Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 4 - Rock On

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

Dante2006

Dante2006
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, music, technology
  • Steam ID:hell_dantes
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dante20006
Also, the intro to this episode has brought up another issue I have with the show. Jeremy. What the fuck happened to this character. He went from a self-indulgent arrogant, yet enjoyable character into a whiny premadonna. He used to be a bit calmer when things wouldn't go his way, into whining and bitching about every slight issue (for example, STEPPING ON THE EDGE OF A GUITAR) and ending it in a slew of "god" "jeez" "*angsty snarl". He honestly sounds like my 14 year old brother, and it's driving me up the wall.

Gamer_Tyler

Gamer_Tyler
  • GA Private
  • 577 posts
  • xfire:tukimoshi
  • Steam ID:tukimoshi
  • Gamer Army ID:3732
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Dante2006 @ Apr 3 2010, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the intro to this episode has brought up another issue I have with the show. Jeremy. What the fuck happened to this character. He went from a self-indulgent arrogant, yet enjoyable character into a whiny premadonna. He used to be a bit calmer when things wouldn't go his way, into whining and bitching about every slight issue (for example, STEPPING ON THE EDGE OF A GUITAR) and ending it in a slew of "god" "jeez" "*angsty snarl". He honestly sounds like my 14 year old brother, and it's driving me up the wall.

I think it's possibly due to that since Pure Pwnage has come along so far, Jarett has himself changed a lot. Maybe he's finding it harder to act out the part, so he tries harder which comes off as more of a whiny character rather than the Jeremy we know and love.

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
anyone got a link to watch it online?

]

eafkuor

eafkuor
  • Members
  • 552 posts
yes, a link would be appreciated

Edited by eafkuor, 03 April 2010 - 03:40 AM.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
Don't even think about it.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

rabbeseking

rabbeseking
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:AtomicReligion
Wow, that really wasn't very good at all.

krazykaveman

krazykaveman
  • GA Private
  • 374 posts
  • xfire:Krazykaveman
  • Interests:Programming, Overclocking, College, Personal Fitness.
  • Steam ID:Krazykaveman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Krazykaveman
  • PSN:Krazykaveman
  • Gamer Army ID:4602
QUOTE (Gamer_Tyler @ Apr 3 2010, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's possibly due to that since Pure Pwnage has come along so far, Jarett has himself changed a lot. Maybe he's finding it harder to act out the part, so he tries harder which comes off as more of a whiny character rather than the Jeremy we know and love.

I think its that Jarett isn't drunk enough to pull off what he did on the web series. TV is like all serious biz and when he's all sober like that its just not the Jeremy we all know and love.
Blargh

xFade to Blackx

xFade to Blackx
  • Members
  • 312 posts
This episode was the weakest thus far of the TV series, but I still enjoyed it. I think the issue I had with it is that it sort of reminded me of South Park's Guitar Queero episode, so it wasn't as funny or innovative as it could have been. There were some golden moments in it though - I personally thought the music video was brilliantly done. Not every episode can be great; although, I must admit it's hilarious around here when an episode comes out that everyone loves people scream "YES PURE PWNAGE IS BACK BABY!" When an episode that is decent comes out everyone is screaming, "TIME TO PACK IT UP! SELL THE TEAM. WE'RE GOING DOWN HILL!" There's going to be some episodes that aren't exceptionally well done. Just relax and breathe. Next week is another episode and chances to watch the cast in action. Most of us here know what they are capable of, so just chill and relax.

Also props to October in this episode - I thought she stole the show here. Her acting, especially during the video shoot, was fantastic. icon_smile.gif
Am I afraid or is it merely I know not my own limits?
user posted image

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
My issue with the episode is that they turn a small Rockband party at the Internet café into some kind of rock festival or something. It's totally chimerical, and doesn't fit with the general mood of the show. Other than that, the pace is, as always, much too fast, and makes more traditional Pure Pwnage scenes impossible. This is no longer a real-time, cinéma-vérité documentary of a guy filming his brother; Kyle is all over the place, and too much so -- trying to give the whole cast more exposure doesn't work out so well. Originally it was all about Jeremy, just Jeremy. So I think that it would probably help if Kyle stopped interviewing people all the time: the rocker dude, October (5 billion times) and Doug.
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

AshMat

AshMat
  • GA Private
  • 212 posts
  • xfire:asshu
  • Steam ID:Asshu
  • Xbox / GFWL:Cindres
  • Gamer Army ID:1933
Yeah my biggest issue is there was like, 0 story progression from last week. They didn't need to make a full episode out of that :/

eafkuor

eafkuor
  • Members
  • 552 posts
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i need to watch it

BertL

BertL
  • Members
  • 780 posts
Personally I thought this was yet another great episode, and you guys are way too butthurt over this being a filler.

And I can't believe nobody has pointed out yet that the "friend's house" Kyle brings the broken guitar back to is actually his and Jeremy's mom's house from the original web series. That made me smile.

EDIT: I also liked some of the music in the ep. Very Pink Floydish.

Edited by BertL, 03 April 2010 - 07:02 AM.

Spread the Love!
POO

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
I thought it was an awesome episode, not as awesome as ep 3, but still awesome.

I loved the bit where October and tryel try to think of ways to get rid of the rocker dude, and Doug just goes "fuck off dude" icon_razz.gif

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
anyone see building a computer guy?
Im not sure if it qualifies as a cameo, but when october sees the crowd booing at jeremy he walks right in between her and the camera lol
anyone using the showcase viewer, its when theres 3:20 remaining in the episode

mupkid

mupkid
  • Members
  • 5 posts
send me a pm for streaming link

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (mupkid @ Apr 3 2010, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
send me a pm for streaming link

You lazy person :|

eafkuor

eafkuor
  • Members
  • 552 posts
I don't understand how you guys can say this was a good episode.
It was the worst thing I've ever seen, and the first time ever I skipped some parts in a PP episode.

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
QUOTE (eafkuor @ Apr 3 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand how you guys can say this was a good episode.
It was the worst thing I've ever seen, and the first time ever I skipped some parts in a PP episode.

Then your criticism isn't very pertinent; if you really didn't watch the whole thing...
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

rocky212

rocky212
  • GA Private
  • 177 posts
  • xfire:steam is greater than >
  • Interests:video games, video game industry, movies, music, and the like
  • Xbox / GFWL:rocky212
  • PSN:rocky21211
  • Wii:LOL wii...
  • Gamer Army ID:4037
yea wtf @ that pic with Doug and Jeremy...

it was totally out of context in the episode and would be extremely awkward to take/ produce, so why even do it... hmm, is this a sign ?
"get you're ASS to MARZ"

"you remind me of ghey"

"this liek ma show"

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
I actually liked the episode, but the way I watched it, I was comparing to the last episode since I liked the two first episodes a lot and episode 3 kind of was just "meh" for me, I decided if Episode 4 would redeem itself for me and it did.

I find it really funny thought that you guys whine for having to wait one week to watch a filler. For fucks sake, 3 year ago, we would wait 5 months for a filler.

QUOTE (rocky212 @ Apr 3 2010, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea wtf @ that pic with Doug and Jeremy...

it was totally out of context in the episode and would be extremely awkward to take/ produce, so why even do it... hmm, is this a sign ?

They did it to make people like yourself feel uncomfortable looking at it. I personally found it hilarious because I'm sure some people out there reacted negatively to it, and I bet that's the reaction they were looking for.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users