Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sc2 Beta

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1389 replies to this topic

h3r1n6

h3r1n6

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• Global Moderators
  • 1,770 posts
  • xfire:h3r1n6
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Sports
  • Steam ID:h3r1n6
Hi,

this thread is for discussion of the beta of the follow up for the best game ever. So may it be speculations, reports of the game or questions for those who are in, this goes here.

First thing that comes to my mind is if the sc2 variation of 2 port wraith works, where you get a factory with double queue addon and pump vikings from it for harassment and then go for your expo. Would be nice if someone could find that out.

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
I have a question about getting into the beta; did you just have to set your preferences in your blizzard account to opt-in?

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Feb 21 2010, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question about getting into the beta; did you just have to set your preferences in your blizzard account to opt-in?

I believe so. Also, turn on your luck hacks.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
If you arent in the beta, you can still download the client and watch replays, PM me for info, or a mod can say its ok for me to explain how.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Anyone think Terran Anti Air is woefully weak?

The vikings seem as squishy as wraiths, and marines don't cut it because of mass banelings or roaches rape the shit out of Terran infantry. Thors are way way to expensive to be any use against muta.

TBH, at the point in the game. Roach to Muta/Roach seems like the best build against Terran ever.

Apart from mass Hydra because they seem broken as shit atm.

Anyone else think so?

Gorthakk

Gorthakk
  • Members
  • 288 posts
Just got myself the beta, damn fun so far.. altho those noob maps with rocks are kinda dull. Its fun going into this not knowing any build orders and creating it as you go along xD

Also what races are you all playing? Im protoss or terran cant decide.. only played like 5 games so far tho.

War29388

War29388
  • Members
  • 496 posts
  • xfire:war29388
I played WhiteRa earlier, so I've copied his build and began to play as protoss, and it's absolutely devestating against a lot of people.

To tackle roach's/hydras I find marines and marauders to be very effective, with teching up to medivacs. Make sure to time when you leave your base though. With mass mutalisks, I think ravens are quite good, with the heat seaking missile thing, but I've not been up against them too much. But zerg can produce an army incredibly well, it is very hard to see when to attack, and how much defence you need against the ridiculous early game army sizes.

@hering, I'll give it a try, no idea really how effective it will be and haven't tried out vikings much so it will be interesting.

Also, anyone having an issue with immortals? What on earth is a counter for them?
QUOTE (h3r1n6 @ Nov 9 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
warlord u gosu ^_^

freeze: SHOOOWWWWMATCCCHHHHH :D

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
QUOTE (War29388 @ Feb 22 2010, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I played WhiteRa earlier, so I've copied his build and began to play as protoss, and it's absolutely devestating against a lot of people.

What does his build involve?

QUOTE (War29388 @ Feb 22 2010, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, anyone having an issue with immortals? What on earth is a counter for them?

Yea, I've seen a lot of people moaning about them. They can't attack air right? So maybe Banshees or Mutas. I dunno man.

azaroth

azaroth
  • Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (j type @ Feb 22 2010, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What does his build involve?

Yea, I've seen a lot of people moaning about them. They can't attack air right? So maybe Banshees or Mutas. I dunno man.

Well to counter Immortals unit whihc doesnt deal a lot of damage will be a great encounter. For example lets say a Siege Tank the damage will be soaked up because of the Immortals shield rather, Zerglings on the other hadn do more damage to the shield and will be a great counter but it depends on the amount of units both players have icon_confused.gif

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (War29388 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To tackle roach's/hydras I find marines and marauders to be very effective, with teching up to medivacs. Make sure to time when you leave your base though. With mass mutalisks, I think ravens are quite good, with the heat seaking missile thing, but I've not been up against them too much. But zerg can produce an army incredibly well, it is very hard to see when to attack, and how much defence you need against the ridiculous early game army sizes.

@hering, I'll give it a try, no idea really how effective it will be and haven't tried out vikings much so it will be interesting.

Are you sure about the Marines > Roaches? 'Cause I see like 5 Roaches eat 12 marines like they're nothing. Then Mutas don't even see turrets anymore really.

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
  • xfire:th0za
  • Xbox / GFWL:Th0zA
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Feb 22 2010, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure about the Marines > Roaches? 'Cause I see like 5 Roaches eat 12 marines like they're nothing. Then Mutas don't even see turrets anymore really.

The marauders counter the roaches, marines are there for the hydras...and because they're cheap, cost no gas, and can be pumped like mad, hehe.
To win rts, be prepared to lose...a lot.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (Th0zA @ Feb 22 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The marauders counter the roaches, marines are there for the hydras...and because they're cheap, cost no gas, and can be pumped like mad, hehe.

Okay, but what about the Mutas? Are massing Ravens worth it? Does the missle do splash damage? Is it just me or are ghosts worth WAY too much Gas?

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Feb 22 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, but what about the Mutas? Are massing Ravens worth it? Does the missle do splash damage? Is it just me or are ghosts worth WAY too much Gas?

Haven't tried mass ravens against mutas. Their missile does do splash damage. Mostly with marines and thors I don't worry too much about air for the most part. Haven't really played with the ghosts too much. They do seem like a lot of gas...plus I'm used to sc1 where you only have them if you want to embarrass nuke someone, heh.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (Th0zA @ Feb 22 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't tried mass ravens against mutas. Their missile does do splash damage. Mostly with marines and thors I don't worry too much about air for the most part. Haven't really played with the ghosts too much. They do seem like a lot of gas...plus I'm used to sc1 where you only have them if you want to embarrass nuke someone, heh.

Apparently it's really easy/fast to get nukes in this one. Just go into an FFA and try it.

An do you think Thors are good vs like Air and stuff? They seem too expensive. Also, seem weak to banelings.

h3r1n6

h3r1n6

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• Global Moderators
  • 1,770 posts
  • xfire:h3r1n6
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Sports
  • Steam ID:h3r1n6
Thor sounds like the valkyrie of SC2 then icon_smile.gif

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
Day9 did a show solely about TvP vs immortals.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
QUOTE (h3r1n6 @ Feb 22 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thor sounds like the valkyrie of SC2 then icon_smile.gif

Not really, the Thor is excellent versus air as well as buildings and mech. Heck I won a game versus a toss who went hardcore zealots with stalker backup. I defeated his army with rines and a couple thors. I'm becoming a fan of thors. icon_wink.gif

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
Not to get too off-topic here, but with the launch of the SC2 beta and the new BNet system, Blizzard have confirmed that neither of those two products are in any way, as some people had previously dubbed them, 'vaporware'.

Furthermore, on a similar note, I've noticed a distinct absence of JimRaynor in these forums of late...

Edited by j type, 23 February 2010 - 12:18 AM.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (j type @ Feb 23 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to get too off-topic here, but with the launch of the SC2 beta and the new BNet system, Blizzard have confirmed that neither of those two products are in any way, as some people had previously dubbed them, 'vaporware'.

Furthermore, on a similar note, I've noticed a distinct absence of JimRaynor in these forums of late...

He got banned

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Feb 23 2010, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He got banned

Ah, that's a shame. I was gonna enjoy bringing that one up with him.. Oh well..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users