Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sc2 Beta

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1389 replies to this topic

Toasted

Toasted
  • Members
  • 200 posts
QUOTE (j type @ May 5 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah that's right.

If his ally was going bio, then maybe throwing in a couple of banelings would be an idea, particularly if you wanted to go mutas as well, as marines own mutas pretty hard.

Although, if your ally is Terran, then a couple of Vikings would probably be a safe choice as they have that super-long 9 range so they can take down those Colossi from a safe distance, while you both focus on unit combos to deal with the rest of the enemy units.

i agree, vikings are an excellent part of the army to take down collosus, if you have a decent number of them, 5-10, you just want to send them in and break down the collosus because no doubt the sentries and stalkers defending them will focus you down. i find that if you have vikings and your opponent has a very anti air heavy army, send them into his base and harass his tech buildings while the main army is half way across the map.

Damn, i just shot Marvin in the face... - Vincent Vega

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (Toasted @ May 5 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i agree, vikings are an excellent part of the army to take down collosus, if you have a decent number of them, 5-10, you just want to send them in and break down the collosus because no doubt the sentries and stalkers defending them will focus you down. i find that if you have vikings and your opponent has a very anti air heavy army, send them into his base and harass his tech buildings while the main army is half way across the map.

yea im getting my friend to tech air and get vikings next time if we see colossus. in all honesty though, it was lack of scouting. i just assumed my friend was scanning their base which was stupid.

just got out macroed and out teched by my friend (ZvZ). ffffffffff so noob.

Toasted

Toasted
  • Members
  • 200 posts
QUOTE (Myth @ May 5 2010, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea im getting my friend to tech air and get vikings next time if we see colossus. in all honesty though, it was lack of scouting. i just assumed my friend was scanning their base which was stupid.

just got out macroed and out teched by my friend (ZvZ). ffffffffff so noob.

haha thats me every game if i dont pull of an early game victory icon_wink.gif i hate end game, where its just see who ever has the most battle cruisers or broodlords, i just cant stand it, prefer the battles at the start and maybe mid game with a mix of siege tanks/ colossus and mutas

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
Just got back from uni and played 5 placement matches. Zerg opponents every single time =/.

Oh and I'm in Silver, my only wins were when I got protoss, zvz and tvz I lost...badly.
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (Toasted @ May 6 2010, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha thats me every game if i dont pull of an early game victory icon_wink.gif i hate end game, where its just see who ever has the most battle cruisers or broodlords, i just cant stand it, prefer the battles at the start and maybe mid game with a mix of siege tanks/ colossus and mutas

ive never played through to end game in 1v1. usually 2nd tier is the highest i go before the game ends. only time i went last tier was 2v2, where the fking other team just turtled like hell then pretty much mass carriers and phoenixes while the terran just got MMM + tanks... that map was terrible- its the one where the allies spawn right next to each other and the nat is piss easy to defend.

Toasted

Toasted
  • Members
  • 200 posts
QUOTE (Myth @ May 6 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ive never played through to end game in 1v1. usually 2nd tier is the highest i go before the game ends. only time i went last tier was 2v2, where the fking other team just turtled like hell then pretty much mass carriers and phoenixes while the terran just got MMM + tanks... that map was terrible- its the one where the allies spawn right next to each other and the nat is piss easy to defend.

twilight fortress, yeah i hate to get the the part of the game where you can bring out 20 carriers in about a min, i just hate it, i like the smaller micro battles with t1-2 units, much more fun tbh.

TehJDot

TehJDot
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • xfire:tehjdot
  • Interests:Games, comics, girls.
  • Steam ID:bopmachine
  • Xbox / GFWL:tehjdot
  • PSN:lol ps3 sucks
Thanks to UDP (many thanks) Im finally in the beta. (Well, its installing now.) Just wondering what the key differences are in this game, other than the new terrain features like the rocks. The game looks like so much fun.
It is not good enough that I win. All others must fail.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have the beta and it is added to my account but everytime I try to login it says a copy isn't associated. WTF I downloaded the game before I was in the beta but this shouldn't be a problem should it? ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyway also have a key for someone.
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Toasted

Toasted
  • Members
  • 200 posts
QUOTE (rugmonkey @ May 6 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the beta and it is added to my account but everytime I try to login it says a copy isn't associated. WTF I downloaded the game before I was in the beta but this shouldn't be a problem should it? ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

did you download the real game or some crapping AI starcrack bull shit? icon_confused.gif

Th0zA

Th0zA
  • Members
  • 296 posts
  • xfire:th0za
  • Xbox / GFWL:Th0zA
QUOTE (Toasted @ May 6 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
did you download the real game or some crapping AI starcrack bull shit? icon_confused.gif

Aye, I would suggest reinstalling the client from your bnet account. I would imagine you wouldn't have any problems after that.
To win rts, be prepared to lose...a lot.

ATx 4 Life

ATx 4 Life
  • Members
  • 344 posts
  • xfire:ATx
  • Xbox / GFWL:ATx I Pwnstar
QUOTE (rugmonkey @ May 6 2010, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pick me !!!

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:8
I got called Noob cheese, because i simply harassed with reapers, micro-ed them around so they didnt die, and in the mean time i was teching banshees with cloak...

all he said was, oh i see your noobcheese.

i said "Noobcheese it is then"

went in with the banshees

once more he said noobcheese

and he quit

i find it a good strat to go with, when they forget to tech detectors of some kind. I love reaper harassing, mostly because i get to see their whole base for a while. see what they are building on, and then i go from there. I still suck bad at endgame, but my beginning game i am pretty satisfied with, i just always end up not building enough, or expanding soon enough... i get comfortable with my one base and forget i need to expand, and once i do try he has already got a plan for taking out my expansions

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
  • xfire:xsolideathx
  • Xbox / GFWL:xsolideathx
  • PSN:xsolideathx
  • Wii:8631256620113728
QUOTE (BILLY AGE 8 @ May 6 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got called Noob cheese, because i simply harassed with reapers, micro-ed them around so they didnt die, and in the mean time i was teching banshees with cloak...

all he said was, oh i see your noobcheese.

i said "Noobcheese it is then"

went in with the banshees

once more he said noobcheese

and he quit

i find it a good strat to go with, when they forget to tech detectors of some kind. I love reaper harassing, mostly because i get to see their whole base for a while. see what they are building on, and then i go from there. I still suck bad at endgame, but my beginning game i am pretty satisfied with, i just always end up not building enough, or expanding soon enough... i get comfortable with my one base and forget i need to expand, and once i do try he has already got a plan for taking out my expansions

noobcheese.

but really... do they make that cheese? and would i be noob if i bought it?

reallllly. pwned icon_smile.gif

Whose the noob??

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
loving ultralisk buff/broodlord nerf

tbh i think it should be more tho, and better AI for the ultras they are just like big zerglings when they run around like big idiots

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
I've just been moved down to bronze and I swear to god some of these people are literally retarded.

The last guy I played (who was favoured against me) had when I attacked (there'd been no fights before this) 2 roaches and 2 queens. That was his army. Oh Rob you must have rushed him. Well apparently he had time to double expand...

Oh and he had evo chamber and spine crawlers up before Hydra Den or Roach Warren or Spire or anything like that...
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:8
QUOTE (Solideath @ May 6 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but really... do they make that cheese? and would i be noob if i bought it?

i really hope so, it would be like eating noobs for breakfast, except i would use it in my sandwiches, for lunch.

QUOTE (Rob` @ May 6 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just been moved down to bronze and I swear to god some of these people are literally retarded.

The last guy I played (who was favoured against me) had when I attacked (there'd been no fights before this) 2 roaches and 2 queens. That was his army. Oh Rob you must have rushed him. Well apparently he had time to double expand...

Oh and he had evo chamber and spine crawlers up before Hydra Den or Roach Warren or Spire or anything like that...

Haha, yeah, some of these guys in the bronze league are pretty bad. I have my beginning game down, it's just when it lasts longer than 10 minutes, i fail. That's why i am still in the bronze league, i need to work on my late game

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (rugmonkey @ May 7 2010, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're using the wrong client version, ie EUsc2beta when your key is for US

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ May 7 2010, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you're using the wrong client version, ie EUsc2beta when your key is for US

Okay. Redownloading now. Is it a direct dl off the website or is it a torrent as I can't do it if it is a torrent as my uni will get pissy at me.
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (rugmonkey @ May 7 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay. Redownloading now. Is it a direct dl off the website or is it a torrent as I can't do it if it is a torrent as my uni will get pissy at me.

Blizzards downloader is a P2P filesharing program if thats what you are wondering.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
But there is an option to download from Blizzard, from Bliz I got 1mb a sec from P2P I got 300kb a sec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users