to anything, but it is still fun, it is very laggy though at some times, nice that it has achievements, yes many people hate achievements, but its nice to have a goal while playing this so that's pretty cool, 73 achievement's or somewhere round about that, defiantly worth buying this game icon_smile.gif

Edited by Alexc26, 26 April 2010 - 02:32 PM.

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,730 posts
The ranks are based on each individual map or round. They help your accuracy and damage and life. So, the better you play, the easier it gets as the round progresses.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
After playing it even more, it is still an awesome game, one annoying thing with it is that because its third person the camera is behind the shoulder, well, it is always behind the right shoulder, which is really awkward if you go up to a building and you want to look around the left corner, you can't unless you just walk out there, would be nice if there were some dedicated servers as well as more players, but it is good and its not expensive so it is worth buying.

Roguelike

Roguelike
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • xfire:roguelike
  • Steam ID:machinehead187
  • Wii:3408252655091228
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Apr 26 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really know what the XP and ranks are in game for
And I think I've been talked out of it
It's not imbalance, it's asymmetry

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,730 posts
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Apr 30 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After playing it even more, it is still an awesome game, one annoying thing with it is that because its third person the camera is behind the shoulder, well, it is always behind the right shoulder, which is really awkward if you go up to a building and you want to look around the left corner, you can't unless you just walk out there, would be nice if there were some dedicated servers as well as more players, but it is good and its not expensive so it is worth buying.

"v" switches the camera. So you can go from looking over-the-right to over-the-left.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

So played this game for the first time in a bit.. sadly it's already pretty fucking vaccant.. not a lot of servers.. damn this game needs proper bot support asap. icon_razz.gif

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ May 20 2010, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

So played this game for the first time in a bit.. sadly it's already pretty fucking vaccant.. not a lot of servers.. damn this game needs proper bot support asap. icon_razz.gif

But, they have or will be starting beta testing for dedicated servers I think within a week, and dedicated servers will come out soon, so more people I think will play then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users