Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:Chewing bubble gum and kicking ass... and I'm all outta gum!
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:3318
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Goth Skunk @ Apr 24 2010, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fuck.

The.

Canucks.

oh you mad! Cuz the flames were fucked.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
One Canadian team gone. Montreal Monday.

Go Canucks Go?

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Apr 24 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's not much hope left in our team in all honesty, they need a whole new revamp of those crappy managers managing the team. When there's a problem, they'll blame the coach and fire him. We've been through five coaches the past 10 years. And with completely new players on the ice this year, nothing has changed. Obviously the problem is not from the team itself and it's about time our behind the scene guys all get fired and we actually get qualified managers and scouts. And seeing everyone walk out of the Bell Center warmed my heart last game, it's about time the fans actually grow a pair of balls instead of having blind faith in a team who relies more on marketing than winning games.

I haven't liked Bob Gainey, but the scouts are fine. They were the ones who got the decent goal-tenders Montreal has now, and a lot of the good youngsters that the team has. I'd say Montreal has some really good scouts, the issues with the club is that Bob Gainey is still the GM and the fact that the team has no muscle. It's all scrawny guys, I mean you need some small guys but not the whole team. I think getting rid of Komisarek was a bad idea, he added the big D presence, and George Laraque could do the same too.

I still however think it's rude to have the Bell Centre boo Price every time he starts at home, and have them booing the home team is pretty fuckin pathetic too.

frehas

frehas
  • Members
  • 209 posts
I think montreal is just like colorado in most ways.

Young, inexperienced team in need of some veteran leadership and big guys to get them farther.

I lol'd at niemi losing the puck haha

QUOTE (Osama Bin Laden @ Sept 11 2001, 11:12 AM)
Sorry!

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Apr 24 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't liked Bob Gainey, but the scouts are fine. They were the ones who got the decent goal-tenders Montreal has now, and a lot of the good youngsters that the team has. I'd say Montreal has some really good scouts, the issues with the club is that Bob Gainey is still the GM and the fact that the team has no muscle. It's all scrawny guys, I mean you need some small guys but not the whole team. I think getting rid of Komisarek was a bad idea, he added the big D presence, and George Laraque could do the same too.

I still however think it's rude to have the Bell Centre boo Price every time he starts at home, and have them booing the home team is pretty fuckin pathetic too.

The scouts are horrible they've been wasting our first rounders on guys like Max Pacioretty, Andrei Kostitsyn, Kyle Chipchura, Carey Price and a bunch of other idiots that still haven't proven themselves useful in the NHL. And Bob Gainey is technically not the GM anymore, he switched position with his second-hand man.... so there's not much of a different to the managing at the top, it's their lame way to show us that there is.

There's no point in having blind faith. The team has been sucking for 12 years now, it's about time that they start booing the team, maybe that'll be a kick in the ass for the general managers when they're fanbase finally starts answering back to them. And they sold Price to us as the future Patrick Roy of the team, all he's shown to us is that he's a fucking whiney little bitch who can't stop pucks and let's his attitude and arrogance get in his game. I really hope we sign Halak this summer and get rid of Price.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Apr 25 2010, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The scouts are horrible they've been wasting our first rounders on guys like Max Pacioretty, Andrei Kostitsyn, Kyle Chipchura, Carey Price and a bunch of other idiots that still haven't proven themselves useful in the NHL. And Bob Gainey is technically not the GM anymore, he switched position with his second-hand man.... so there's not much of a different to the managing at the top, it's their lame way to show us that there is.

There's no point in having blind faith. The team has been sucking for 12 years now, it's about time that they start booing the team, maybe that'll be a kick in the ass for the general managers when they're fanbase finally starts answering back to them. And they sold Price to us as the future Patrick Roy of the team, all he's shown to us is that he's a fucking whiney little bitch who can't stop pucks and let's his attitude and arrogance get in his game. I really hope we sign Halak this summer and get rid of Price.

I think Price will be a very good goaltender. Patrick Roy was a very one of a kind deal in all honesty, and the funny part is you mention attitude and arrogance and forget that Patrick was and is the biggest arrogant and asshole goaltender to play the NHL at a high level. I think Andrei Kostitsyn is alright as well, but it's probobly best if he gets a chance of scenery and hell he'd probobly have a good season like Latendresse did?

Ever notice that? All the players Montreal trades away (apart from Koivu) do very well with the teams they get sent to? I think it's the negative atmosphere in Montreal and all the pressure the retarded fans (see fans that boo the home team, and fans that expect them to win the cup every year, and anything less demed as sucking.) that causes the massive amounts of underachievements. An hey a little bit more of food for though.

Halak only really has good games when he faces 40 or so shots per game. An this year, all his wins could quite possibly be attributed to playing most of the lower seeded teams, and Price playing all the higher seeded teams. He played every game against Washington in the regular season and won all 4 of those games.

tehRaptors

tehRaptors
  • Members
  • 300 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mx3x
  • PSN:tehRaptors
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Apr 25 2010, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Price will be a very good goaltender. Patrick Roy was a very one of a kind deal in all honesty, and the funny part is you mention attitude and arrogance and forget that Patrick was and is the biggest arrogant and asshole goaltender to play the NHL at a high level. I think Andrei Kostitsyn is alright as well, but it's probobly best if he gets a chance of scenery and hell he'd probobly have a good season like Latendresse did?

Ever notice that? All the players Montreal trades away (apart from Koivu) do very well with the teams they get sent to? I think it's the negative atmosphere in Montreal and all the pressure the retarded fans (see fans that boo the home team, and fans that expect them to win the cup every year, and anything less demed as sucking.) that causes the massive amounts of underachievements. An hey a little bit more of food for though.

Halak only really has good games when he faces 40 or so shots per game. An this year, all his wins could quite possibly be attributed to playing most of the lower seeded teams, and Price playing all the higher seeded teams. He played every game against Washington in the regular season and won all 4 of those games.

alos, most of prices losses have been by 1 or 2 goals, against top teams. Yet, the fans think he sucks cause he stands on his head and makes 50 saves against a top team only to lose 2-1...

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Apr 25 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Price can be the most arrogant piece of crap ever for all I care, but if he's going to be arrogant when he lost more games than winning this season, then he should stop being his whiny self and actually show that he wants to play hockey. He views himself as a legend all ready and he hasn't proven anything unlike Roy who definitely made his presence in his first few years of goaltending. And I think Kostitsyn could pull a Latendresse in another team. His presence is sort of awkward in Montreal, and he doesn't seem to have a good relationship with anyone in the team other than his brother.

Theodore has been doing worst ever since he left Montreal, Huet gave an average season, Kovalev is probably playing his worst season of hockey, Souray is barely playing, Begin is... somewhere. The pressure of Montreal can be an advantage or a disadvantage, look a Pouliot, the guy's great and he barely did anything in Minnesota. You need to find players who can handle the pressure ex: Pouliot, Halak.

Price's potential always comes back when it comes to Price VS Halak. But the reason we're in the playoffs right now is because of Halak. If Price would have been in nets, I'm ready to bet they wouldn't be participating. And I'm tired of waiting for goalies to prove their potential. Hackett, Theodore, Danis, those goalies were suppose to have some sort of future with the team, and they all got traded. I'm not gambling with Price, he's irresponsible and he'll choke. He already can't handle the pressure and keeps his private life public. He's hated by the fans, so for once, let's make things differently and let's ship out the future of the team while he still has some value and give a chance to the underdog, like we could have done with Garon and other names that don't come to mind.

Hellswarm

Hellswarm
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:CSS

tehRaptors

tehRaptors
  • Members
  • 300 posts
QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Apr 25 2010, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Price can be the most arrogant piece of crap ever for all I care, but if he's going to be arrogant when he lost more games than winning this season, then he should stop being his whiny self and actually show that he wants to play hockey. He views himself as a legend all ready and he hasn't proven anything unlike Roy who definitely made his presence in his first few years of goaltending. And I think Kostitsyn could pull a Latendresse in another team. His presence is sort of awkward in Montreal, and he doesn't seem to have a good relationship with anyone in the team other than his brother.

Theodore has been doing worst ever since he left Montreal, Huet gave an average season, Kovalev is probably playing his worst season of hockey, Souray is barely playing, Begin is... somewhere. The pressure of Montreal can be an advantage or a disadvantage, look a Pouliot, the guy's great and he barely did anything in Minnesota. You need to find players who can handle the pressure ex: Pouliot, Halak.

Price's potential always comes back when it comes to Price VS Halak. But the reason we're in the playoffs right now is because of Halak. If Price would have been in nets, I'm ready to bet they wouldn't be participating. And I'm tired of waiting for goalies to prove their potential. Hackett, Theodore, Danis, those goalies were suppose to have some sort of future with the team, and they all got traded. I'm not gambling with Price, he's irresponsible and he'll choke. He already can't handle the pressure and keeps his private life public. He's hated by the fans, so for once, let's make things differently and let's ship out the future of the team while he still has some value and give a chance to the underdog, like we could have done with Garon and other names that don't come to mind.

Whenever price is in net, the habs never score any goals. He had 2.77 GAA with a .912 SA%. Which indicates that he's played better than what his record shows. Theodore won over 40 games this season, yet he had worse stats the price. If your team doesnt give you goal support, you won't win as a goalie.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
QUOTE (tehRaptors @ Apr 25 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whenever price is in net, the habs never score any goals. He had 2.77 GAA with a .912 SA%. Which indicates that he's played better than what his record shows. Theodore won over 40 games this season, yet he had worse stats the price. If your team doesnt give you goal support, you won't win as a goalie.

The team plays extremely defensive when Price is in nets.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Apr 25 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The team plays extremely defensive when Price is in nets.

Montreal can't play defensive hockey, they can't protect the front of the fucking net. Price doesn't get rattled and choke when there's people bumping and shoving him around. Look at game 3 in Montreal, that's a perfect example of why Halak isn't that good and that montreal can't protect the front of the net.

Edit: Rypien basically jumped Clune and wheeled him around with Clunes gloves still on, and then had is arms locked before punching him in the jaw. Pretty fucking cheap not letting a guy get his gloves off to fight you then tying him up before hitting him.

Edited by Sir Kyle Aziz, 25 April 2010 - 04:34 PM.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
Markov doesn't think Price has enough Heart.

When your own D-man, from RUSSIA, is saying that a CANADIAN GOALTENDER doesn't have enough HEART, something is wrong. Something big. You can have all of the potential in the world, but if you have no heart, you're never going to be a great goalie.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Apr 25 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Montreal can't play defensive hockey, they can't protect the front of the fucking net. Price doesn't get rattled and choke when there's people bumping and shoving him around. Look at game 3 in Montreal, that's a perfect example of why Halak isn't that good and that montreal can't protect the front of the net.

My point is not that they don't know how to play defensive but that when Price is in nets, they try to play more defensive. Price has been acting like a bitch for the past 2 years, he whines when he doesn't play, he gets mad all the time and he just doesn't care. So why should Montreal keep him? He'll choke with this attitude, so might as well get rid of him now.

And like Original Sin said, even the team is criticizing his attitude and the way he plays. He's such a negative aspect to the team.

Edited by PwnDaddy123, 25 April 2010 - 06:02 PM.

frehas

frehas
  • Members
  • 209 posts
I get from all that, that everyone thinks montréal is going to lose the series vs washington.
Yes?

What about tonights Kings cannucks game?
Do you think it's going to be won tonight or go to game 7 for a do-or-die?

QUOTE (Osama Bin Laden @ Sept 11 2001, 11:12 AM)
Sorry!

tehRaptors

tehRaptors
  • Members
  • 300 posts
QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Apr 25 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My point is not that they don't know how to play defensive but that when Price is in nets, they try to play more defensive. Price has been acting like a bitch for the past 2 years, he whines when he doesn't play, he gets mad all the time and he just doesn't care. So why should Montreal keep him? He'll choke with this attitude, so might as well get rid of him now.

And like Original Sin said, even the team is criticizing his attitude and the way he plays. He's such a negative aspect to the team.

I hope Price leaves as a RFA in the offseason, then dominates for whatever team he goes to.

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:Chewing bubble gum and kicking ass... and I'm all outta gum!
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:3318
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (frehas @ Apr 25 2010, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get from all that, that everyone thinks montréal is going to lose the series vs washington.
Yes?

What about tonights Kings cannucks game?
Do you think it's going to be won tonight or go to game 7 for a do-or-die?

personally, I don't keep up with hockey that much (i'm more of a banchwagon type guy, although not anymore).
But for the last decade or so, the canucks never made it past 1st or second round. They always tend to choke.
Look at last year. They sweeped the first round yet they chocked in second.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Oh shit, 2-2 with 4 mins left in the 3rd period! 'Could go 7.

I'm glad the 'Yotes are goin to game 7. I hope they beat Detroit. Hate the wings.

Edit: 3-2 Vancouver with 2 minutes left!!

Edited by Sir Kyle Aziz, 25 April 2010 - 10:32 PM.

tehRaptors

tehRaptors
  • Members
  • 300 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Apr 25 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh shit, 2-2 with 4 mins left in the 3rd period! 'Could go 7.

I'm glad the 'Yotes are goin to game 7. I hope they beat Detroit. Hate the wings.

Edit: 3-2 Vancouver with 2 minutes left!!

re-edit that again... its 4-2 canucks

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Bah it was close. I would have liked a game 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users