Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 4 - Rock On

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

Londo Molari

Londo Molari
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I didn't think ep 1 was very funny, but that's probably cuz it had many of the same jokes as the web series repeated.

Episode 2 was orgasmic.

Episode 3 was multi-orgasmic.

Episode 4 I did not like. There were even points in the first half where I was like "im bored... i don't really want to watch this". The picture with a serious faced Doug pretty much kissing Jeremy was awkard, and then they zoomed out and it was hilarious how he was crouched up there... but not funny enough to get rid of the awkwardness.

Maybe its just because I'm not a music fan, or maybe cuz I've seen this "band mockumentary" thing done a billion times before. This is by far my favorite show on TV right now, hopefully next episode will get back on track.

Xiphiass

Xiphiass

MotM April 07 | Best MMO-RPG Contributor

• GA Private
  • 2,460 posts
  • Interests:Your mom!
  • Steam ID:itrust
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:160
  • Company:Theta
It was pretty bad, let me tell you sommthin.

Compton_Ass_Terry

Compton_Ass_Terry
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3723
lol @ all teh noobs complaining.

it wasn't great. no big deal. it'll bounce back. for me it brought teh funneh enough for me to mildly enjoy it. it wasn't as epic as the first 3 but meh, that's tv. sometimes it's good. sometimes it's not.

half of the webseries was boring as fuck and those episodes were like 40+ minutes a piece at times.

as i have said before in other posts.

some of you people need to get a tube of vagisil and go clear the sand out of your vagina's

srsly

bunch of fucking whiney ass bitches on this forum

Mysticman89

Mysticman89
  • GA Private
  • 180 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3030
  • Company:Charlie
What was that rock band/guitar hero thing they were playing?

Something made specificly for the show, or some third party thing that I haven't seen, or is it actually an official game that I missed?

Hoofy

Hoofy
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Hoofy Rogers
Serious respect to compton and a few other posters above. They're honest about they're opinion without resorting to blatent over the top comments like "Worse thing on tv ever".

It's like watching a new drama. Say the first 8 episodes fully grab your interest and then episode 9 doesn't quite satisfy as much as the previous. To then come out with "OMG this show has forgotten it's roots. Character X spoke 5 decibels louder and at a rate of 3.3 words a second instead of the previous 2.9 and therefore has COMPLETELY LOST ALL CREDABILITY!" is a bit silly me thinks.

Your allowed to not like an episode. Your allowed to criticise an episode. But please fuck off if you think they owe you 20 minutes of your life for not tickling your balls in the right manner.

Disclaimer: Quote's are fictional and I don't owe you the 10 seconds you spent reading them

teh_blintz0r

teh_blintz0r
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:pwning, h4x, 1337ness
Episode was fantastic. Put to rest a lot of my fears about T-Bag 2.0.

Kyle, Doug, Jeremy, and October are just perfect together. It's good that the show's staying close to that formula.

bang911

bang911
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:bang911
This is an episode you just want to totally forget about after you watch it.

I would hate for this to be the first show someone watches of Pure Pwnage, it didn't do the show justice.

Edited by bang911, 04 April 2010 - 12:09 AM.

9sam1

9sam1

best music contributor 2006

• Members
  • 1,961 posts
  • xfire:9sam1
  • Interests:Your mom
This didn't even feel like an episode of PP. It was like they took poorly acted versions of the characters and spliced them into a shitty 20 minute long SNL sketch about Guitar Hero.

Aldundra

Aldundra
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • PSN:aldundra
I'm really liking the range that they're showing on the tv show. The music vidieo made me LAWL... hillarious and very well done. It was kinda ackward watching the episode during the beginning but I got used to it once the music video started. I guess it just took a while getting used to the "mockumentary" style that they used for this episode. It got pretty funny towards the end... imo, it was a pretty good episode with a nice change of style.

TBH, I prefer them doing "fillers" rather than a show with a storyline... It's very difficult being funny while writting a storyline for a show about video games... this is shown to be true clearly on the webseries: once they started to get more into "story mode" from ~episode 11 and after, the show became less funny, imo. I enjloyed the episodes from season 1 a lot more than I did those of season 2. It's hard to be funny and serious at the same time in order to make a story-line work... cause you need to be serious about a story if you want it to be good.

What I would REALLY want them to do, is to have a solid/cool/fun story-line with fillers here and there... and I think that's what they'll do. I predict that the next episode will add more to the story-line. If not, then so what, as long as it's funny I'll keep on watching.

QUOTE (Myren @ Apr 3 2010, 01:17 PM) *
Guys, this is a comedy tv series, not something like a drama series which is always going to have a storyline. To call it the "Worst thing you have watched on TV" is a bit much dont you think?

Nice dude, you summed it up pretty well.. in 2 sentences! pp_smiley7.gif

Uhhh..............what he said

I thought it was funny, not amazing, but not horrible like most of you guys are making it out to be

WeaponHead7

WeaponHead7
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Sup, I've been watching the show for a long time and in fact did register an account in September 06 but such a thing has been lost so here I am with a new one.<br /><br />In actuality I don't play a hell of a lot of games. I play many a game, but in comparison I may seem perhaps on the ghey side of things. I mean I don't play WoW, I rarely play CS these days, but you know, if I had time... Still enjoy me all the wrestling games, I love the Mario games and am loving my Wii (roflcopter?) and 360 and all of my wonderful consoles. Like I said, with more time, there would be more play, but with less time, less play, its a sad story really..<br /><br />Anyways hopefully I'll use this account more then my last. I hear the forums are where the real parties at so may as well contribute.<br /><br />I love your work Geoff, Jarrett and the whole crew and damnit, bring a premier to Aus~!<br /><br />Laters.<br /><br />
God damn I can't believe people preferred episode 3 over this. You can give criticism of course and I agree with a lot of it (especially Jeremy's "GOSH" fest, wtf dude), but after all the complaining about how PP needed to get back to focusing on games this episode gets slandered despite completely revolving around Rock Band. Meanwhile episode 3 was all about... Jeremy getting laid? I have still enjoyed the series and while I agree with a lot of the criticism and that the show has changed, I'm dumbfounded that people put Ep 3 above Ep 4. Lots of moments in this one. 2>1>4>3

What was so cringe worthy about "Tilt your Guitar"? Unless you get awkward about people.. Singing.. Which some people do which isn't a fault of what they are watching its more the awkwardness of the person watching.

People dreamed of Pure Pwnage on a weekly basis when it was still every couple of months with the web series. To be a weekly TV show, to be a TV show at all, unfortunately for some this is how its gotta be really. Old PP worked in its quarterly (or so) format but it needed a different energy and pace and style for TV and that what its done. Following the Web series for so long like most of us have of course this new PP is going to take us for a bit of a whirl but I'm sure anyone who has checked out Showcase for the show and not watched the web series has no problem with it. I still find it epic that Geoff and Jarrett and the crew have a freakin' TV show. I'm sure they are reading all the criticism and maybe they can make some changes for Season 2 (if there's gonna be a second TV series, I have no idea) but a lot still seem to be enjoying what they are putting out so. 4 more episodes to balance out the series into something great, and it hasn't been THAT BAD so far anyway.

Edited by WeaponHead7, 04 April 2010 - 01:22 AM.

0_o

alpha2018

alpha2018
  • Members
  • 7 posts
I usually don't post on the forums, but this episode was plain terrible. It was filled over-the-top with cheese. Like others have said, this is the first episode that I wanted to stop watching halfway through because it was so painful. I love pure pwnage, and this is not the direction I want the series to go in. Stuff like this will kill the show.

Part of the problem is that none of the characters are believable in this episode. It also felt completely uninspired. Geoff: please go back and watch the earliest episodes of the pure pwnage web series, regain your inspiration and realize the things that made the show a success in the first place.

Edited by alpha2018, 04 April 2010 - 01:34 AM.

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
tarantinoing the spinal tap movie = 0/10. good thing i was slightly drunk before watching this episode. you'd have to be.

and i've found that whenever people mix comedy with music, it never turns out funny or interesting.

Iv KRONOS vI

Iv KRONOS vI
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Xbox live, Guitar, Skateboarding, College.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Iv KRONOS vI
  • PSN:Liquid-Jester
QUOTE (oymama @ Apr 3 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the tv show is amazing especially when all jeremy cares about is getting the high score in rockband or guitar hero. But the only thing that lieks my balls is that t-bag is no longer in pure pwnage. Please bring him back

You realise Troy(T-Bag) died in a car accident some time ago. Basically you just said his death licks your balls, congrats you fail.
Oh and I enjoyed this episode, but I do have to say the old PP feeling is gone and I really do miss it. It used to just be a show that was made for fun and so everyone acted natural. Now it's for money, and I don't blame them, I just misstheold style of acting and the old humor.

BattleCrap

BattleCrap
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hmm, im 50/50 on this episode. Make sure you get back to the plot with next episode.
This episode would be good as a "bonus episode" once the season finishes.

Maires

Maires
  • Members
  • 10 posts
I had a great time watching this episode. I liked it a lot more than episode 4. Although it was different with the behind the music theme... I thought it was pretty funny. The Picture of Doug and Jeremy was the best! I loved it.

I laughed so had in this ep.

I've been a fan of the show since the beginning, and as much as I miss the webisodes, I think seeing it on TV is still very awesome.

Don't be a hater.

U guise is 2 surius!

I want the photos from their photo shoots!! Everyone looked great.

Change is good. Classic stuff is good too. Web Episode 19 is coming, so just let the TV Show go its own way. We're not the only ones they're trying to appeal to.

Bears and Bawls Sacks FTW

Zoom!

Zoom!
  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • xfire:jackabol33t
  • Interests:Music, Games and Sports.
  • PSN:Jick-Saw
guitar hero and purepwnage do not mix.... i remember they did that guitar hero duel thing in one of the web episdoes and it was so long and boring. and this ep furthered my point. hard luck guys hope the next ep will be better

Edited by Zoom!, 04 April 2010 - 04:45 AM.

Carbinedevil

Carbinedevil
  • Members
  • 26 posts
This episode was a total filler, but at least they showed lotta footage of October which makes up for the quality icon_smile.gif

rev elation

rev elation
  • GA Private
  • 234 posts
  • Steam ID:godmonster
  • Gamer Army ID:3965
Putting this in the middle of a (very) short season seems a bit odd to me. This is the kind of thing I would suspect being put as extras on a DVD.
It was a fun episode but still... wth?

lol_slash_chkn_on_u_noob

lol_slash_chkn_on_u_noob
  • Members
  • 108 posts
wow alot of people didnt like it, i thought it was epic!! just keeps getting better and better, good work PP crew! keep it up!

Fiery Stix

Fiery Stix
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I've been following the show since the second episode of the Internet series. Yet, this is the first time I've ever commented on it here. Why? Because I want Geoff, Jarrett, etc. to know there's a number of us who understand and appreciate what you're trying to do. And many of us are people who merely lurk around the forums and never say anything. Yet, we're a force in your fanbase, buying merch to show some support monetarily and to advertise the show (via shirts). We're people you may have run into at various gaming conventions shouting out something stupid like "Yyyyyaaaah! Pure Pwnaaaage! Wooooo!" So I'm going to say my piece, because I'm worried what is typical from this forum community will affect the future of the show for worse.

So let me say I understand what you're doing. Pure Pwnage is a satire. A satire about gaming. Gaming is a lifestyle, so you must also occasionally satirize life. And if anything affects gaming, it should also be satirized. In this case, you satirize music-based games. And, as a result, you satirize music as well. Which is why there were so many "obscure" references to music culture (which are not that obscure to people who, in their curiosity, may have explored some of the annals of rock history and the music from it). Gaming is still at its core. But you also have to brush on the topics that affect or have been affected by gaming. Furthermore, because there is such a wide array of players of these games, it's natural to satirize each demographic.

Not everyone will like every episode. I didn't like episode three very much. But episode four was redeeming to me, because I could appreciate the humor (both dry and blunt). And this is ironic, because I get the feeling a bunch of the people who hated this episode will find redeeming qualities in the fifth episode.

So don't let the criticism for this episode affect the way you approach the show. You can't please everyone, much less everyone all the time.

And there are people who think the show is actually going in the right direction. I must admit, I was skeptical after season two of the Internet series (during which I started finding myself generally disappointed with the show's direction). But the TV show has actually regained my interest.

Thanks. Keep doing what you're doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users