Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just Buy The Dvds?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Ouroboros

Ouroboros
  • GA Private
  • 452 posts
  • Steam ID:Ouroboros
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ouroboros
  • PSN:N/A
  • Wii:N/A
  • Gamer Army ID:1742
  • Company:Gamma
In regards to all the grief about the show not being available outside Canada... The PP crew are gonna put the tv series on dvd so fast it'll make ya head spin.

Are we any less of a fan of the show if we see it a few months after all the Canadians? I dont think so...

Formerly: MadMax1742

J2tehJ

J2tehJ
  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:j2tehj
QUOTE (Ouroboros @ Mar 30 2010, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In regards to all the grief about the show not being available outside Canada... The PP crew are gonna put the tv series on dvd so fast it'll make ya head spin.

Are we any less of a fan of the show if we see it a few months after all the Canadians? I dont think so...

i doubt any of us will not buy the dvds lol and we will be supporting the show then, however till then i still want to view it on release icon_razz.gif

StrikerZero

StrikerZero
  • Members
  • 818 posts
I'm dling and viewing each ep after it hitz tha torrents, then I make a DVD of Season 1, Moment Showcase releases one, I'll be purchasing a copy 2 view them (and the special features) in full Quality Glory.

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
DVD won't come out for a while - at least a couple months after the season is done.

Also, I find it funny that the stuff you can download is better quality then the showcase site (except for the stuff on itunes)

QUOTE (Jengerer @ Mar 29 2010, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's nice to pick up the content when it's fresh off the... internet

lol, love the taste of freshly baked internet

Edited by Intraframe, 29 March 2010 - 10:51 PM.

Come at me bro

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
@OP: nobody really wants to wait that long. It's like having a friend who just got a good PC for the first time in years, got the Orange Box, and then comes to you all the way in 2010 and starts spamming, "LOL The cake is a lie!" and setting his spray in every game to the Companion Cube. It's nice to pick up the content when it's fresh off the... internet... rather than enjoy it when it's irrelevant. It's better late than never, but it'd be nice if we had a legitimate way of sharing the show with everybody else.

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:8
Yeah, waiting to buy the DVD's would just leave everyone out of the loop. But i would still encourage people to buy them, support the show, and show everyone that people outside of canada want to see the show.

joshyu892

joshyu892
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • PSN:jyu892
i watched the first two eps on youtube. i feel so bad for watching it illegally, but i was planning on buying the DVD anyway. ill buy two copies when it comes out just because i watched it on youtube icon_sad.gif *is guilty

embroisured

embroisured
  • GA Private
  • 1,724 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drunkard Zero
  • Gamer Army ID:3725
maybe the dvd can include a free season 2 soundtrack icon_smile.gif

andh

andh
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:andh
You know ofc I am downloading them whenever the eps come out now, cuz I cant wait that long for the dvd to come out icon_rolleyes.gif
But ofc im gonna buy the dvds as well when they come out to support the show, and also cuz i want the extra material icon_smile.gif

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
I don't really pay to watch stuff anymore, so I think i'll pass and just continue to watch them as they're uploaded online, just as I did with the free web series.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
I'm buying the DVD if it comes out regardless.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Giluc

Giluc
  • GA Private
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Consoles lol
  • Steam ID:Giluc
  • Xbox / GFWL:GilucZ
  • Wii:4205091662810049
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:4128
  • Company:Eta
I'm gonna see all the episodes on Showcase.ca, and also buy the DVD.

I LIKE
CHOCOLATE MILK

DeadStar7

DeadStar7
  • GA Private
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, auto racing, cars, motorcycles...girls :P
  • PSN:DeadStar79
  • Gamer Army ID:4679
QUOTE (joshyu892 @ Mar 29 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i watched the first two eps on youtube. i feel so bad for watching it illegally

...this...is a foreign concept to me :-/

Tr1ppt

Tr1ppt
  • Members
  • 174 posts
QUOTE (Ouroboros @ Mar 30 2010, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The PP crew are gonna put the tv series on dvd so fast it'll make ya head spin.

you think its really up to the crew? it's up to showcase now, they own the TV series. i wouldnt count on a dvd soon at all.

'just buy the dvd's' isnt a serious alternative. no one wants to wait in this day and age, you can get all the episodes with a few clicks of a mouse.

i'd probably buy a dvd just to support them, of course.

Spudgun

Spudgun
  • Members
  • 197 posts
I think around 80% of people will buy the PP TV Season 1 DVD when/if it's released.

The only reason some people may be put off is if the DVDs contain regional coding (not like that'd be a huge deal anyway), or if the postage costs are high for overseas (UK for example).

I fall into the majority too it'd seem, I'd love to be able to support the show somehow - and I will as soon as the opportunity arises. =]

Shmithers

Shmithers
  • Members
  • 323 posts
DVD are so 2007. I haven't bought a DVD since 2008.

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
ill watch it now and buy it when it comes out, i can't go any longer without new pp (inb4 "omg get over internet show")

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

frehas

frehas
  • Members
  • 209 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Mar 30 2010, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really pay to watch stuff anymore, so I think i'll pass and just continue to watch them as they're uploaded online, just as I did with the free web series.

How does one expect new things to come out for their own enjoyment if said person doesn't want to pay anything to receive it?
You are just like every song down loader out there, these days all artists make money off of is tours and shirts.
Shame on you dude. shame.

QUOTE (Shmithers @ Mar 30 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DVD are so 2007. I haven't bought a DVD since 2008.

Blue ray? lol yes! PP in high def on blue ray ftw.

And I noticed no one has said anything about extra features on the dvd...
Like from experience "The Guild" webshow has HUGE INSANE amounts of extra stuff on their dvds and its great for the fans, especially since the episodes are short (5-10 minutes long)
I hope Pure Pwnage has a lot of behind the scene stuff and extra bonus commentaries etc etc.
icon_smile.gif

QUOTE (Osama Bin Laden @ Sept 11 2001, 11:12 AM)
Sorry!

ChaosJester

ChaosJester
  • GA Colonel
  • 2,269 posts
  • xfire:theavatar2005
  • Steam ID:theavatar2006
  • Xbox / GFWL:PPGAChaosJester
  • Gamer Army ID:583
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (Weiman @ Mar 30 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm buying the DVD if it comes out regardless.

^^ What he said.

fs_pc.png
019epg-4.png

moep0r

moep0r
  • Members
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Movies
Blu Ray would be the shit !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users