Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Supernatural

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
So is that Sam or Lucifer and how is he back?

I'm guessing Sam and God =/

Edited by Rob`, 13 May 2010 - 10:48 PM.

Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Just finished watching. Before I say anything I'd just like to rant about how Supernatural season finales are never 2 hours long like a proper finale. :| If Sam didn't randomly show up at the very end, I would have called it a very fitting ending to the storyline and would have been satisfied if it were the last episode in the series.
QUOTE (Rob` @ May 13 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is that Sam or Lucifer and how is he back?

I'm guessing Sam and God =/

It could be. I'd like to see Sam written back in somehow, honestly, even if it's not as Sam. Jared Padalecki is a fantastic actor.

Oh yeah, and wtf was up with the prophet just de-materializing?

Edited by otaku_4_life, 14 May 2010 - 12:32 AM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Amarant Helmsley

Amarant Helmsley
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rossdog12
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ May 14 2010, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just finished watching. Before I say anything I'd just like to rant about how Supernatural season finales are never 2 hours long like a proper finale. :| If Sam didn't randomly show up at the very end, I would have called it a very fitting ending to the storyline and would have been satisfied if it were the last episode in the series.

It could be. I'd like to see Sam written back in somehow, honestly, even if it's not as Sam. Jared Padalecki is a fantastic actor.

Oh yeah, and wtf was up with the prophet just de-materializing?

Well my mate thinks that maybe the prophet was god, but i think that since hes finished his job as a prophet he gets sent to heaven

Also when Cas got killed i was like NOOOOOOOO but thank god he came bk

I know theres gonna be a season 6, wonder what there gonna do since they have trapped Lucifer and Michael

Maybe theyll go bk to old hunting like in the 1st two seasons

Fin

Fin
  • Members
  • 1,347 posts
my personal theory:

Chuck was God, who sent Sam back to earth because when shit got real, Sam and Dean chose family, unlike Mikael and Lucifer who tried to kill eatch other because "it was their destiny". Dicks.

Best part of the episode (possibly entire show?) When Dean showed up at the "chosen field of battle" listening to awesome music. Man has some fucking style.
And Castiel fucking rocks.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Fin @ May 15 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Castiel fucking rocks.

HEY ASS-BUTT

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Ive been playing games before I could barley talk , I love playing all sports, and have been a mixed martial artist for almost over 2 years.
  • Steam ID:j_sunnner_1
Sorry I did not see this thread sooner, one of my fav shows been watching from the start.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,277 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
Late response here, but...

QUOTE (The_Zooloo_Master @ Apr 4 2010, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was a time when Supernatural was entertaining, then there was a time when it was good for short laughs. Now it's just stupid.

And I'm not a Christian.

For the sake of constructiveness, I will at least say this: the screenwriters have absolutely no imagination whatsoever; I mean, ffs, couldn't they think of something better for dying and going to heaven ?!
Personally, I began to lose faith in the show when they introduced angels, especially Uriel, but there's no need to go into detail about that, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Well, Zooloo and I agree entirely on where this show ended up. I loved it for the first 4 seasons or so, then season 5 and onwards has been a snorefest all the way through.

I do admit that the moment I realized the kind of cosmology that Kripke has, the show lost all connections to real life. Now, you might complain here and say "It's not supposed to be real!". I know this, but usually fantasy movies at least deal with real questions that people have, using the fantasy as a vehicle for this. Supernatural's cosmology is illogical and increasingly irrelevant to my whole worldview.

So yeah. I suppose my faith makes me incompatible with it. A deist, deadbeat god, and a humanity that has better morality than anyone else. That's about as far from my conception of reality as one can get.

Of course, if I was in the position of Dean and Sam, I would act exactly as they do. But that doesn't make it a show that I can relate to.

They should've the angels out of it, and stayed at what they did best: folk-lore and badass ghost hunting!

cutie_gamer

cutie_gamer
  • Members
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:mmorpg gaming, fps games, books and tv
Already waiting for the 6th Season where wiki says "it will test the brothers relationship".

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Hrugnir @ Sep 6 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So yeah. I suppose my faith makes me incompatible with it. A deist, deadbeat god, and a humanity that has better morality than anyone else. That's about as far from my conception of reality as one can get.

Alternate fictitious universe is alternate and fictitious. Welcome to television.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 18 September 2010 - 03:24 AM.

AKA:

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Sep 18 2010, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alternate fictitious universe is alternate and fictitious. Welcome to television.

Television doesn't have to be mediocre and formulaic. There used to be quality original material airing on TV once upon a time. For example: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, Shogun and, more recently, Band of Brothers. Lost wasn't bad either.

Edited by The_Zooloo_Master, 19 September 2010 - 01:04 PM.

"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Ive been playing games before I could barley talk , I love playing all sports, and have been a mixed martial artist for almost over 2 years.
  • Steam ID:j_sunnner_1
When does this season start? I think its really soon.

HikariKage

HikariKage
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,546 posts
  • xfire:HikariKage
  • Wii:2426085976289137
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:364
QUOTE (حشّا @ Sep 19 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When does this season start? I think its really soon.

Its next Friday on the CW I believe.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (The_Zooloo_Master @ Sep 19 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Television doesn't have to be mediocre and formulaic. There used to be quality original material airing on TV once upon a time. For example: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, Shogun and, more recently, Band of Brothers. Lost wasn't bad either.

lolwut

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

cutie_gamer

cutie_gamer
  • Members
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:mmorpg gaming, fps games, books and tv
QUOTE (The_Zooloo_Master @ Sep 19 2010, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

September 24th I'm already excited to watch the 1st episode.

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
How long before Dean starts angsting at Sam for not coming back to him sooner?
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users