Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sc2 Beta

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1389 replies to this topic

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
QUOTE (Toasted @ Apr 30 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/snip

I wasn't trying to invalidate your point or anything, just needlessly clarifying what eedok was saying. icon_razz.gif

Also, I got the key from FutureShop, but it doesn't work. There's an extra character somewhere, 'cause when I try to copy-paste it in, it's one character too many to fit in...

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
Wow.. ZvT is feeling a lot like BW PvT for me right now..

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (j type @ Apr 30 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow.. ZvT is feeling a lot like BW PvT for me right now..

Make tanks and vultures an slowly push out while making missle turrets at your army while planting mines absolutely everywhere?

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ May 1 2010, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make tanks and vultures an slowly push out while making missle turrets at your army while planting mines absolutely everywhere?

PvT, not TvP.

I mean that as the Zerg you can't engage the Terran ball head on. A lot of the early-mid game is delaying and breaking the Terran push. Even if you outnumber the Terran units 3-1, you still can't just attack where you want to, you have to try and flank, separate, pick-off and otherwise avoid attacking it all at once.

The same could be said for ZvP also, once the Protoss gets a few Colossi, but I've been getting more frustrated with the Terran ball as of late.

Edited by j type, 30 April 2010 - 07:32 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (j type @ Apr 30 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PvT, not TvP.

I mean that as the Zerg you can't engage the Terran ball head on. A lot of the early-mid game is delaying and breaking the Terran push. Even if you outnumber the Terran units 3-1, you still can't just attack where you want to, you have to try and flank, separate, pick-off and otherwise avoid attacking it all at once.

The same could be said for ZvP also, once the Protoss gets a few Colossi, but I've been getting more frustrated with the Terran ball as of late.

Solution.

Banelings.

Lots and lots of Banelings.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ May 1 2010, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Solution.

Banelings.

Lots and lots of Banelings.

Yup! Just tried out burrowing banelings at my natural choke and waiting for the MM push. Worked wonders.

I've only ever really used Blings as a harassment unit and have never really had much success with integrating them into my main force.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
Banelings and infestors are all you'll ever need (and hydra if they get any air)

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Infestors? For Mc on big units? Unless funal growth?

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ May 1 2010, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Infestors? For Mc on big units? Unless funal growth?

Yeah Fungal growth as support for Hydra or Hydra/Roach is just insane.

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
I prefer infested terrans.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ May 1 2010, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I prefer infested terrans.

Yeah, they're pretty cool now that they do 8 damage. However, they move so slow that, unless you use them alongside Fungal Growth in battle, the enemy units can just move back and wait a few seconds.

Of course, this might work in your favour.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
zvp, mind control all their robotics units and laugh maniacally.

zvt, MC the thors and fungal their ball.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
Ugh, I've been patching for the last 4 hours and I'm only up to v0.6....... icon_sad.gif

I'll be playing soon enough hopefully, thanks Deth!
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
QUOTE (Jaedong @ May 1 2010, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, I've been patching for the last 4 hours and I'm only up to v0.6....... icon_sad.gif

I'll be playing soon enough hopefully, thanks Deth!

You ungrateful swine! /shakes-fist

I don't even have a key, 'cause I'm too busy taking a corporate dildo up my ass with Future Shop's abysmal customer service. After 5 days of waiting and fighting with customer support, I got an invalidly formatted key in my inbox, which is like 8 characters longer than a real key. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Future Shop just threw in random alpha-numeric characters to attempt to ease the complaints. Many others got the same fake key, and when they called customer service, they told him to take the key to Blizzard...

Let's add that to the boycott list.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
QUOTE (Jengerer @ May 1 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You ungrateful swine! /shakes-fist

I don't even have a key, 'cause I'm too busy taking a corporate dildo up my ass with Future Shop's abysmal customer service. After 5 days of waiting and fighting with customer support, I got an invalidly formatted key in my inbox, which is like 8 characters longer than a real key. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Future Shop just threw in random alpha-numeric characters to attempt to ease the complaints. Many others got the same fake key, and when they called customer service, they told him to take the key to Blizzard...

Let's add that to the boycott list.

Make sure you go to 'add game' rather 'item code redemption'. I thought my key was too long too but it turned out i was entering it on the wrong screen. Oh boy you're going to feel silly if this is what you did icon_razz.gif
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
QUOTE (Jaedong @ May 1 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make sure you go to 'add game' rather 'item code redemption'. I thought my key was too long too but it turned out i was entering it on the wrong screen. Oh boy you're going to feel silly if this is what you did icon_razz.gif

i bet you were like "DETH FUCKED ME OVER, I GOT EXCITE FOR NOTHING >:[" icon_razz.gif

whats your aka so i can add/rape you some

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ May 1 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i bet you were like "DETH FUCKED ME OVER, I GOT EXCITE FOR NOTHING >:[" icon_razz.gif

whats your aka so i can add/rape you some

I still haven't fully patched yet so I can't play icon_sad.gif

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
i got thor rushed for the first time (i was zerg). i didnt realise how quick you could get it- he pretty much blocked his entrance and built like 1 marine and went straight to factory, starport+armoury. his first thor just popped out as i broke through his barricade with my bane/lings. i looked at the replay and i mega facepalmed. i could've had the game sooooo easily if i had just scouted/kept pushing with my ling/banelings. fml. i just got freaked out when i saw thor and decided to tech (to be fair he was being annoying by using his medivac micro with the thor on my mineral line so i couldnt attack him with my lings)

Edited by Myth, 01 May 2010 - 05:01 AM.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
QUOTE (Myth @ May 1 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i got thor rushed for the first time (i was zerg). i didnt realise how quick you could get it- he pretty much blocked his entrance and built like 1 marine and went straight to factory, starport+armoury. his first thor just popped out as i broke through his barricade with my bane/lings. i looked at the replay and i mega facepalmed. i could've had the game sooooo easily if i had just scouted/kept pushing with my ling/banelings. fml. i just got freaked out when i saw thor and decided to tech (to be fair he was being annoying by using his medivac micro with the thor on my mineral line so i couldnt attack him with my lings)

if you baneling rush properly there is no way he can have a thor out in time.

honestly though, best counter is literally fast tech to lair with double gas and a 14pool 15 hatch, get infestor den AND hydra den as soon as lair finishes, then mind control thor and snipe the medivac. Played a top platinum player who tried the thor drop today, and completely raped him with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users