Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 4 - Rock On

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
The episode was fine, the "Fuck off" from Doug to the rocker dude was great, October's singing came out of nowhere, Jeremy's road to pwn was on form and Tyrel in the tub was fucking random, but good. The interviews were funny, and Kyle dropping out that Rock Band crap was a nice finisher. I mean, it's not AS good as the previous episode, but it's hardly bad at all. I'm really confident with how this tv show is going.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

rythem

rythem
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • xfire:rythem
i've been a fan since the first web episode and I have just about every piece of clothing that they sell. Huge fan. Anyway, as far as the TV episode is concerned, I feel like they are re-doing what has already been done through the web episodes. They have to do this because they need to get the rest of the TV audience that has never seen the show up to speed on the characters. Each episode so far has been a re-hashing of the web series, almost episode for episode.

As far as the characters, I really hope the black guy isn't the new t-bag. I couldn't fathom them bringing him back. I do hope they bring back Dave. He was one of the best characters and I think alot of the episodes were brought to live through Dave.

Anyway, So far the TV series has been "ok". As I sad before, a re-hash of the web series.

ArakniD

ArakniD
  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • xfire:araknid00
  • Interests:Alot of stuff, I'll finish this later
My thoughts on Ep. 4:

Had me loling from the very beginning. Seeing Doug rage always cracks me up!!

I like that this show was supposed to be like a behind the music, haha.
It was just a reminder not to take to too seriously and have fun, which I did.

That "Rocker Dude" was hilarious, he's from that one movie right?
Just a funny random ass cameo by that guy.

Back to the Future reference ftw.

When Doug was all excited that his mom showed her boobs?
LOL!
Man...
These characters.
The fight between October and Jeremy haha gawd.
This was really funny.

More Pure Pwnage music is always nice too!
But that stuff between Kyle and October..
and the music video were a little .. awkward? idk
And one thing I always liked about Pure Pwnage was that it didnt make up video game stuff like other shows.
But I understand why they had to do it, it's hard to get licensing permission I guess.

Overall this was a good ep, it had it's faults, but for the most part, really fun.
Thanks, see ya next week guys!

rythem

rythem
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • xfire:rythem
QUOTE (ArakniD @ Apr 4 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That "Rocker Dude" was hilarious, he's from that one movie right?
Just a funny random ass cameo by that guy.

He's from the Band Anvil

http://www.anvilthemovie.com/

They had a documentary on one of the channels a few months back.

toymachinesh

toymachinesh
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:cRANKbALL
QUOTE (Mysticman89 @ Apr 3 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What was that rock band/guitar hero thing they were playing?

Something made specificly for the show, or some third party thing that I haven't seen, or is it actually an official game that I missed?

Pretty sure it's a modified version of Frets on Fire or FoFix.

Google it.

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
  • xfire:vaughnlesterinoz
  • Steam ID:teh_HyDr0iD
I didn't think the episode wasn't as bad as most of you are making out. Sure it wasn't the funniest one out there but it was decent. I think Doug was just his usual self in it. Again it was obvious he was just there to have fun. XD

Intel Core i7 870 | Corsair H50 Watercooler | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600MHz
Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy GTX 460 768MB SLI | OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD
2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD RAID-0 | Corsair HX850W PSU | Samsung Blu-Ray

BLaZinG FurY

BLaZinG FurY
  • GA Private
  • 348 posts
  • xfire:BBBLaZinGFurYYY
  • Interests:My friends.<br />My games.<br />My music.<br />My band.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />...and Laser tag...that's always important :]
  • Steam ID:MLG_BLaZinG_FurY
  • Xbox / GFWL:BBBLaZinGFurYYY
  • Gamer Army ID:3815
Doug-boner Headshots ALL.
NO Exceptions.
QUOTE (OctoberPPTV @ Mar 13 2010, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And erm, Blazing Fury. I think I love you.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (b0niK @ Apr 4 2010, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ The people who say, no plot in the web... Maybe you should watch it again... Didn't the masterer appear in episode 2 giving Jeremy his first mission?!

This made me lawl.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 705 posts
  • Steam ID:Seantbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Seantbh
QUOTE (Spowis @ Apr 5 2010, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The episode was fine, the "Fuck off" from Doug to the rocker dude was great, October's singing came out of nowhere, Jeremy's road to pwn was on form and Tyrel in the tub was fucking random, but good. The interviews were funny, and Kyle dropping out that Rock Band crap was a nice finisher. I mean, it's not AS good as the previous episode, but it's hardly bad at all. I'm really confident with how this tv show is going.

This is pretty much how I feel. Looking forward to the next episode now.

Yackemflaber

Yackemflaber
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • PSN:Yackemflaber
in case anyone was still wondering why you cant watch the episodes from the Showcase website, here's what they told me:
Hi there,

If you are trying to watch our videos from an IP address not in Canada then that is why you can’t view the videos. Currently our videos are geoblocked and only available to residents with Canadian IP addresses.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Denex

Denex
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:d3n3x
  • PSN:commaded
QUOTE (Xander756 @ Apr 3 2010, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems like they are trying too hard to be funny. The reason the web series was funny was because they would just make a couple of video game-related wise cracks.

Exactly! That was the whole thing behind it. And I think teh TV series is stripping PP from that.

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
this is the only episodes i saw that i didn't absolutely love

ep 1: 10/10
ep 2: 10/10
ep 3: 10/10
ep 4: 7/10

i felt really bad for rocker dude icon_sad.gif

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

Krantastic

Krantastic

SQUAD ONE - Team Member

• GA Private
  • 56 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2756
  • Company:Bravo
My rambling thoughts:

I don't understand why some people thought the episode was so "painful". The documentary in a documentary style probably won't appear again anyways,
so you guys have little to worry about if you liked 1, 2 and 3.

For the "filler" complaints, what overarching story would you prefer? I see this criticism as more justified than others because there really wasn't much going on plot wise. However, Jarett and Geoff made what they made and I for one am eager to see the rest of the episodes even if there's no explosions and cliffhanger endings. I don't know how to address this without faith that Jarett and Geoff have made a good show. I must agree that so far there is little evidence of a progressing story, but I still find the episodes enjoyable. We do learn a bit more about the characters with each episode.

I can't really empathize with those who felt the episode was too awkward or cheesy. I just didn't feel that way about it. Maybe I'm a poor judge of entertainment media.

I can't address the "worst episode ever" posts... the reasoning to arrive at that claim must be so sophisticated that it goes way over my head. Or perhaps it is because there is little justification in those posts (forgive me if I missed any good arguments for "worst ep ever,"; I didn't read the whole thread).

I do agree that Jeremy and Doug are much more exaggerated in their respective eccentricities than the web series. Jeremy developed a lot over the course of the webseries and I felt he was genuinely more likeable towards the end. With the reboot of the series it's pretty weird watching a different Jeremy. I did think the whining was a bit over the top in episode 2. Every small thing provoked a "God, Kyle!" (how did the broken guitar get on that side of the couch anyways? lol) I guess it will be all the nicer if we see Jeremy grow up a bit during the TV series but I don't think that's likely. Someone commented that Jeremy isn't as laid back in the TV series. That's definitely true. Consider in episode 12 when he shows the TV execs his balls and has to calm down Kyle. It's probably a decision they made when rebooting the show. It's possible that TV-Jeremy is supposed to be more archetypal. Or it might be due to less drinking around the filming, as releaved in recent interviews... haha. Jarett himself must be under more stress when acting so maybe some of that is reflected in Jeremy. I think it's more likely a concious decision, though. We'll be in a better position to judge if it was a good decision when the TV series is over.

Doug seems even more insane in the TV series than the webseries. He hardly seems capable of holding a conversation now. To be fair, I haven't watched much of the web series in a long time so I may have an inacurrate memory of Doug. I suppose Doug doesn't get much chance to demonstrate his social skills anyways, except when he confronted Rocker Dude, since he usually answers short questions from Kyle or holds short exchanges with Jeremy between scenes. This is probably due to the fast pace of the show. The webseries had more relaxed scenes, like in episode 12 when Doug was hanging out with Jeremy + Tagi. Doug is hilarious anyways, always being full of energy is true to his character so that's nice to see.

Someone noted that Tyrel has little backstory... it does seem like he came out of nowhere. It would be nice to find out more about him. There really wasn't room for that in the style this episode took, which is unfortunate since he was just introduced in the previous episode. Maybe more interview scenes with Tyrel would have been nice. I guess Kyle as a character is into October which may introduce some bias in his show, haha. There were a lot of those interview scenes with her.

I thought the stoner co-worker was pretty great in this episode.

Delorted had a good post about the speed of the show. Watching an episode of the webseries after the TV series made it really apparent how much faster paced the TV series is. I think the relaxed feel of the webseries feels more natural for a film student making a documentary about his brother. In episodes 1 and 2 of the webseries it seemed like Jeremy and Kyle never stayed in one place for more than 5 minutes. I guess it could be heavier editing on Kyle's part, since he's making a show in the show... haha. They definitely don't have time for as many walking scenes in 22 minute episodes.

QUOTE (Hades. @ Apr 4 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't even finish the episode.. First ep I have ever just shut off :\

I didn't even finish your post :/ ... j/k. Really, though, you could have elaborated a bit more.

TL;DR
It's different; I enjoyed it.

Edit, the first: I felt really bad for Rocker Dude too!

Edited by Krantastic, 05 April 2010 - 05:05 PM.

cube

cube
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hai there!

If someone wants to watch the eps but is having trouble with it or doesn't know how to watch the pp episodes, I might be able to help (=
Send me a private message icon_razz.gif

-Greetings from the United Kingdom! xx

btw, I did not like this 4th episode this much either

Clerlic

Clerlic
  • Members
  • 7 posts
I loved it.

Denex

Denex
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:d3n3x
  • PSN:commaded
QUOTE (Krantastic @ Apr 5 2010, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do agree that Jeremy and Doug are much more exaggerated in their respective eccentricities than the web series. Jeremy developed a lot over the course of the webseries and I felt he was genuinely more likeable towards the end. With the reboot of the series it's pretty weird watching a different Jeremy. I did think the whining was a bit over the top in episode 2. Every small thing provoked a "God, Kyle!"

That's what I was thinking, but the reboot I think is just something we do have to live with (contradicting my older post) since alot of people just can't go online and see the original series apparently. But those are just my selfish views.

HotCheetohSandwich

HotCheetohSandwich
  • Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (DeLoRtEd1 @ Apr 4 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I've been watching Pure Pwnage since the very very beginning. I'm also watching the TV show now, and I like it. But I have one major complaint.

Jeremy talks too fast.

Compare his kinda apathetic "whatever" pwnage attitude in Episode 1 of the Web Series to his highly aggressive and cocky asshole Jeremy in the TV series. I think he needs to tone it back a bit. Less cocky, more laid-back about his pwning.

I think it'll help make the TV show, to be honest.

You need to watch episode 1 again. Jeremy talked hecka faster, said like every other word, and totally didnt have his character down. Besides, an irritable, cocky, immature asshole is way more interesting than some spineless roob.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (DeLoRtEd1 @ Apr 4 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think you understand what I mean. I'm trying to say that Jeremy feels forced. The asshole Jeremy is coming out and that's all we see. It's 2 Dimensional, whereas I think the early Jeremy had some character flaws.

I was only commenting about you saying he talks to fast, not about how his character has changed from the web series.

OctoberPPTV

OctoberPPTV
  • PP Cast
  • 42 posts
QUOTE (Amarant Helmsley @ Apr 4 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
other ones aswell

Also October/Melanie has got a good voice <hope she not gonna leave PP to try and persue a singing career>

GG

HAHA I wouldn't worry about that - but thanks!!

QUOTE (ay-c @ Apr 4 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alot of people are complaining about lack of plot / filler episode etc. Just noticed Joel's twitter earlier on asking if Seinfeld had a plot. It didn't and was just a comical masterpiece per episode. Perhaps Joels linking this to some of the rants on this thread.

OMG I saw that but I never even connected the dots! good catch. haha Joel's makes me laugh.

QUOTE (Nerd_Rage @ Apr 4 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My only complaint is the episodes are only 22 some odd minutes! It'd be sweet if they were longer. icon_wink.gif

Agreed.

QUOTE (Bl!ndf!re @ Apr 5 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is the only episodes i saw that i didn't absolutely love

i felt really bad for rocker dude icon_sad.gif

haha me too. but he got paid, so...

eafkuor

eafkuor
  • Members
  • 552 posts
Ok, I have just watched it for the second time. I have to admit it is not THAT bad. I think we just have to realize this has nothing to do with the web series, then we will be able to enjoy the TV series as well.

This being said, the web series will always remain unique and magical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users