Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sc2 Beta

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1389 replies to this topic

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Mar 29 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the sneaky wording in this sentence. It's saying, "I could annihilate him, but I won't." I see your little mind games you're pulling... establishing dominance in a passive aggressive format. I see that...

DO BATTLE!

already called truce, this way it does not have to end with me standing over a dead bloody body icon_smile.gif
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (Fritobag @ Mar 29 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
already called truce, this way it does not have to end with me standing over a dead bloody body icon_smile.gif

They are fighting words haha
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
aw...

anyway

i just got the beta, and i must say that I am so glad that there it supports nvidia control centre aa and there is no frame-limit cap!
My set up isnt even that great by today's standards and its running at max + 16xqaa at >110fps

take that kw!

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
Truce over, 1v1 each other NAO.
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
I had a dream I was 1v1ing avilo on Blistering sands. He was T at top, I was Z bottom. I massed zerglings from 6 hatches, 1 base. He massed hellions.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Mar 30 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a dream I was 1v1ing avilo on Blistering sands. He was T at top, I was Z bottom. I massed zerglings from 6 hatches, 1 base. He massed hellions.

Interesting. I've a very vague understanding of dream interpretation, but from the little I do know, this is definitely a sign indicating you two should DO BATTLE!

Javea1

Javea1

Member Of The Month October 2007 | Best RTS Contributor

• Members
  • 1,681 posts
  • xfire:Javea1
  • Interests:RTS
  • Xbox / GFWL:Javea
  • Wii:4339-2250-4654
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Mar 30 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting. I've a very vague understanding of dream interpretation, but from the little I do know, this is definitely a sign indicating you two should DO BATTLE!

Agreed.
"Gonna cook a pizza... think about the patch." -Day[9]

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
New Patch!!!!1111!!!

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 7 (version 0.9.0.14621B)
http://forums.battle...c...16&sid=5000

* TERRAN
o Banshee
+ The health has been increased from 130 to 140.

o Missile Turret
+ The damage has been changed from 7+7 armored to 12.

o Thor
+ Anti-Air damage has been decreased from 10+6 light to 8+4 light.
+ Anti-Air attack now deals splash damage in a 0.5 radius.

* PROTOSS
o High Templar
+ The Psi Storm radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5.

o Photon Cannon
+ Life and Shield values have been increased from 125/125 to 150/150.

* ZERG
o Broodlord
+ Damage has been decreased from 25 to 20.

o Roach
+ Organic Carapace no longer grants bonus regeneration to unburrowed roaches.

o Spine Crawler
+ Damage has been increased from 20+10 armored to 25+5 armored.
+ Attack period decreased from 2.2 to 1.6.

o Spore Crawler
+ The cost has been decreased from 100 to 75.

Bug Fixes
* Fixed an issue in which players would desync when matched against others with certain CPUs.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
Ugh, they need to make the thor stronger, it can get taken out way too easily, i remember when i had like 4 thors and they got taken out so easily :| Yet marines and maruarders are much better icon_confused.gif lol.

L2PDave

L2PDave
  • Members
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Mar 30 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, they need to make the thor stronger, it can get taken out way too easily, i remember when i had like 4 thors and they got taken out so easily :| Yet marines and maruarders are much better icon_confused.gif lol.

I was under the impression Thors were more like support fire units...(anti-air primarily to compliment the siege tanks) like they need something to soak up the damage while they attack oppose to massing them and taking troops head on with them, correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't seen them being used much though.

Edited by L2PDave, 30 March 2010 - 05:21 PM.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Mar 30 2010, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They were changed to make them a more effective counter to Mutalisks.

If you need proof, here's a video that was just submitted to TL: http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=117901

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
Late game ZvP i just go mass muta and banelings. I poke in to attack their shit, they shield up with forcefields and guardian shields and i back off with next to no losses, then do it again as soon as the shields wear off. Lategame zvp is just a series of nonbattles until the one battle when they dont have enough energy on sentries.

I finally ran into the problem with this, though. With enough sentries, they can wall in like all of your banelings and storm them all and then you don't have shit. Muta/baneling seems really good to stop P from getting a 3rd, maybe even a 4th, but then P's get storm and I lose. What should I transition into lategame zvp?

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Mar 31 2010, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What should I transition into lategame zvp?

Well, I've found a lot of success with Broodlords, even despite storm. Obviously the Broodlords need to be supported with a decent ground army (unless it's ZvT where Broodlord/Corruptor is enough to win most matches for me), so I often try to save as many Hydras as possible from the mid-game and mass lings also. Of course if you're transitioning from Mutas, saving some of those for some extra support/mobility isn't a bad idea.

I actually never use Banelings late game. I should really start though.

I've also had a pretty good success rate with Ultras (edit - in ZvP), as they feel (surprisingly) cost effective, with their splash damage and high health/armour. If looked after, they can last for ages.

Edited by j type, 30 March 2010 - 07:19 PM.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Mar 31 2010, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Late game ZvP i just go mass muta and banelings. I poke in to attack their shit, they shield up with forcefields and guardian shields and i back off with next to no losses, then do it again as soon as the shields wear off. Lategame zvp is just a series of nonbattles until the one battle when they dont have enough energy on sentries.

I finally ran into the problem with this, though. With enough sentries, they can wall in like all of your banelings and storm them all and then you don't have shit. Muta/baneling seems really good to stop P from getting a 3rd, maybe even a 4th, but then P's get storm and I lose. What should I transition into lategame zvp?

muta/ling/roach/hydra/bling/infestor is good icon_razz.gif

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Mar 31 2010, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
muta/ling/roach/hydra/bling/infestor is good icon_razz.gif

Basically. Lol!

It seems that, at this stage of the game, just having a decent amount of everything can ensure your success.

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
Ling/roach/hydra is good because your zerglings are expandable so you get free shots off with roach/hydra, then you have high hp roaches in front with 3 range, and hydras in back with 6 range. So with those 3 a-moving, it pretty much micros itself. Infestors are pretty key when collosi are a problem, which, with a large ground army, they are. Mutas make it easy to pick off stormers like in bw too.

I don't really like ultras and banelings in this case because mutas are just so good, they'll probably get lots of stalkers and sentries. Stalkers do extra damage vs armored and sentries pretty much deny any melee range stuff from doing too much. Zerglings I do like though because the cost only minerals which you are always floating, and run faster than the rest of your stuff, so they'll probably shield up in the wrong spots if you run past them and flank.

Do australians play on US server?

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Mar 31 2010, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do australians play on US server?

yah

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
Anyone else annoyed with how the health bar is above the units/buildings and not under? Is there a way/option for having it under?

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
I don't make Roaches in ZvT anymore. All you need is ling/hydra until lategame.. icon_razz.gif

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
QUOTE (j type @ Mar 30 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't make Roaches in ZvT anymore. All you need is ling/hydra until lategame.. icon_razz.gif

If the terran opens hellions or reapers, you either need roaches or speedlings. Speedlings usually aren't good because hellions can micro a bit against them and reapers can go up/down cliffs.

If you open 14 hatch, you need roaches because you aren't getting zergling speed any time soon, and it is just so much easier to fight back hellions and reapers with early roaches. Lair gets done way too late if you try to get hydras. You can definitely get away with just zerglings (if you don't 14 hatch) unless they open with more than 1 barracks. Then you need banelings/roaches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users