Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Uk General Election 2010

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will you vote for? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

I am a UK citizen and I will vote for the

1. Conservative Party (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Labour Party (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. Liberal Democrat Party (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

4. Local Regional party (i.e. SNP, Plaid Cymru) (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

5. British National Party (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. UK independence party (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Other (1 votes [3.85%])

8. I am not a UK citizen (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

I am a non-UK citizen and I would vote for

1. Conservative Party (1 votes [3.85%])

2. Labour Party (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. Liberal Democrat Party (5 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

4. Local Regional Party (i.e. SNP, Plaid Cymru) (1 votes [3.85%])

5. British National Party (0 votes [0.00%])

6. UK independence Party (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Other (1 votes [3.85%])

8. I am a UK citizen (15 votes [57.69%])

Percentage of vote: 57.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,067 posts
  • xfire:badazzewok
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ganonheart
They need to be controlled regardless of what "they think is best" because banks are ran by people, and people are selfish, cant out right ban there bonuses if they do a good job though, rewarded for doing a good job, not just for being there another year.

Not to sure if you were being serious about green party getting a seat or not though icon_razz.gif lol

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
QUOTE (Master C @ Apr 16 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scrapping trident: Leaves Britain unsecure.

You know I'm fairly they're not actually talking about scrapping trident or at least not without everyone else disarming. Instead they just don't want to replace them on a like for like basis and our current fleet still has a fairly long lifespan anyway. We'll still have our deterrent.

Edited by Rob`, 16 April 2010 - 11:24 AM.

Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Rob` @ Apr 16 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know I'm fairly they're not actually talking about scrapping trident or at least not without everyone else disarming. Instead they just don't want to replace them on a like for like basis and our current fleet still has a fairly long lifespan anyway. We'll still have our deterrent.

That amounts to the same thing I believe? It'll just take longer, but thats no real consolation in an uncertain future.

And theres no way everyone will be persuaded to disarm, unfortunately.

@ Ganon I think I saw the greens had a very good chance in Brighton. Or somewhere near there, not sure.

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,067 posts
Really? Woulden't have thought of Brighton in that sense, been several times, mouthy gits down there.

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Master C @ Apr 16 2010, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least none that I'm aware of, I suppose the conservatives are the closest though.

Kind of I fucking hate someone telling me what social values I should have

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
Still relevant even now.

And everyone should take this.

http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

I got Green and Libdem as highest. And no C I don't know where the greens intend to get 44G either.

(Using G as in Giga as in 109, oh yeah baby.)

Edited by Rob`, 20 April 2010 - 02:51 PM.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
Ha the problem with PR is it disadvantages the very people who can pass it :/.

Doing quiz now.

richmeister

richmeister
  • Members
  • 1,476 posts
  • xfire:richmeister6666
Whoa, completely missed this thread.

Nick Clegg's surge in popularity is only because he is the only politician in living memory that actually looks into the eyes of the people who he talks to and seriously "looks" like he's telling the truth. He's only got a boost in the polls because people want a change not of politics, but of politicians, who dont lie and backtrack and u turn. As much as i disagree with many of Clegg and the lib dem's policies, he is the type of person who should be prime minister, not the other 2.

Cameron imo is still all words and no substance, I've been incredibly frustrated at him not setting out his stall and saying "we'll do this, and this" before the election came along and he was streets ahead in the polls. If he would've done that, this election would be a landslide conservative victory.

What i hope people will realise is that a vote for lib dems is also a vote for labour, as they will keep power in a hung parliament. Voting conservative is still the sure fire way of getting change of any sort.

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
QUOTE (richmeister @ Apr 20 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What i hope people will realise is that a vote for lib dems is also a vote for labour, as they will keep power in a hung parliament. Voting conservative is still the sure fire way of getting change of any sort.

That depends on the constituency that you vote in. In my home constituency it's between Lib Dems and Conservatives where Labour don't stand a chance, so a Lib Dem victory is the best Labour can hope for.
However here it's between Lib Dems and Labour so a Lib Dem victory is the best Conservatives can hope for here.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
Lol that quiz made me laugh.

http://voteforpolici...s/4BCE0FD985771

Or (whatever link works)

http://vfp.me/4BCE0FD985771

UKIP!? Reaaally!?

I was a bit lazier for the later questions though, so my reading wasn't quite so thorough then!

@ above two posts, I dont agree with strategical voting. I think you should just vote for the party you want, just on the principle of the matter. One vote never made a difference anyways.

Edited by Master C, 20 April 2010 - 03:38 PM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Master C @ Apr 20 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol that quiz made me laugh.

http://voteforpolici...s/4BCE0FD985771

Or (whatever link works)

http://vfp.me/4BCE0FD985771

UKIP!? Reaaally!?

I was a bit lazier for the later questions though, so my reading wasn't quite so thorough then!

@ above two posts, I dont agree with strategical voting. I think you should just vote for the party you want, just on the principle of the matter. One vote never made a difference anyways.

http://vfp.me/4BCE13944F07E

I got 25% BNP, 25% Green Party, 25% UKIP and 25% Conservatives lol.

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
QUOTE (Master C @ Apr 20 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Idealism coupled with realism. There's got to be a contradiction here icon_razz.gif

Edited by Rob`, 20 April 2010 - 03:59 PM.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
I SHOULD VOTE UKIP/LABOUR BUT I'M GOING TO VOTE CONSERVATIVES FFS.

Theres the real contradiction.

Edited by Master C, 20 April 2010 - 04:01 PM.

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
Well one thing you should consider is in which issues you support which party. Even after scoring higher for Labour and UKIP it might be because in the issues you care less about you think their policies make a bit more sense but in the issues you do care about you might find yourself supporting Conservatives. In that situation I would still say you should vote Tory. Of course if the exact opposite is true then you probably need to reconsider who you're voting for. Or just vote Lib Dem like a truly sensible person icon_razz.gif

Personally I scored equally for Lib Dem and Labour and higher for Greens but when I did select Labour's policy I was always torn between theirs and several others but with the Lib Dems it was always between them and the greens (or policies that looked like what Green would put forward) so despite what the percentages say I'm still supporting Green and Lib Dem over Labour.

Edited by Rob`, 20 April 2010 - 04:20 PM.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
For me the problem was many of the policies sounded good, but required intensive spending. So I was kinda juggling good ideas with their cost and realistic output.

Also I wish I had looked at some of the "read more policies here", some of the hidden UKIP ones I really don't agree with.

I'm pretty comfortable sticking with my Conservative vote.

Edited by Master C, 20 April 2010 - 04:31 PM.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
QUOTE (richmeister @ Apr 20 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cameron imo is still all words and no substance, I've been incredibly frustrated at him not setting out his stall and saying "we'll do this, and this" before the election came along and he was streets ahead in the polls. If he would've done that, this election would be a landslide conservative victory.

I agree that Cameron hasn't really laid out is policies at all yet. They aren't really clear and defined yet. Did any of you find in the debates that most of he policies from the parties could have been coming from any of them. They didn't really show their place on the political map.
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,067 posts
http://voteforpolici...s/4BCE81A5F3F8F

I feel rather dirty i got 25% BNP. But death penalty should be used on pedophiles and rapists.

richmeister

richmeister
  • Members
  • 1,476 posts
QUOTE (Rob` @ Apr 20 2010, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That depends on the constituency that you vote in. In my home constituency it's between Lib Dems and Conservatives where Labour don't stand a chance, so a Lib Dem victory is the best Labour can hope for.
However here it's between Lib Dems and Labour so a Lib Dem victory is the best Conservatives can hope for here.

if a seat is only really between labour and lib dems then its probably a very safe seat for labour anyway

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
QUOTE (richmeister @ Apr 21 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if a seat is only really between labour and lib dems then its probably a very safe seat for labour anyway

That makes no sense whatsoever.

richmeister

richmeister
  • Members
  • 1,476 posts
QUOTE (Rob` @ Apr 21 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes no sense whatsoever.

k

out of the 2 parties, the lib dems and labour, labour has more seats (obviously). So the likelyhood is, the hypothetical seat being contested here would already be held by labour, and since most seats are hotly contested between conservatives and labour, if the only other party that could win that seat is lib dem then that seat is a pretty safe left wing seat. If the lib dems won the seat it wouldnt really do the conservatives any favours as the conservatives need a majority while in a hung parliament labour will keep power. In fact, it wouldnt do anything to the conservative cause at all, since they havent won or lost a seat.

If the seat was held by lib dems, then it would be best for them to keep that seat for the conservatives, since it would be +1 seat for labour if they won it. The lib dems dont have enough for a hung parliament (obviously) atm.

So if the lib dems kept all their seats, but didnt win any more, while the conservatives racked up some contested labour seats then that would be the only way the conservatives can get into power. Understand? I hope that made sense

tl;dr a vote for lib dems is basically a vote for labour as labour will keep power in a hung parliament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users