Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Mixed Martial Arts Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
853 replies to this topic

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Ive been playing games before I could barley talk , I love playing all sports, and have been a mixed martial artist for almost over 2 years.
  • Steam ID:j_sunnner_1
This thread can consist of anything MMA. Including if your starting off I can hopefully answer to the best of my ability.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
I took Tae Kwon Doe in elementary school and I did wrestling in middle school. In high school, I was just a very angry person and took out my aggresions on a punching bag a couple times a week. Am I a MMA fighter?

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Ive been playing games before I could barley talk , I love playing all sports, and have been a mixed martial artist for almost over 2 years.
Mixed martial arts = Mixed arts = more than one martial art.

The idea of mixing them together well.

Are you a mixed martial artist? No

Are you a MMA fighter? No you never did competition.

But we all start somwhere.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Is it usualy only Judo/Ju-jitsu/muay-thai/wrestling/boxing/kickboxing all mixed together? I mean I know I've seen it a lot and watch it quite a bit but. I don't see anyone who does any other martial art in there. I don't know any fighter who doesn't try to use boxing/kickboxing while standing up and striking.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
I'm essentially a brown belt in Marine Corps Martial Arts, that's MMA yeah?

Mares

Mares

Best Avatar 08

• GA Private
  • 3,151 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3456
So what do you guys think of UFC 111?

Will Dan Hardy win this fight? You guys saw primetime?

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Dan Hardy is going to get his shit pushed in. He's got a big fucking mouth and GSP is going to shut it for him.

I mean he can get lucky and get a lucky punch in. I mean that's all it takes but GSP is called the best p4p fighter in MMA for a reason. (Or UFC atleast)

Mares

Mares

Best Avatar 08

• GA Private
  • 3,151 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Mar 19 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dan Hardy is going to get his shit pushed in. He's got a big fucking mouth and GSP is going to shut it for him.

I mean he can get lucky and get a lucky punch in. I mean that's all it takes but GSP is called the best p4p fighter in MMA for a reason. (Or UFC atleast)

I can't wait for this fight icon_biggrin.gif I know GSP is the better man, but it would be fucking sweet if Dan Hardy could kick his butt.

And what about Cheick Kongo vs Paul Buentello and Mir vs Carwin?

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (Mares @ Mar 19 2010, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait for this fight icon_biggrin.gif I know GSP is the better man, but it would be fucking sweet if Dan Hardy could kick his butt.

And what about Cheick Kongo vs Paul Buentello and Mir vs Carwin?

No people like Dan Hardy need to STFU. I can't stand people who talk shit when they've never really faught anyone. I mean who has he faught? Marcus Davis and Mike Swick? They're middle ladder guys in the UFC. He has nothing to brag about, nothin. I mean it was a split descision on Marcus too and a descision on Swick.

This means a few things. A) He can fight 3 rounds and B) He's never knocked out anyone in the UFC yet who's actually a decent fighter.

So if this goes more then 3 rounds I can expect him to get tired out and not be able to compete, especially if GSP takes this to the ground. An he talks a lot of shit about being able to knock out again the best P4P fighter in the UFC? He hasn't even knocked out anyone of any real status in the UFC so what shit is he on?

Also I think Kongo will win, and Mir will win.

Mares

Mares

Best Avatar 08

• GA Private
  • 3,151 posts
That's why I would love to see him win. He's a big underdog, check out the bettings icon_biggrin.gif

Btw, I'm not a Dan Hardy fan, I prefer GSP over him, but it would be funny as fuck to see him win.

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
Watching second prime time ep atm, will put up bettings again soon.

EDIT: I can't believe hardy is training with serra, did hardy not see the last fight?

Edited by حشّاشين Ghost, 19 March 2010 - 03:54 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Mar 19 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watching second prime time ep atm, will put up bettings again soon.

EDIT: I can't believe hardy is training with serra, did hardy not see the last fight?

Hardy is hoping he'll get that one lucky punch Serra did. So he's going to Serra an bein like "Yo, I'm a big chav teach me to get a lucky punch in plox."

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
George St.Pierre vs Dan Hardy

Frank Mir vs Shane Carwin

Jon Fitch vs Thiago Alvez

GSP is GSP. Hardy is a piece of meat being thrown at him to keep him busy until a real challenger can hopefully emerge.

Frank Mir will beat Carwin, simply because Lesnar vs Mir III will sell better during a Summer PPV than Lesnar vs Carwin would.

Fitch is by far the 2nd best Welterweight fighter in the world. Unfortunately for him, he's fighting at a time when GSP is at his best, and won't ever hold the title (and thus won't ever be considered one of the best of all time in that division).

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Mar 19 2010, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it usualy only Judo/Ju-jitsu/muay-thai/wrestling/boxing/kickboxing all mixed together? I mean I know I've seen it a lot and watch it quite a bit but. I don't see anyone who does any other martial art in there. I don't know any fighter who doesn't try to use boxing/kickboxing while standing up and striking.

It can be any martial art you want. Those happen to be the most effective in MMA.

QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Mar 19 2010, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hardy is hoping he'll get that one lucky punch Serra did. So he's going to Serra an bein like "Yo, I'm a big chav teach me to get a lucky punch in plox."

Dude, I'm not exactly a Hardy fan but, chav? The dude has a bright red mohawk and comes out to a punk song lol.

I of course want Hardy to win because it will change the very boring WW title picture. The fact that he's British doesn't mean much to me, I'm a much bigger Semtex fan anyway.

I want Carwin to beat Mir just because I really...really do NOT want to see Lesnar vs Mir III. Unless the illness has really fucked Brock up, it'll just look like the second fight again and I don't want to see Mir get pounded out again, 'shits boring (even though I gotta admit, I'd love to see him emotionally break for losing to him again...).

Hopefully Alves beats Fitch. I want Fitch cut from the UFC because he's boring as fuck.

Edited by Defiled, 20 March 2010 - 01:56 PM.

Mares

Mares

Best Avatar 08

• GA Private
  • 3,151 posts
QUOTE (Defiled @ Mar 20 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I of course want Hardy to win because it will change the very boring WW title picture. The fact that he's British doesn't mean much to me, I'm a much bigger Semtex fan anyway.

I want Carwin to beat Mir just because I really...really do NOT want to see Lesnar vs Mir III. Unless the illness has really fucked Brock up, it'll just look like the second fight again and I don't want to see Mir get pounded out again, 'shits boring (even though I gotta admit, I'd love to see him emotionally break for losing to him again...).

this sums it up actually for me icon_smile.gif

Btw Jones vs Vera? Going for Jones here, he's very entertaining and if he wins this one, he's gonna get some fights against big opponents.

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Defiled @ Mar 20 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hopefully Alves beats Fitch. I want Fitch cut from the UFC because he's boring as fuck.

I find the WW entertaining tbh, with the likes of GSP, Alves, Hardy, Paulo, Josh Koscheck, Daley and fitch, lol I agree fitch can be pretty boring time to time but I always like to see how his game plan is or as Golberg would say "HE IS A GRINDER"

QUOTE (Mares @ Mar 20 2010, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw Jones vs Vera? Going for Jones here, he's very entertaining and if he wins this one, he's gonna get some fights against big opponents.

I'm for jones, every since he exploded on the scene I've been thinking hes going to get on top. Too bad he has the DQ from the Hamil fight, kids got fire though.

and btw every time I see your sig loop I cry a litte inside. I'm on the Forest bandwagon lol

Edited by حشّاشين Ghost, 20 March 2010 - 03:29 PM.

Mares

Mares

Best Avatar 08

• GA Private
  • 3,151 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Mar 20 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and btw every time I see your sig loop I cry a litte inside. I'm on the Forest bandwagon lol

You can't deny it: Anderson Silva pwned him really hard.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
QUOTE (حش‘ا @ Mar 20 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm on the Forest bandwagon lol

Same icon_sad.gif I'm a big Forrest fan, he's not the flashiest guy but he's got a shit ton of heart and thats the one time you really see him break. The guy is funny as hell too.

Edit: Vera/Jones...

Gonna go with Jones by sheer velocity, the guy is immense. I'm hardly a Vera fan but I don't dislike him either, Jones is the future for sure.

Oh and, It's not that I find the WW division as a whole boring, there's some great fighters there. It's just that none of them are really close to touching GSP :\ There are a few that I think have the potential but they need time to grow before they're just thrown in there with GSP, but because he has little competition they'll probably make them fight him when they're not really ready.

Edited by Defiled, 21 March 2010 - 07:21 AM.

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Mares @ Mar 21 2010, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't deny it: Anderson Silva pwned him really hard.

Yes... yes he did (I just shed a tear)

I also think it was partly because he came in with the wrong game plan, was it not to push the pace with him? Then again who knows a good plan against Silva unless its a flying scissor heel hook icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Defiled @ Mar 21 2010, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vera/Jones...

Gonna go with Jones by sheer velocity, the guy is immense. I'm hardly a Vera fan but I don't dislike him either, Jones is the future for sure.

Mares

Mares

Best Avatar 08

• GA Private
  • 3,151 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Mar 21 2010, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then again who knows a good plan against Silva unless its a flying scissor heel hook icon_razz.gif

that was so wrong, he was winning that fight really hard, and out of nowhere: BOOM

still very nice icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users