Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 2 - Jobs

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

squeak9121

squeak9121
  • GA Private
  • 43 posts
  • xfire:Squeak9121
  • Steam ID:Squeak9121
  • Xbox / GFWL:Elevenbps11
  • Gamer Army ID:3689
Are they gonna bring any other old chars back, and/ or plot? ( i use the term plot lightly)
I'M A NINJA

Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander
  • Members
  • 2 posts
BLaZinG FurY,

in response to Jeremy rebuffing October's advances:

wat

This post has been edited by BLaZinG FurY: Today, 01:41 AM

You mean in Wisconsin, chicks don't ask you to hold bricks and do them standing up? How very odd. What do they ask you guys to hold? Cheese wheels? icon_razz.gif

Actually, I was referencing another Canadian show (Death Comes to Town). Her character sabotages a hockey team by seducing and "exhausting" their star player.

'Fess up October... are you secretly working for Korea?

Amish

Amish
  • Members
  • 455 posts
  • xfire:am1sh
  • Steam ID:am1sh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Amizh
QUOTE (DarkKitchen @ Mar 24 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
October is fucking awful

I dont see what people think is so awful about October, ofc you wont get some super pro actor to be in this show, but i think she does a good job.. Imagine Angelina Jolie as October, _that_ would be retarded.. Prolly just butthurt about that Tagi is not in the show..

Edited by Amish, 25 March 2010 - 07:18 AM.

QUOTE (dawei @ Jul 26 2007, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am probably more pro than your mum.

tkrow21

tkrow21
  • Members
  • 287 posts
QUOTE (Amish @ Mar 25 2010, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont see what people think is so awful about October, ofc you wont get some super pro actor to be in this show, but i think she does a good job.. Imagine Angelina Jolie as October, _that_ would be retarded.. Prolly just butthurt about that Tagi is not in the show..

I AGREE

OctoberPPTV

OctoberPPTV
  • PP Cast
  • 42 posts
QUOTE (DarkKitchen @ Mar 24 2010, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
October is fucking awful

Mom? Is that you?

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
QUOTE (OctoberPPTV @ Mar 26 2010, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mom? Is that you?

That is either the funniest or most depressing thing I have read today.

PhilKll

PhilKll
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Personally she reminded me of Mallory Knox, and the paint ball scene really helped solidify that.

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
QUOTE (Amish @ Mar 25 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There isn't much of a correlation in showbiz between talent and celebrity; I don't think he is saying it would be better to have someone like Angelina Jolie (wtf?) playing October, but merely that Melanie Scrofano hasn't done an excellent job at portraying a gamer grrl -- now that may be as much Geoff's fault as her own lack of talent, but the end result is the same, imo: she acts like some kind of Buffy, domineering bad-ass bitch, which she shouldn't be. Miranda Plant wasn't the greatest actress of all time either, but Tagi represented something more plausible -- October is a ludicrous character so far.

Also, did any of you feel that the camera work was often disappointing? This may not be Geoff's fault, as I believe they have a number of people commissioned to direct each episode, but I found the keyboard fight to be significantly inferior to the one we were treated to in ep. 4. Sometimes I feel that much of the passion from the early days has left the show, and Geoff, now that he's on TV, has become less daring than he was with the Web series.
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

Giluc

Giluc
  • GA Private
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Consoles lol
  • Steam ID:Giluc
  • Xbox / GFWL:GilucZ
  • Wii:4205091662810049
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:4128
  • Company:Eta
Of course he has been less daring (atleast that would seem logical), but I didn't really notice that the camera work wasn't as great as the webisodes, but now that you say it...

I LIKE
CHOCOLATE MILK

Bowser Delta

Bowser Delta
  • GA Private
  • 275 posts
  • xfire:acousticme123
  • Steam ID:Bowser Delta
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bowser Delta
  • Gamer Army ID:4491
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (PhilKll @ Mar 26 2010, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally she reminded me of Mallory Knox, and the paint ball scene really helped solidify that.

QUOTE (Xayun @ Jun 19 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's all very nice, but how you perceive me doesn't enter much into things because you are absolutely fucking mental

jdenicholls

jdenicholls
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Gaming Legends
QUOTE (The_Zooloo_Master @ Mar 26 2010, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, did any of you feel that the camera work was often disappointing? This may not be Geoff's fault, as I believe they have a number of people commissioned to direct each episode, but I found the keyboard fight to be significantly inferior to the one we were treated to in ep. 4. Sometimes I feel that much of the passion from the early days has left the show, and Geoff, now that he's on TV, has become less daring than he was with the Web series.

If he is less daring that wouldn't be too surprising, a TV show will always be more mainstream and less avant garde than a web series. But I found the camera work fine.

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
QUOTE (jdenicholls @ Mar 26 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he is less daring that wouldn't be too surprising, a TV show will always be more mainstream and less avant garde than a web series. But I found the camera work fine.

Yea, that's exactly the kind of logic that you could imagine Geoff and Jarett might have had, but it's not cool ;/. It would be quite ironic if the series' quality plunged and became less original on TV; Jarett has said many times that they had loads of awesome ideas that they couldn't put into the show because of budget and reality constraints, but with the funding for the TV series you might think they could now fulfil those dreams.

One thing I might add: if you're ever watched Kenny vs Spenny, you might agree that just because you're on Showcase doesn't mean you need to become more politically correct.
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

Faustuss

Faustuss
  • Members
  • 64 posts
Hilarious episode. A bit disappointed with the end - seem kind of abrupt.

..::hazeTWO!:..

• Members
  • 4 posts
yo dudes i cant find anywhere one track form PP... its from tv series ep2 at the end its like ninja fuck remix but i found one on youtube and its not that one i looking 4.... where can i get that track??? it pwnz 4 rl
n0 life = n0 death. so u better b a n0lifer

boygeniuspwnsu

boygeniuspwnsu
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I felt they held back a little bit but I think they'll get more bawlsy after they get used to being on tv and ratings roll in. FPS doug is awesome, my fav character on the web and my fav character on the show.

• Members
  • 4 posts
hey yo playaz... someone knows whats the track at the end of this episode?? and where can i download it. its like ninja fuck or something... but its pwnz hardly
n0 life = n0 death. so u better b a n0lifer

Taerdin

Taerdin
  • Members
  • 9 posts
So is there a download for that dance remix somewhere? That was truly epic!

Denex

Denex
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:d3n3x
  • PSN:commaded
Three words : The very beginning

YOU LIKE THAT? WOOHOOOOOO YEAH

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
Episode was kinda awesome

xtremecheese

xtremecheese
  • Members
  • 16 posts
October is one of my favorite characters...actually they all are.

This episode was great, even the store owner is hilarious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users