Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sc2 Beta

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1389 replies to this topic

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Myth @ Apr 27 2010, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
speaking of ghosts, am i the only one who uses the EMP? ive never come across a T player who uses ghosts. am i wrong to get ghosts in TvP just for EMP? it sure helps me with battles though. i was just wondering- do the EMP work on P buildings like SC1?

Yes. I use ghosts almost every TvP matchup now. It effectively halves the HP of the units because it removes their shields, kills all their energy (fantastic against High Templar) so I would assume it removes toss building shields aswell.

If I could find a place to upload this 2v2 replay of mine. I'd be able to show ya'll me using ghosts vs high templar. (An a nuke that may or may not get used. ;D)

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Apr 27 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. I use ghosts almost every TvP matchup now. It effectively halves the HP of the units because it removes their shields, kills all their energy (fantastic against High Templar) so I would assume it removes toss building shields aswell.

If I could find a place to upload this 2v2 replay of mine. I'd be able to show ya'll me using ghosts vs high templar. (An a nuke that may or may not get used. ;D)

Just upload to megaupload or something, put it in a rar file as well icon_smile.gif

I have tried to use ghosts but all the time they just get owned icon_sad.gif I have seem some videos where they are incredibly effective, they are useful in long matches if the opponent has 3 or 4 bases, then you can nuke one of his mineral lines and he doesn't know which one is being nuked, so they are very useful if used correctly.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
Also not to be forgotten is the fact that EMP removes the Immortal's passive.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
I figured that it went without saying 'cause they don't have shields. An as far as I know the immortals ability only works when they have shields up.

Also; replay http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8TBHTM4

Enjoy! SC2 lies, its not 24 minutes it's 31 lol. I didn't rar it, it's only 295Kb.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
After watching more and more of HDstarcraft videos, im starting dislike him more and more, its just the way he commentates it, im watching this one match TvP, and its early in the game, P builds a void ray, and T builds a siege tank, and HD is just like "oooo, wrong choice, that is the completely wrong thing that he is doing" and he keeps saying stuff like that, as if they know exactly what their opponent is doing, and every little mini battle according to him is an EPIC BATTLE, grrrrr.

Toasted

Toasted
  • Members
  • 200 posts
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Apr 27 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After watching more and more of HDstarcraft videos, im starting dislike him more and more, its just the way he commentates it, im watching this one match TvP, and its early in the game, P builds a void ray, and T builds a siege tank, and HD is just like "oooo, wrong choice, that is the completely wrong thing that he is doing" and he keeps saying stuff like that, as if they know exactly what their opponent is doing, and every little mini battle according to him is an EPIC BATTLE, grrrrr.

yeah, kinda, i like him better when hes doing duo with husky

Damn, i just shot Marvin in the face... - Vincent Vega

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
Which is why I thought he was some random dude who thought he was cool and original because he was commentating SC2 MUTHAFUGGIN BETA games

Edited by LysIs514, 27 April 2010 - 07:54 PM.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
HDStarcraft and Husky are clearly sadists. Who but a sadist would put Day9 and Tasteless against each other in the first round after his day100 video?
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
void ray rushes are fucking annoying.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Myth @ Apr 28 2010, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
void ray rushes are fucking annoying.

yo dawg, they gotta tech kinda high to get there. i dont recall which race you play but you should be able to build anti air by then. just make sure you scout and you should be fine.

KingdomZero

KingdomZero
  • GA Private
  • 120 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3884
I just got a friend key from Blizzard I think i got 2 but I dont know if it just sent me the one I had before again.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
QUOTE (KingdomZero @ Apr 28 2010, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got a friend key from Blizzard I think i got 2 but I dont know if it just sent me the one I had before again.

I'll have your spare key.

Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:8
BAH!!! middle of match and it shuts down. I guess it's a beta and all... but come one, i was about to rush...

So far i have found that i am best with terran. I love protoss, but haven't learned a good strat with them yet. I figured out terran because i saw reapers and wanted them bad. At first it didn't work out so well, but i have my beginning game down to a T now. It's just a matter of keeping an eye on what they do. Won the last four matches by doing this. 3 of which were placement matches. Hopefully i can get protoss down, and maybe one day i will attempt zerg, i have always sucked with them though. But i seriously hate Brood Lords.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=122091

TL are giving out Beta keys to members with 500 posts or more, who don't yet have a key. I realise that anyone here who has more than 500 posts on TL will probably have seen this already, but I thought it would be worth sharing anyways.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
QUOTE (j type @ Apr 28 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=122091

TL are giving out Beta keys to members with 500 posts or more, who don't yet have a key. I realise that anyone here who has more than 500 posts on TL will probably have seen this already, but I thought it would be worth sharing anyways.

Think they would ignore me missing 400 posts?
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

ZeroTrace

ZeroTrace
  • GA Private
  • 654 posts
  • Evolve:zerotrace
  • Steam ID:zerotrace
  • PSN:rabbhimself
  • Gamer Army ID:2856
Might not have a chance, but if someone has a spare key for PC or Mac I'll happily take it off your hands icon_smile.gif

ppgamerarmysiteimagesi7.gif

recruiterimageyp7.png

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
god damn mauraders - hate them so much
Not just the early game mauraders, but when they get massed. Unless you got an army of immortals or some good storms you get raped.
Come at me bro

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
QUOTE (Intraframe @ Apr 28 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
god damn mauraders - hate them so much
Not just the early game mauraders, but when they get massed. Unless you got an army of immortals or some good storms you get raped.

Maybe you should build their hard counters.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
ikr.

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
icon_sad.gif I needa practice and tech faster
Just had to let that short rant out
Come at me bro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users