Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Workout/general Health Megathread V2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1003 replies to this topic

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
With the recent ban of Beefcake, who is presumably not returning, I present to you the Workout/General Health Megathread V2! Below you will find what Beefcake posted, along with a new added F.A.Q. I have made!

With the absence of Beefcake, this topic has been made so I can update the front page with new stuff. Enjoy.

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

TABLE OF CONTENTS
#Skip to any section by typing the follow section into your search field in your browser (Ctrl + F)

1. OLD SECTION
2. F.A.Q.
3. ARTICLES

<------------------------------>

OLD SECTION - ALL CREDIT TO BEEFCAke
QUOTE (Beefcake @ Jun 29 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it has been about a year since i wrote the original Megathread on this subject and during that time my opinions on certain things have changed, training style has been improved and overall general knowledge is much higher. I am going to have some free time over the next few days so i have decided to rewrite this and hopefully get it better laid out and give more knowledge with less words, and also throw in some personal tidbits aswell.

Part 1: Diet

Yes this section is again Part 1, this is because DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.

Not only will a great solid diet help you in the gym, it will also help you out of it in every aspect of your life, Now is the time to start being on a proper diet regardless if you are training or not.

Now to keep things simple there are three main places that your daily calories will come from. Protein, Carbohydrates, Fats. With these three building blocks your body completes a lot of its functions, but if you are in this thread you are probably looking to be building some lean mass and dropping some fat aswell. It is very important to know that not all proteins, fats, and carbs are created equal.

When looking at fats you have Have your typical good ones, IE monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, and your omegas. Then you have your saturated fats which get a really bad reputation, but in IMO and many others it is perfectly fine and infact raises Good Cholesterol more than it does bad. And lastley you have your Trans Fats AVOID these at all costs (watch out for fried foods and hydrogenated oils).

When looking at carbohydrates you pretty much have your Whole Grains vs Refined Grains, my general rule of thumb here is stay away from any of those white refined grains, you dont need them and play your insulin like a fiddle. But choosing Whole Grains you will be getting more vitamins/minerals and fibre than you would from the refined grains.

And again to end it, a list of good sources of these 3 building blocks

Fats:
* Egg Yolk
* Pretty much any kind of nut
* Nut Butters
* Fatty Fish
* Olive oil
* Fish oil

Good Carbs
* Oats
* Beans
* Potatoes
* Rice (preferably brown or whole grain)
* Pasta (again stay away from refined white pasta)
* Bread (once again stay away from refined white bread)
* Lettuce
* Spinach
* Brussels Sprouts
* Cauliflower
* Celery
* Asparagus
* Cucumber
* Green or Red Pepper
* Onions
* Garlic
* Tomatoes
* Zucchini
* Broccoli
* Bananas
* Apples
* Strawberries
* Grapefruit

Protein:

* Eggs
* Lamb
* Organ Meats
* Chicken
* Beef
* Turkey
* Pork
* Tuna
* Protein Powders

Personal Tidbit:
When putting your diet together i highly recommend doing 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day compared to the usual 3 big meals.
Also do not skips meals doing that will not make you lose weight quicker. You need to eat food regularly to lose weight

Alright, so on to the next important, and may i say the most fun part.

Part 2: Training

WHUTTT?? I am looking to build muscle, how is training not more important than diet??

The answer too that question is, If you train and give your body inadequate food then most of what you're doing will be in vain.

Before you start training you are going to want to build yourself a Workout Program and do some reading on how to perform the exercises correctly so you don't injure yourself. For a lot of the lifts i will recommend you can find good detailed guides here - http://stronglifts.com/

I am a big believer in doing full body compound lifts, they will make your strength increase dramatically and help you pack on the muscle. The main lifts that i think everyone should incorporate into their programs and they are as follows, Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Overhead Press, Pullups, Dips, and Barbell Rows. These lifts get most of your body into the action and will help you get Hy0ge fast.

Typically what people do when making a Workout Program is splitting up the days into Muscle groups

Back/Biceps
Chest/Triceps
Legs
Shoulders

All you really need is 4 one hour sessions a week. Not really hard to find 4 free hours now is it?

So get to putting together your workout plans and learning how to lift properly!!

Personal Tidbit:

I personally do a lot more compound movements then isolation and rarely do any straight up abs/arm workouts because alot of the exercises you will be doing incorporate those muscles groups. I will go into more detail about my workouts later.

Part 3: Supplements

Alright so this is where most of my opinions have changed since last time, either threw personal experience or doing a lot more research.

The only supplements I really recommend are a Multivitamin/Mineral, Fish Oil, Some type of Protein (if you feel you need the extra protein) and for some people Creatine. Pretty much everything else on the market is going to be a waste of your time and money and can cause some health problems, (Roids and prohormones do work and can be done safely if you know what you are doing, I do not endorse them and will not help you with them. I just hate the stigma people give to them).

Again as with food you have to make sure that the quality you are getting is good and healthy.

With Multivitamin spending more money does not ensure a better product, in face some of the cheaper ones are the best rated products in terms of where the vitamins come from and their ability to be absorbed by your body.

With fish oil you are going to want to find something with a good amount of Omega 3s (I prefer the straight fluid form over the capsules), uses fresh caught fish (not farmed fist) and is free contaminants IE PCBs, Mercury, and others.

When it comes to protein there is just way to much too choose from, and what you pick really has a lot to do with you as a person, IE your budget, type of protein and any food allergies. The tried, tested, and true protein for people in this field is Whey Protein, relatively cheap, good tasting, many flavours, but if you have any problems with dairy i would recommend not going this route (will go into a personal story later). If you are looking for a more natural or vegan friendly type protein there is Pea Protein, Rice Protein and Hemp Protein all of which are complete proteins but will vary in cost depending on which way you go.

If you are looking for recommendations for any supplements feel free to ask me but i will not plug any here.

Personal Tidbit:
I have personally tried many things out on the market today. Everything from creatine, to nitric oxide, to BCAAs. In the general scheme of these i find these items not worth it at all, costs too much money and didn't really notice anything in the way of gains.

My Recommendation for supplements is simple, the only thing i take is Cod Liver Oil.

Now for some more personal stuff about my training and diet.

Part 4: About

So my name is Seth, i am a 20 year old male and after being quite sick throughout my earlier years have sought out healthy lifestyle and i want to bring it to others aswell.

When it comes to eating i try to prepare everything i eat myself, the fresher the better. I try to go with local organic foods when i can, and if not i will settle for the next best. I personally haven't eaten at a fast food restaurant like McDonalds in over a year (except once on vacation i got a grilled chicken snack wrap OH NOES).
Also another interesting thing is since i have come back home in late april i havent used a Microwave Oven, i can talk about that if people want me to later xD.

So my daily diet consists of usually about six meals a day, sometimes more.

Meal 1 - Eggs (Raw or Cooked), Spinach, Meat (Fatty Meat), Cheese

Meal 2 - Organic Apple, Brazil Nuts, Pumpkin Seeds/Flax Seeds

Meal 3 - Sometype of Meat with Veggies

Meal 4 - Meat and Veggies Again icon_smile.gif

PreWO - Banana

PostWO - Raw Whole Milk Kefir and Bone Broth

Meal 6 - Blueberries, Avocado, Almonds, Walnuts, Kefir

My Typical Training Split

See www.stronglifts.com

If you have any other questions FEEL FREE TO ASK

F.A.Q.
By: Plasmic Fury

Q. I don’t have a gym membership and I’d rather workout at home, what do you suggest?

A. I would look into getting a gym membership. While it may seem daunting to join a gym, it’s never as bad as you might picture it. No one is going to ridicule you for wanting to live a healthy lifestyle. The fact is gym’s offer the necessary weights and machines at low cost to make better and faster gains. However, if the gym is absolutely not an option I would recommend purchasing an adjustable dumbbell set (up to 100lbs preferred), an Olympic bar, and free weights (start with low weight at purchase more weight as you need it). With these weights you will be able to perform all the necessary exercises to get strong and big. Don’t forget a flat bench if you do not have one!

Q. How do I make my arms bigger?

A. Surprisingly, this question is asked by almost every beginner. They will go to the gym, perform various bicep exercises (such as the popular bicep curl), and think they are finished. Constant training in this fashion leads to muscle imbalances and funny-looking disproportional arms. This not only looks stupid but increases the chance of injury when considering other exercises.

You want bigger arms? Well instead of focusing on just your arms, you should look at the entire picture. As a beginner there is nothing better than performing compound (full body) exercises for quicker more impressive gains. The more weight you increase on your compound lifts, the stronger and bigger your arms and other muscles will get (to accommodate for the stress on the body). Exercises like Pull-Ups, Chin-ups, Inverted Rows, Rows, Bench Press, Overhead Press, Push Ups, Deadlifts (and the list goes on!) will all hit your arms in different ways to make them grow. The more muscles you hit the more testosterone you will release, this hormone plays an essential part to muscle growth.

Secondly, you will need to eat more to increase arm size. If you weigh 130lbs at 6’2 your arms will never grow. Eat clean and bulk (if you are skinny) and your arms will grow.

Lastly, remember that biceps are not the only arm muscle. Many beginners that go to the gym and only work the bicep are actually missing the key point to arm size. Did you know that the triceps make up for 2/3rds of arm mass? Keep that in mind as you train.

Q. What exercises do you recommend?

A. Like I stated above, compound exercises for a beginner are the best for muscle growth and overall strength.

Here’s a list of compound exercises to look into:
Shoulders: Military Press, Hang Clean and Press, Arnold Press
Arms: Close-Grip Chin-Up (w/palms facing toward your face), Dips, Close-Grip Pushup
Legs: Barbell Squat, Deadlift, Lunges
Back: Chin-Up, Pull-Down, Deadlift, Row
Chest: Push-Up, Dips, Bench Press

Personally, for compound exercises, I do Military Press (AKA Overhead Press), Chin-up, pull-up, push-up, Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Rows (inverted and normal)

Q. What does your week split look like?

A. I train 3x per week. Because I am not fully satisfied with the strength of my compound lifts I am allowing a lot of rest to accommodate the immense stress I put on my body each time I go.

Here's my training split, currently training for STRENGTH:

*alternative exercises are exercises I may change to replace another exercise

Sunday (Chest + Tri's):
Bench Press - 5X5
Decline Bench Press - 3X5
Dips - 3XF
Tricep Extension w/ Dumbbell - 3XF
Push-Ups 3XF
Abs
Alternative Exercise -> Tricep Pulldown 3XF
Alternative Exercise -> Close Grip Bench 3XF

Tuesday (Back + Legs):
Back Squat - 3X5 +2 Warmup Sets (45lbs then 135lb)
Dead lift - 3X5 + 1 Warmup (135lb)
Bent Over Rows - 3XF
Pull Up - 3XF / Chin-Up 3XF (Alternate Each Week)
Hyper Extensions 3XF
Alternative Exercise -> Inverted Rows 3XF
Alternative Exercise -> Rack Pulls 3XF

Thursday (Shoulder + Bicep + Legs):
Back Squat - 3X5 +2 Warmup Sets (45lbs then 135lb)
Overhead Press - 3X5 +1 Warmup Set (45lbs)
Barbell Shrug - 3XF
Rotator Cuff Exercises - 3XF
Barbell or Dumbbell Bicep Curl - 3XF
Abs - (Plank or Leg Raises or Reverse Crunches)
Alternative Exercise -> Dumbbell Hammer Curl 2XF

For a beginner I would recommend a routine similar to this, maybe more focused on compound lifts. If you want to build for MASS then do at least 6 reps (preferably 8-10) in each set.

Q. How much protein should I take in a day?

A. Many experts say 1g of protein per lean body mass. This might seem confusing to you, and I am no expert on the topic, but from the research I've gathered, I would stay close to this rule. If you are unsure what that means, or what your LBM is, just eat as much protein as your current weight, that way you cannot go wrong.

I would advise against overeating protein though, excess protein will get converted into fat or carbs which lead to weight gain. However, 'excess' protein that will actually effect you in the long run is like ~25g-65g over your weight so don't be too worried. Also, if you are eating slightly under your current weight in protein don't sweat it, I've heard stories from people in the 160-180lb range gaining on 120g of protein.

I am currently in the 140-180g of protein per day range. Do not sink under ~100g no matter what.

Always remember too, the quality of protein is much better than quantity! (to some extent)

Q. What kind of foods do you eat?

A. I eat a variety of meat, vegetables, fruit, dairy and some grains

Here's some basics I would recommend. I buy organic, I would recommend it.

Eggs, Beef, Chicken, Liver, Fish (including tuna), Raw Nuts, Yogurt, Kefir, 3.8% Non-Homogenized Milk, Raw (Unpasteurized) Cheese, Broccoli, Carrots, Peppers, Onions, Cabbage, Mushrooms, Spinach, Bananas, Apples, Blueberries, Strawberries and Grapes.

Feel free to experiment with several different vegetables and fruit. Bananas are the heaviest in terms of calories, so if you are bulking up bananas should be a staple in your diet.
If you can get your hands on raw milk do so, it is the perfect post-workout drink. Plenty of vitamins, minerals, fats and protein in it. If you don't eat eggs, start eating them. They are the best form of protein on the planet. Do not believe the myths on eggs + cholesterol.

Here are some picture of meal's I've been eating:

Liver, Broccoli, Carrots w/ Extra Virgin Cold pressed Olive Oil

Eggs, Ground Beef, Spinach Leaves, Pepper, Green Onion w/ Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil

Whey Protien w/ Kefir 250ML

Rainbow Trout, Broccoli, Carrots, Mushroom w/ Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil

Kamut Noodles w/ Roasted Garlic Pasta sauce and Ground Beef, Broccoli, Carrots, Mushroom w/ Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil

Kamut Noodles w/ Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce, Squid, Muscle, Kalamari and Shrimp

Q. What is Bulking or Cutting?

A. Bulking is the process of eating over your calorie maintenance level. While cutting is eating under that level.

When bulking it is important to eat clean foods. Remember that you can not gain 25lbs of lean body mass in a month, if you are bulking correctly you will be putting on anywhere from 2-6lbs a month (half muscle / half fat). However, if all you are doing is gaining fat, rethink your approach. Although some believe gaining a lot of fat in a month then cutting it down will make them huge (and result in great muscle gains), it's not true. Many that follow this path are convoluted to how they actually look, having more fat around their bones than muscle. During a bulk you will gain fat, but if that's all your gaining you've got a problem!

Cutting is essential to looking lean. The lower your body fat percentage, the more ripped you will look. Find your calorie maintenance level and depending on how serious you want to cut, eat at least ~500 cals lower than your level. Many bodybuilders choose to greatly reduce carbohydrate intake to help cut while others believe it's not the carbs its the calories. You can choose whatever side of the argument you want, but eating under the maintenance level IS KEY.

Use Fitday to track your total calorie intake for each day to make sure you are on the right track.

QUOTE (Intraframe @ Mar 18 2010, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
out of sheer curiosity (not looking for recommendations), what supplements do you guys take?
All I got is my whey protien and some creatine

A. Currently, the only supplement I really take is Case-In Protein. It's good for when I don't get adequate protein during the day, so before bed I can drink it. However, I'd rather get my protien from good quality food rather than a powder. There's no guarantee the protein from a shake is being effectively used in my body.

Creatine Monohydrate is simply put, the best and only supplement I would recommend for helping gains. I would only take specifically creatine monohydrate though, none of the other types. It is proven to aid in muscle growth.

Personally I don't take Creatine because it makes me feel nauseous.

More Questions coming shortly.....

Articles

QUOTE (Plasmic Fury)
Alcohol and Body Building

I just thought I�d inform people how drinking can affect muscle gain as this is a touchy subject and many of you will probably be wondering.

You probably have a good assumption to the answer of this question. Does Alcohol effect muscle gain? Simply, yes � yes it does. Depending on your weekly/monthly consumption you�re gains can be harmed to completely ruined. Here�s why.

-Testosterone Levels:
A single night of binge drinking can decrease testosterone levels for up to 24hours. Continuous partying and binge drinking will result in a permanent decrease. For those that are unaware testosterone is the most important muscle-building hormone in your body! It is also important to note that excessive drinking can lead to higher levels of estrogen in the body leading to some lovely man boobs/smaller testes/more body fat/ and decreased fertility.

-Protein Synthesis:
Studies have shown that excessive alcohol consumption slows down the process of protein synthesis by up to 22%. Muscles are made up of protein so slowing down this process can be detrimental to your gains.

-Dehydration:
This applies to those more uneducated to the effects of drinking. During a night of drinking your kidneys will use a substantial amount of the body�s water to break down the alcohol. Staying hydrated is one of the keys to muscle gain. If you are going to be drinking I recommend steady water consumption throughout the night.

-The next day at the Gym:
It has been proven that alcohol consumption 48 hours before exercise greatly effects the persons level of strength, focus, reaction time and hand-eye coordination. If you want to lift well you should not consume alcohol 48hrs prior to working out.

-Vitamin and Mineral Depletion:
Alcohol will cause your body to drain many important Vitamin and Minerals at a rapid rate. Being properly nourished aids in muscle growth and maintenance.

-Weight Gain:
Alcohol is simply empty calories, you are not getting much for how much you�re putting in your body. The more you consume the more fat your body will eventually store. Alcohol is calorie dense. While this shouldn�t be on the top of your list of worries, it still has a negative impact on gains.

My Recommendation:
The best thing you can do for your body is to stop drinking. However, while you�re young you do want to have fun every now and then. Drinking is inevitable for many. If you can stop cold turkey � that�s great, however for those that are going to continue here�s some tips:

+Limit binge drinking to once a month:
Pick the correct night to drink! You should not be consuming alcohol on a weekly basis. To get the least amount of impact on your body you should try to limit yourself to 4-5 drinks a month.

+Nourish yourself before heading out:
Remember to drink plenty of water during the night and eat a big meal full of good vitamins/nutrients/fat/proteins . At least you can lessen the harmful effects.

+Don�t drink and head to the gym the next day:
If possible drink the night before your rest day. You�ll be less productive at the gym the next day if you decide the drink the night before.

< Feel free to send me articles that I can post here! >

Edited by Plasmic Fury, 01 April 2010 - 12:02 PM.

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Ive been playing games before I could barley talk , I love playing all sports, and have been a mixed martial artist for almost over 2 years.
  • Steam ID:j_sunnner_1
I cant stand people who in a gym take up all the fucking equipment.

Mares

Mares

Best Avatar 08

• GA Private
  • 3,151 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3456
Are shrugs really necessary? They hurt my neck and aren't really fun at all. Are there any replacements?

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (Mares @ Mar 11 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are shrugs really necessary? They hurt my neck and aren't really fun at all. Are there any replacements?

You are either doing them wrong or starting with too much weight.

Try doing shrugs with dumbbells till you get used to the movement. You should not be straining your neck when shrugging.

The only thing that really pisses me off about barbell shrugs is how it always grinds against my balls while i shrug it.

Oh, and also shrugs are definitely not necessary by any means, but if you want to get some nice traps they help a lot.

QUOTE (حشّا @ Mar 11 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant stand people who in a gym take up all the fucking equipment.

Man, if only you saw what my gym looks like on a Tuesday night. I usually wait 10-15minutes for a power rack.

Also, if you guys are gonna start posting in here now, then I'm going to update the F.A.Q. more.

Edited by Plasmic Fury, 11 March 2010 - 05:04 PM.

Racecar

Racecar
  • Members
  • 258 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
I've been a competitive swimmer for 6 years now, and I've just finished up my final season. Since the school year isn't over until May, I'll still be swimming 8000-12000 yards a day, but after school ends I'll need alternative means of staying in shape. As a swimmer it has been recommended to gain little muscle mass to stay lean and hydrodynamic, but with my swimming career ending I'd like to change that.

My goal is to get bigger arms and possibly 6 pack abs. Right now I'm 15 years old, 6'3" and a fraction tall, and weigh 155 lb.
My Diet is very poor, consists of a lot of processed food (many microwaveable meals and frequent fast food for stressful schedules).
And my workload right now is around 8000-12000 yards of swimming a day on week days (12000 is rare, and extremely difficult), and when I don't swim I do a light weight workout of every muscle, and occasionally a 45-60 minute bike ride.

During the summer I'll be able to be very flexible and accommodate for any routine and any diet, but during the next school year I may need some advice.
School begins at 7:30 (I won't be able to drive next year so I'll have to pack a lunch to eat on campus), and school ends at 2:45. I have access to a small gym in my dad's office building that has sets dumbbells up to 100 lb. and some off brand all-in-one machine. I'd like to work out in the morning before school (I'd have time for about a 45 minute routine?), and go running in the afternoons. I'd like everyone's suggestions for both a summer diet/routine and also a diet/routine that can fit around my school schedule.

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:SurprisedPlanet
1) Why is beefcake banned? DETAILS!

2) Do you every have gym workouts where you can only lift a lot less than the time before? For example, a week ago I managed a 50kg brench press (8 reps) on my last set after doing, 40kg, 45kg x2. Then today, I tried to bench press 40kg on my first set, and it was a fucking struggle. So I end'd up doing 4 sets of 40kg.

There was plenty of rest between these work out days. So I can't think for the life of me, why I was much weaker? Is it just random?

P.s. I'm 140lbs (60kg), and I benched 8 reps of 50kg... not long now till my main goal... BENCHING MY BODY WEIGHT!!
QUOTE (Tree_ @ May 20 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jamie, just go smoke some crack; you'll feel better.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (Jamie @ Mar 13 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Why is beefcake banned? DETAILS!

According to The Colonel he broke the rules too many times to count. Posted porn, multi-accounted, asked to get banned etc.

QUOTE (Jamie @ Mar 13 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2) Do you every have gym workouts where you can only lift a lot less than the time before? For example, a week ago I managed a 50kg brench press (8 reps) on my last set after doing, 40kg, 45kg x2. Then today, I tried to bench press 40kg on my first set, and it was a fucking struggle. So I end'd up doing 4 sets of 40kg.
There was plenty of rest between these work out days. So I can't think for the life of me, why I was much weaker? Is it just random?
P.s. I'm 140lbs (60kg), and I benched 8 reps of 50kg... not long now till my main goal... BENCHING MY BODY WEIGHT!!

Everyone has bad workout days and vice versa. You may have not slept enough the night before, or not eaten enough food beforehand. Maybe your mentality was different too.

Don't let it get to you, go back to the gym your next workout day and try to beat your goals. It's normal to have a day like you did.

Another thing to remember is proper warm-ups. Before any compound lift you should warm-up with low weight to get your muscles ready. It helps and will reduce your chance of injury.

Edited by Plasmic Fury, 13 March 2010 - 05:43 PM.

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
Mehh, to warn up for benching, I just bench the bar (which is like 10kg) as a set, but I never count it.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to bench 60kg (140lbs). Its my ultimate goal.

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Ive been playing games before I could barley talk , I love playing all sports, and have been a mixed martial artist for almost over 2 years.
QUOTE (Jamie @ Mar 14 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mehh, to warn up for benching, I just bench the bar (which is like 10kg) as a set, but I never count it.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to bench 60kg (140lbs). Its my ultimate goal.

You should prob do more chest stretches then just the bar. I like the arms on the wall shit.

Mares

Mares

Best Avatar 08

• GA Private
  • 3,151 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3456
So little question, when is the best time to weigh yourself? In the morning?

Because I want to know my weight now, like the weight I can tell someone if they need to know.

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Mar 14 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should prob do more chest stretches then just the bar. I like the arms on the wall shit.

I dislike that one. I also swing my arms back and forth to the changing rooms, and coming out till I start weight lifting.

QUOTE (Mares @ Mar 14 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because I want to know my weight now, like the weight I can tell someone if they need to know.

Morning's probably a good time, weigh yourself a few different days, as beefcake use to say, your weight will go up and down daily, as it depends how much water your holding.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (Mares @ Mar 14 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right in the morning after your piss. You'll have the lowest amount of water weight at this time.

Life Of David Gale

Life Of David Gale
  • Banned
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:HailCCCP
I have been a natural bodybuilder for a while now and just wanted to share this site with you all. I is all about drug-free bodybuilding

http://weightrainer.net

It has some cool calculators on the site which show you what your maximum potential is.

http://weightrainer....m_bodypred.html

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Life Of David Gale @ Mar 15 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been a natural bodybuilder for a while now and just wanted to share this site with you all. I is all about drug-free bodybuilding

http://weightrainer.net

It has some cool calculators on the site which show you what your maximum potential is.

http://weightrainer....m_bodypred.html

Nice, like you do competitions?

Height, weight?

Life Of David Gale

Life Of David Gale
  • Banned
  • 13 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Mar 15 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice, like you do competitions?

Height, weight?

I have done a few small competitions, i plan on going for my INBF card soon

currently 5'11" 189

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Life Of David Gale @ Mar 15 2010, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have done a few small competitions, i plan on going for my INBF card soon

currently 5'11" 189

oh okay cool, I thought you were a mini hulk body builder lol

You must be cut then too? Whats your BF% at?

Life Of David Gale

Life Of David Gale
  • Banned
  • 13 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Mar 15 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh okay cool, I thought you were a mini hulk body builder lol

You must be cut then too? Whats your BF% at?

probably around 12-14% right now, going for 8 by June

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Life Of David Gale @ Mar 15 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm around 5-7%

5'7-8 165 Pounds ish. <--- MMA fighter :0

Edited by حشّاشين Ghost, 15 March 2010 - 06:13 PM.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (Life Of David Gale @ Mar 15 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>